User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have ventured out on a couple more newbie excursions this week. I still to take a deep breath before I pull out the coupons cause I'm not sure of the policies. I'm definitely learning about cashier profiling and the best times to do store visits though -LOL.

I took my first coupon stroll last week, managed to pick up some really good ones. I feel a little strange though just wandering around pulling bits of paper off the shelves, so I usually end of buying something. Oh and even gained 1/2 a pound cause the something I buy is chocolate.

I then headed to Walmart and tried to buy glad plug in refills which were on for $6 with two glade air fresheners, unfortunately, you can't use coupons when there is a freebie included with the item. So there was Lesson One. But I headed to Shoppers and picked up some "free" soft lips so that made me feel better.

Today I hit paydirt!! First stop was RCSS and I hit the tuna hard!! I picked up 27 cans and my OOP was $2.97, used the WUB 3 manufacturers ($1.50) and their coupon ($1). I also bought an Ocean Spray $2.97 with a $1 off coupon. I didn't buy more because I wasn't sure DH would like it because I buy the less sugar version. Two Degree at $1.49 minus $.50 = .99 each. Franks Red Hot (large size) 2 for $6.98 minus $2.00 in coupons = $4.98. My OOP $16.88 which included $2.88 marg and $2.47 cereal. Off to LD to show a friend of mine how this works, she scooped up the soft lips and some jergens. Her OOP was $5 something and that was from GST and the two bottles of water. I wasn't quite as successfull. I picked up 4 boxes of Advil, price matched to RCSS, was gave the 4 $2 off coupons and then thought they would scan their coupon book but she said that they can't do that. So instead of paying $.99, I paid $2.99 instead. *sigh* but I keep telling myself it's still a good deal. Also wanted to price match some lower prices for previously paid items at LD but gave up after the first one. I had bought a soft lips previously and PM'd to Shoppers thinking I would get $1.49 credit but ended up totally confused with two confused tellers (at customer service) and so they just gave me a 3.49 credit and we called it a day.

I've very happy with my purchases and couldn't have done it with out all you SC'ers!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Walmart, Ocean Spray, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart

Awesome
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kirasdream View Post
    I then headed to Walmart and tried to buy glad plug in refills which were on for $6 with two glade air fresheners, unfortunately, you can't use coupons when there is a freebie included with the item. So there was Lesson One.
    Of course you can! If a product comes with a bonus, it's still being supplied to the retailer for the same price, and you pay the same price as if it came without the bonus.. It doesn't matter if it comes with a bonus, you can still apply a coupon to it. Just try a different cashier or ask to speak to a manager.

Great job though!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

ya, what she said!!

good job

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I wasn't quite as successfull. I picked up 4 boxes of Advil, price matched to RCSS, was gave the 4 $2 off coupons and then thought they would scan their coupon book but she said that they can't do that. So instead of paying $.99, I paid $2.99 instead.

I dont understand why, my store scans their coupon on the counter even if I didnt buy anything in the coupon book. which store did you go to ?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I went to the LD in South Edmonton Common. I'm still learning so much about this that I could dispute, plus she looked in some book on the counter... And for the Walmart one, it was the Customer Service Manager that said no. But maybe I'll try a different Walmart.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

great buys i cant stack here but i sure bought that advil for 6.75-2.50 cpn= $4.25 which is an awesome price

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    28 (94%)

I am wondering if the LD computer system was updated.....

I used 3 FPC for pepsi 2L hoping to get the fourth free.....but no, the computer system would no reconize that I did purchase 3 other 2L bottles.

However I dont think coupon book applies to PMing. On the recipt you can see that the new price is manually entered.

I will have more info on Friday with the Jengens lotion and free hand soap with purchase.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

awesome brag!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Coupon book is absolutely applied to PMs, I have done it with advil, head and shoulders, and special K, so unless something has changed since a week or so ago, you should still be good.

And you definitely can use a coupon on a product with a bonus. Just make sure the product you have a coupon for is the product on the shelf tag and not the bonus in the pack (like the H&S with razor, or the gillette bodywash with razor, some people got confused as to which one was the bonus and which was the item they were purchasing).

Great brag

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Great brag!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

Yay for your savings!!
    Boo on the Walmart!

Last week I used the $5 wub3 gillette coupon on a 3 pack deoderant, with bonus pro-glide razor. It was on a bottom shelf, clearanced for $5, so FREE! The razor alone is $12-$17. Present for my brother, he doesn'y have to know it was free lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Using coupons on items with the bonus depends on the London Drugs you go to. Despite the fact that the LDs I frequent are very generous with couponing, they sometimes will not accept coupons on those products. They interpret them as a gift pack....and I don't argue. I just get the item without the bonus in that case....

Quote Originally Posted by bigbertha View Post
    Coupon book is absolutely applied to PMs, I have done it with advil, head and shoulders, and special K, so unless something has changed since a week or so ago, you should still be good.

And you definitely can use a coupon on a product with a bonus. Just make sure the product you have a coupon for is the product on the shelf tag and not the bonus in the pack (like the H&S with razor, or the gillette bodywash with razor, some people got confused as to which one was the bonus and which was the item they were purchasing).

Great brag

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Excellent Brag!
    Could you find it in your heart to help out a single mother in need. Any donation would be forever appreciated. If you could share the page through the link that would be wonderful too! Thanks so much.
    http://www.gofundme.com/2nqsf8

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Using coupons on items with the bonus depends on the London Drugs you go to. Despite the fact that the LDs I frequent are very generous with couponing, they sometimes will not accept coupons on those products. They interpret them as a gift pack....and I don't argue. I just get the item without the bonus in that case....
    I meant in general, I may have read the OP wrong but I thought she was denied at Walmart, and they seem to be quite good with the item + bonus so long as they can verify which item is the bonus, and that you're not using a coupon for the bonus item.

I wouldn't argue either, always another place and another time to try to use it

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I was just at LD on Tues and pmed both advil and huggies which are both in their coupon book but when they scanned the book only the Jergens I had bought came off. The CS lady said the coupon book savings doesn't come off any more when you pm as it is based off LD's pricing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information