User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: coupon fraud: returning items

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    Geez what type of reason would you give when returning half a dozen of aspirin bottles???
    RIGHT!? total madness. Times are hard.... people are broke... trust me... i get it. BUT THIS IS MADNESS
    sharkie likes this.
    RRLF: Almond breeze, gluten free products

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by babyluck View Post
    I would think she is not the only person who does this on a regular basis. It's not about needing some extra $$, it's about making some money without having to work.
    Unfortunately, I do agree with babyluck on this
    SFARAZ and sharkie like this.
    RRRRRLF $10 Pampers coupons and FPC Burnbrae Farms Nestlaid shell eggs!!!
    Come join me on Swagbucks & start earning PayPal and Amazon gift cards now! Please sign up using my referral link. Http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Crissy86

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    Geez what type of reason would you give when returning half a dozen of aspirin bottles???
    I bought all these to get rid of my headaches...but I changed my mind. I got rid of my husband and kids instead!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think that the store would also not be able to resell these either once they have been returned. I can appreciate the need for money but hope this person finds another way to earn some extra money.
    BC Gal and sharkie like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

thats crazy,
    i feel bad when returning an item that i used a coupon on because u still get the full value back.

where i work,
    if you dont have a receipt, we only issue store credit, and we take off 20% off the cost of the current selling price.

Theres two types of people who return without receipts.
    the people who legitimately lost their reciept
    and the people who steal and try and return without a receipt.

Usually its pretty easy to tell which is which,
    when I explain our policy,
    the person who legitimately lost their reciept usually gets upset, sometimes swearing, shouting etc.
    the person who stole usually has no issue at all about losing 20%

makes ya wonder.

we had this one lady who would purchase items using discounts and try to return them the next day without a receipt to get more credit back.
    she literally had dozens of store credit cards.
    one time she didnt realize that I was there and tryed to return the item she had bought from my till the day before with a store coupon.
    I said to her,'' oh know you lost your receipt AGAIN??? ''
    ''oh yea....''
    ''well since i know you used a store coupon on your purchase yesterday, this cashier will have to take off the FULL discount amount''

needless to say she wasnt very happy that I caught her.
    eventually she got banned from my store, and we started refusing to do returns for her.
    sharkie likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Man she should not be doing this! I am sorry she needs the extra money, but if you need more money get a second job??? Everyone does it? They don't go and get extra money by coupon fraud? Just because she might be going through a hard time does not give her an issue to act like that and actually break the law. I am sure all of us have had money issues in the past, but we don't go and do stupid things like this. I would actually send an email to Walmart head office and tell them her name etc and maybe the walmrt stores in the area she may go to. This has to stop, as she is breaking the law, and second, this messes certain things for everyone else.
    sharkie likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

some people have WAY too much time on their hands---I would think it would be way easier and more beneficial for her to just go get a job!!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I wonder if she is just "bragging". When I worked at Zellers customer service, all no receipt refunds required I D and their drivers license number went into a binder. More than 3 no receipt returns and you wouldn't get anymore. And this was years ago so the systems have likely improved. We checked records and recognized people. I doubt multiple Walmarts would let repeat offenders do this

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I know she isnt bragging 'cause the first time she did it i was w/her

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Sometimes I can't believe how lax WM's are with their return policies, very rarely do I need to take advantage of it and when I do they ask to look at some photo I.D. (not sure why since they haven't before written anything down)

There was one lady who would return stuff like this at WM and they eventually just refused to return her stuff anymore. They told her sorry, no returns without a receipt, so she spoke to the manager and they said the same thing. I asked if this was true after the lady had left and they told me no and told me all about her little schemes. I was shocked.

That being said, another WM (town over) will not return anything without a receipt unless its only one item. Once I needed to return two of the same items, could not for the life of me find the receipt and they said they could return the one but not the other (despite them being the exact same item) So i just went to my local WM.

I think rules need to be stricter to stop this kind of behaviour.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

How do people come up with things like this? Had I not read about this here, I never would have thought something like this was even possible. Actually I never would have thought about it at all as to me, its not right.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mellyskater View Post
    WOW thats incredible... i guess couponing has taken some ppl to new levels both negatively and positively.... Ive heard that happen a lot with SDM point redemptions too.

I only make it to the store once a week and RARELY findany tearpads or coupons any more other than those no one wants. Or they put them all back but tear out the coupon from the phamplet first (ie D'italiano)... these were ones i could of actually used since we buy these products at least 3 packs a week but never never cant find product coupons. However there seem to be a whole bunch available for trade (hmmmmm i can see having a couple extra) but i guess cant understand why some ppl have 10-20 to trade when prob know they wouldnt use them. Whereas i actually would of

Sorry thats my rant...

I don't think what you are saying about people trading 10 or 20 of something necessarily means they are taking a ton of extras for trades. I for example will only take 3 or 4 of a coupon, if it's something I use all the time, I might take 3 or 4 more, but I can sometimes end of with 30 or 40 of the same coupon. I have 5 dd's all grown and with their own families, and my dd's will bring me coupons they find, sometimes daily. I will trade them, or give them away in raok.

Making these types of statements, insinuating that people who trade lots of one coupon must have cleared a tear pad is not fair. I hope you can realize now, how some of us end up with multiple coupons.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think this is shady work. I have always realized it is a possiblity of people doing this... even with a receipt. I know stores often give a gift card for a refund in products that have had a coupon used. I had free ice cream from shoppers last year and when i got it home it had been melted and refrozen and i didn't want to chance taking another one... i let them know i purchased it with a coupon... they still gave me credit for the full value on a gift card. (for the record i lived 1 block away from shoppers and it was not my fault the ice cream was messed up... when i felt in the cooler i could feel others were in the same condition) They couldn't give me my coupon back... and i was not about to accept a sub standard product for something they were getting the money back on.... in these cases the only real solution is store credit... and unfortunatly it leaves it open for shady people to take advantage. At some point they will start keeping track and we will hear about it as a headline as couponer gets arrested for fraud. All things work out in time.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I agree with cheekysaver, people who do this are a bit on the shady side. If a person needs money, get a second job. If you have money to shop with coupons and then return the items, you have time to work in that store as a cashier or anything else a few hours a day. As the rules and wording get stricter and the stores make it harder and harder to use coupons, this is the last thing we need. I have a friend that is a CSM in WM in a smaller town, and she said that if you return an item without a receipt, your name gets ged in the system. So they do keep track of the names of the people who are doing this, but, whether or not they can do anything about it is a different story.I have a feeling it will only get worse as the new season of extreme coupons begins again. I was sort of hoping they would just drop that show from the line up. So buckle up and hang on.....if you were lucky enough to find any coupons at all, it will only become harder.
    sharkie likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

that is the lowest of stooping low in couponing I have heard of... and it will ruin it for the rest of us eventually.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information