User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got this in the mail today. I'm always weary of stuff being sent to me by the bank and stuff like this, so my first thought was to just cut up the card they sent and throw it all away. I am wondering if anyone has got this.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got one of these too - it's like a visa debit card for online purchases. I called the bank and they said yeah perfectly safe just don't give the number to anywhere that's not a secure site. the money comes right from your bank account.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If it's linked to your bank account, I would make sure this card has the same protections as a regular credit card. As far as I know, most credit cards have consumer protection in case of fraud. With a debit, you have to prove that it was not you who made the charge, and even then, it's a pain to get back your money. I have a regular Visa with a small limit that I use for my online purchases. My main one is linked with my husband's credit, but it's important to establish your own credit history too.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the replies you two.. I figure I don't have a use for it at this time so I chucked it in my drawer. Not going to activate it.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My son got one today. They are legit. It is on the RBC site and also on Visa's site. He likes the idea of it because he can now order online and not have to use my credit card and pay me back. He can use it at keurig.com for k cups and quite a few Canadian sites too.
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I was in the TD earlier this week setting up an account for my daughter, and we were told these were coming very soon to TD (before the end of the month) as well.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:38 PM.

Thread Information