User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I have to laugh at Metro

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I think it is funny, in a sad way, that Metro is the most coupon unfriendly store that I know of yet they are the best place, hands down, to actually find coupons. I can usually count on finding at least one newer coupon at Metro, although we seem to have a tear pad thief in the area so it comes down to luck whether I actually get any before they are gone. They seem to have lots of coupons so you would think that the cashiers would be prepared to accept them!
    I rarely shop there because it is expensive and I know I will have to go through a hassle but sometimes they do have a decent sale that can't be price matched elsewhere. I have used coupons at Metro maybe 6 times and I had problems 5 of those times. Either they were refused or a manager had to be called for clarification. They refused to accept my printed METRO issued coupon for the free chips the other day. They said they don't take photocopied coupons I printed it right from their facebook promo page. They don't seem to understand that a "websaver" coupon is from the manufacturer and just because it says "web" on it, it is not printed from the internet. None of the cashiers seem to get this because I have the same issue every time . Do you find that Metro is a good store to use coupons at or do you suffer the same issues?
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro, Websaver
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I find Metro to be very expensive. I have used only like 2 coupons there before. As I dont go there all the time. The last time the girl took my coupons no problem. But I have heard stories of people getting mad at Metro because they are not cupon friendly. I think they need to send out memos to their cashiers if they are doing something like that on their facebook page, so cashier don't think it is a fake or a photo copy. I think with Metro there is a lack of communication.

ellis123
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I use coupons there almost daily because that is the supermarket nearest to me (walking distance)
    The problem therefore must be related to the staff and management of the store

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i love metro. shop there all the time, with or without coupons. the staff are very coupon-friendly.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

It must be just my store then. I don't care for them at all
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I find the same thing with it has all the best coupons. My metro has one cashier that is very un-coupon friendly, but the truth is she is just unfriendly so I don't let it bother me. In fact she is starting to warm up to coupons now, its all about baby steps.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Count me in as another Metro fan. I have 2 favourite cashiers at my local onewho are very coupon friendly. The new batcgh of cashiers seem to be shaping up well, too.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well OP I have a love/hate feeling about Metro. I love when they actually have great incentives with AM Bonus points WYB 5 or WYB 2 of something, but I hate that the cost is way too high sometimes to consider going for that deal. ( Like I would not pay $5.00 for each box of cereal ever)
    So I tend to sit and wait and pounce only on the things that would be an actual deal.
    The AM are less of an incentive now though because of the increase to redeem for $20.00 food voucher.
    That being said, Metro is certainly trying harder now more than ever before IMO when it comes to displays, and SOME sale items. Coupons? I have never really encountered out and out refusal from Metro, but then my coupons are straightforward and the cashiers certainly read ( examine ) them before allowing them ( that is normal)
    pippinelkhound and ellis123 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

LOL, Me too. They are Expensive, I pop in there evry once & a while to check for coupons, or if there is a Special especially with Airmiles.
    GoJays likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Due to circumstances in my home I only shop at metro between 12-2 am and they are AWESOME with not just coupons but price adjusting in the event I am there when its technically friday but the tills have not changed over to read sale prices.

also if you follow the sales and buy there brands along with coupons and airmiles its not all.

ETA: for me becasue I also to taxi it both ways its cheaper for me to go there as its the closest and becasue the veggies tend to last way longer than anywhere else I am only shopping 2 times monthly verus weekly if i bought veggies elsewhere so I save that way too

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i can't stand metro, especially the spadina/bloor location
    aisles are crowded, the staff stinks and are rude
    never stocked with flyer items and poor produce.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate that metro is so expensive! But sometimes I just have to go there as they have everything, and sometimes especially with the fb promos for fpcs I just have to go to metro to get my stuff. There is no metro, close to me so im stuck walking for a bit to get to a bus stop that will take me there too But ive never had a issue redeeming my coupons, although i hate how they take sooo long , and put them thru at the end, instead of when the product goes through.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I have to give a hands up to the Metro in Cornwall On.I go quite often and they are the greatest with coupons.A few weeks ago i had $ 56.00 in coupons and got 110 airmiles ,they are very friendly.Here at home the only stores that give me a hard time with coupons is Jean Coutu and Uniprix .
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not coupon related, but once I went to Metro to buy a cake, about 10 minutes before the bakery was to close. The lights were off in the bakery (the store was open for another couple hours) and no one was around. I took a cake up to the front and asked if someone could write Happy Birthday and a name on it. The cashier called the bakery, no one answered. So she took me back there and said, "I'll give you all the stuff, and you can write on it yourself" she led my into the back area where the bakers work! I respectfully declined and went a purchased my cake elsewhere. If I wanted to do it myself, I would have! All I could do was laugh and shake my head.
    2011 Wins: TLC "Say Yes to the Dress" Season 3 box set, Bissell Pro-Heat 2X Upright with a years worth of formula....

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnlow30 View Post
    I think it is funny, in a sad way, that Metro is the most coupon unfriendly store that I know of yet they are the best place, hands down, to actually find coupons. I can usually count on finding at least one newer coupon at Metro, although we seem to have a tear pad thief in the area so it comes down to luck whether I actually get any before they are gone. They seem to have lots of coupons so you would think that the cashiers would be prepared to accept them!
    I rarely shop there because it is expensive and I know I will have to go through a hassle but sometimes they do have a decent sale that can't be price matched elsewhere. I have used coupons at Metro maybe 6 times and I had problems 5 of those times. Either they were refused or a manager had to be called for clarification. They refused to accept my printed METRO issued coupon for the free chips the other day. They said they don't take photocopied coupons I printed it right from their facebook promo page. They don't seem to understand that a "websaver" coupon is from the manufacturer and just because it says "web" on it, it is not printed from the internet. None of the cashiers seem to get this because I have the same issue every time . Do you find that Metro is a good store to use coupons at or do you suffer the same issues?
    Honestly imo Metro is better than most.stores. we live walking distance so I.go there a LOT for last minute stuff I.need and they always gladly accept.them without a fuss. Even when I use 30+ coupons like on the.Europe's best. I absolutely NEVER shop at FB they are idiots with coupons reading.each line.six times etc it is brutal and takes forever. Walmart is.where I do all my shopping they never give me a problem pm-ing and are closest next to metro and *cringe* fb lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information