User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Need advice about a small dog

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    OMG!! Sooooo cute! what interesting markings!
    yes, he is so darn cute.. i could just hugging to pieces.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awwww. So glad your happy. . .but just imagine how happy HE IS!!
    Lynn49 and Kalmel like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

awww puppy breath!!!!

I can smell it from here...lol.

he's a cutie!!!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Maze!
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well just got back from the vet...yep!...the vet. Harley started vomiting white stuff and kept vomiting everywhere. Was very lucky my vet knows me very well and was able to sqweeze a check-up at 4:00 pm. She tought it was some kind of disease (forgot the name) and Harley took a anal exam and turned out it wasnt that. Harley got a shot to stop the vomiting and prescribed some pills for 8 days. She thinks he probably ate something that was on the floor or grass.. who knows. Just know, i feel super crappy right now for not checking more what was on the floor.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh Kalmel, don't feel guilty. Boys will be boys! It's great that you could see your vet so soon. When my dog (who is NEVER sick) started throwing up in the middle of the night, my vet suggested trying to get him to swallow Pepto-Bismol to last him through the night. He wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with it! But he got better quickly with the meds he got from the vet. Good luck! Sending hugs to you and Harley!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thank-you! I'm so not used to a puppy..i do check several times during the day what might be on the floor but he's everywhere! I try to tell the kids to close the bathroom door or computer room but it's a hit/miss.. just today, i caught him chewing my computer wires..

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Oh no chewing wires is very dangerous! But I do remember those days - it is one year since we brought our little guy home and he was such a big chewer!
    I recommend reading the book Puppies for dummies learned allot!

When you catch him doing something he shouldn't do you say NO or AH AH! so he knows that he shouldn't be doing that? I say AH AH! to my dog, and he knows after the first AH...to step away haha If he continues to chew you can spray bitter apple - found at pet stores.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

cheaper then the bitter apple is hotsauce works like a charm ; ) Congrats on the puppy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we had a shepherd who has passed on and now have a small mixed dog and find it way easier to care for. that being said of course it all depends on the nature of the dog. our shepherd was really well trained but needed alot more exercise than our small dog, more food, more room...etc. heh heh. think about the vet bills too....i would luv to have a couple more dogs but for those darn vet bills.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Teething pup, everytime I caught my dog with something she wasn't supposed to have, I said no and gave her a toy to chew. She stopped pretty quickly but not quick enough to save my hubby's sandals lol
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    Teething pup, everytime I caught my dog with something she wasn't supposed to have, I said no and gave her a toy to chew. She stopped pretty quickly but not quick enough to save my hubby's sandals lol
    Did the same for my pup. She caught on pretty quick. Unfortunately on one occasion I left DH home by himself and he fell asleep on the couch leaving the puppy full reign of the house. He lost his playstation controllers and a section of baseboard. LOL
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Jenny was a chewer, too! Still is, actually! But we provide her with lots of chewy rawhide sticks, rolls, etc..she'll have nothing to do with a chewy toy, however...has to be food-related, lol...Just have some handy, and when you find him chewing something, say NOoooo or whatever, and distract him with chewy thing. We did that with Jenny and she stopped chewing almost immediately...now she has lots of pieces of chewy things hanging around for her enjoyment. I just toss the smaller pieces and replace them with a new one almost (some tend to last more than a day) each night when she's snuggled on my lap on our blanket.....

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thank-you for all your advices. I started reading online about taking care of a puppy..the do's and dont's..Harley's still alive so that's a good thing..lol!!! We just got back from camping and he was great! He did poop several times in the trailer..lol..hubby stepped in one and was dancing around on one foot and saying words that i wont repeat here..lol!!!! besides the little accidents, he was very sweet and the weekend was awsome!!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

We have always had big dogs and after we got our first small dog, we''ll never go back! I presently have 4 dogs, 1 of which is a Dachshund. Truffles is just in LOVE with DH and he with her. She always keeps things lively and us laughing. I trained her to use a Potty Patch as it was winter when we got her. It works like a dream and now at 2 she has outgrown it and holds it like a big girl. She missed one time and DH stepped in it and I expected to hear alot of cussing, but he just said "Oh, she tried!" Dachshunds shouldn't do jumping due to their long backs and possible long-term dibilitating injuries. Pet insurance is recommended. They are very adapt at winding into your heart and staying there. Enjoy your new fur baby and prepare to laugh yourself silly!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information