User Tag List

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, it was only a matter of a week or so. The information was updated online on our CRA account about 2 weeks before I received the letter in the mail telling us we were approved.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jgdmama View Post
    Yes, it was only a matter of a week or so. The information was updated online on our CRA account about 2 weeks before I received the letter in the mail telling us we were approved.

Thank you....I've seen that they are reassessing my taxes so hopefully after 8 months of waiting October I should get the dtc retro payment. I just keep checking the 'benefits' section on the website to see when they make the changes.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have yet to have our taxes re-assessed, have to do that shortly. If you log onto your CRA account, go under benefits, and click on statment of account and then program statement. That is where I found all the adjustments for the CDB, and the actual amount that was going to be deposited to my account and on what date. If I just click on the benefits and look, it still says "N/A" for September. Hope this helps!

dainty3, did you have to ask them to re-assess taxes, or did they do it automatically? If you had to ask, did you send them a letter or call them?
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have yet to have our taxes re-assessed, have to do that shortly. If you log onto your CRA account, go under benefits, and click on statment of account and then program statement. That is where I found all the adjustments for the CDB, and the actual amount that was going to be deposited to my account and on what date. If I just click on the benefits and look, it still says "N/A" for September. Hope this helps!

dainty3, did you have to ask them to re-assess taxes, or did they do it automatically? If you had to ask, did you send them a letter or call them?
    @jgdmama You have to mail or fax them a letter asking to adjust the taxes. Ask for a T1 adjustment regarding DTC and name the years you want reassessed. Make sure to include your SIN, DOB, address, etc. You can find the fax number for your tax center on the cra web site. Hope this helps. I faxed mine last week but I havent seen any updates in My Account yet, and not for my CDB either. I saw the approval online Aug 29th. I hope to see some updates soon, my tax office is Shawinigan.
    Last edited by OttawaLori; Mon, Sep 8th, 2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typo
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@jgdmama I guess because I have just been entitled they have not updated my benefits section as I don't see anything yet.... I sent a letter with the form as I was told to send everything in at one time to try to avoid even more delays.

Thanks for all the help...I'll just keep checking everyday.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dainty3 , thanks for the info about the form. I have to call them tomorrow and find out the quickest way to change the taxes. I've heard that if you have a CRA account and the CTB is online, that you can change them online. However, I want to double check and avoid any further delays.
    I hope you get to see your information soon!
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@OttawaLori , thanks!
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dainty3 , thanks for the info about the form. I have to call them tomorrow and find out the quickest way to change the taxes. I've heard that if you have a CRA account and the CTB is online, that you can change them online. However, I want to double check and avoid any further delays.
    I hope you get to see your information soon!
    @jgdmama good luck trying to get through lol. Oh I didn't know you could change them online....they give so much conflicting information. I agree double and triple check just to be safe....we don't need anything more to delay the process.

Thank you, I hope so too, I've been waiting forever so I hope next month is it!!! Maybe when I go home I might get the letter, I find when I check after 9:15 pm that's when I see updates.

We're almost there!!!!
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dainty3 , It's not too bad getting thru, we've had no problems at all. We call first thing in the morning. I guess where I live in NB and deal with the tax center in NL, it's probably not as busy.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dainty3 View Post
    @jgdmama good luck trying to get through lol. Oh I didn't know you could change them online....they give so much conflicting information. I agree double and triple check just to be safe....we don't need anything more to delay the process.

Thank you, I hope so too, I've been waiting forever so I hope next month is it!!! Maybe when I go home I might get the letter, I find when I check after 9:15 pm that's when I see updates.

We're almost there!!!!
    @jgdmama you can only change one year at a time online. I found that out the hard way when I get approved. I did the first year I was entitled to, then tried the next year (I'm able to go back 5 years) and that when I found out. I called cra and they then told me to fax the letter asking for the 4 years. Right now all i see is the one year as reassessment in progress. On another note, this is my second child approved for the DTC. My first child was almost a year ago exactly and the time frame for the reassessments were much fast then this time around for me.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dainty3 View Post

We're almost there!!!!
    @dainty3 do you mind if I ask what your tax office you have to deal with?
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@jgdmama you are lucky as I'm in ON and trying to get through is like pulling teeth, then if you do get through you get passed around so many times you forget what your initial call was about.

@OttawaLori , I am dealing with the Sudbury office
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaLori View Post
    you can only change one year at a time online. I found that out the hard way when I get approved. I did the first year I was entitled to, then tried the next year (I'm able to go back 5 years) and that when I found out. I called cra and they then told me to fax the letter asking for the 4 years. Right now all i see is the one year as reassessment in progress. On another note, this is my second child approved for the DTC. My first child was almost a year ago exactly and the time frame for the reassessments were much fast then this time around for me.
    this is is not true. We didn't even wait for the letter. The day my online account showed approved I went in and adjusted all 9 years of our taxes to include it at once. It says "make changes to another year" or something along those line and you can keep going for up to 10 years. Also if you do this online it only takes 2 weeks for them to have it deposited into your account. By far the fastest way to do it!
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You do however have to right a letter for readjusting the CDB for more than current and 2 previous years. We faxed our to them after calling to get the number for our tax center. Also if they have not processed it by the 5th you will not get it until the next child tax date. (The next month)
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezymamaof3 View Post
    this is is not true. We didn't even wait for the letter. The day my online account showed approved I went in and adjusted all 9 years of our taxes to include it at once. It says "make changes to another year" or something along those line and you can keep going for up to 10 years. Also if you do this online it only takes 2 weeks for them to have it deposited into your account. By far the fastest way to do it!
    How do you adjust it yourself? As I wrote to them to adjust the years my children are entitled to and I see that it say processing for one of my children but for only two years so I would like to know I they do it two years at a time.
    Also anyone with more than one child did they do all the children separate as they did one child first and then my other 2 were 'entitled ' a week after; so I'm winding if the adjustment I am seeing now is only for my one child then next week they will adjust from my other 2?
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information