User Tag List

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momtofive View Post
    Hi everyone , just wanted to give a quick update . It has now been four weeks for one and three weeks for the second applications from time they were received . I haven't heard anything from revenue canada in anyway so still hoping for acceptance from them. Quick question, I realized that on one of the applications I didn't put my sons SIN number ( he's now 15) will they reject it because of that ?
    Well thats all i have to share for now . Will update when I hear something
    From past experience with the government - in many cases they are not able to multitask. By this I mean that if information comes in from various areas - they can't process it.

Although it may be frustrating to you, I would let them process what they have. If they want/need the SIN - they will let you know. (I don't think that would be a reason for them to decline - just might delay their process a bit)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does your actual CCTB get readjusted after the taxes have been reassessed with the DTC? or do they calculate that off the income before the DTC has been applied? When we called to find out info for the tax reassessment form they said to make sure all the benefits are readjusted after the reassessment. But when I called last week they said nothing is going to change. So very confused after calling CRA twice getting different answers.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ds got denied severed ADHD and learning disabilities, he used to qualify up to he turned 12 so frustration, nothing has changed....may appeal but don't think it will get me anywhere. The questionnaires they send to the doctors is what got us disqualified, they sent me a copy of the blank questionnaire and my word things have really changed from previous years.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh Jas. thats not good. i'd def. appeal. maybe you'll get a new team or whatever. hope it goes through for you.
    jasperandchar and Momtofive like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am just wondering if anyone can give me some more information please. Today I received the letter saying my one application has been approved ( still waiting on second sons application ) . The letter says that we have to do the adjustments for prior years for taxes and child tax. I thought the last three years (if approved) was automatically adjusted but this doesn't say that so should I wait in case they are doing it ( which on my account its not showing they are ) or just go ahead and send in letters to both requesting the adjustments ? Anything anyone can share with me about this process would be greatly appreciated.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

jasperandchar , trying to PM you but it says exceeded your stored messages again lol
    jasperandchar likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just another quick update. Letter was faxed June 13th to child tax and was told that should be completed by Aug 20th if no issues. Adjustments to income tax was also completed June 13th. Today I see that it has been assigned a case number so I assume I will have to send in information of some sort. Any ideas on what that might be would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a great day all

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello Everyone,

A questionaire was sent to our family doctor in addition to our application. Could anyone explain what is in this questionaire? Thanks

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedasher View Post
    Hello Everyone,

A questionaire was sent to our family doctor in addition to our application. Could anyone explain what is in this questionaire? Thanks
    Oh the dreaded questionnaire, I highly suggest making an appointment with your doctor before he/she completes that, the questionnaire is not applicable to all persons/children with disabilities and this is how they deny applications.

Not meaning to offend anyone but the choices for the doctor are as follows in a nutshell:

1) person/child is perfectly fine

2) person/child experiences difficulties during periods of stress

3) person is - again trying not to offend anyone - totally disabled cannot do anything for themselves at all -

My son was denied because the questionnaire is a generic questionnaire not geared to the applicants conditions/disabilities, I now need to appeal as none of the choices on the questionnaire reflect my son's disability, it's a real pain, so book an appointment to go over the choices and be prepared to ask that the doctor attach a letter saying the choices are not applicable for the applicant.

good luck
    Bluedasher likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Oh the dreaded questionnaire, I highly suggest making an appointment with your doctor before he/she completes that, the questionnaire is not applicable to all persons/children with disabilities and this is how they deny applications.

Not meaning to offend anyone but the choices for the doctor are as follows in a nutshell:

1) person/child is perfectly fine

2) person/child experiences difficulties during periods of stress

3) person is - again trying not to offend anyone - totally disabled cannot do anything for themselves at all -

My son was denied because the questionnaire is a generic questionnaire not geared to the applicants conditions/disabilities, I now need to appeal as none of the choices on the questionnaire reflect my son's disability, it's a real pain, so book an appointment to go over the choices and be prepared to ask that the doctor attach a letter saying the choices are not applicable for the applicant.

good luck
    Thanks for your help, the only thing is CRA has mailed it to the doctor. I just happened to call CRA for an update and they said a questionaire has been sent to the doctor.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Everyone,
    I am just new to this thread, but have read each and every entry. My daughter has severe ADHD, and I just recently applied for the CDC. When I log into my CRA account, the message " We are processing your information for the disability tax credit."

How long does your account usually stay "processing" before something is done? Will I be receiving a letter during this time stating whether or not the application has been approved or denied? Not sure what to think of this and don't want to get my hopes up.

Anyone have any information?
    Last edited by jgdmama; Mon, Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi jgdmama, first you will receive a letter saying that they receive your DTC application etc., after couple months of mailing your application you can call CRA to follow up your application. I was told that they are just waiting for my doctor's response for the more inquiry they made after 2-3 week I received my determination/decision. Hope this will help you.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The first questionnaire that was sent to my family doctor was lost. I called CRA the lady stated they would send the questionnaire to me and I could bring it to me doctor but I received a letter yesterday from CRA that another questionnaire has been sent to the family doctor and if I want a copy to call my doctor.

I was really hoping to have the questionnaire mailed to me so I could review the questionnaire with the doctor at our next appointment. Anyone else experience this, I felt they probably sent it to the doctor to bypass me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by marie27 View Post
    Hi jgdmama, first you will receive a letter saying that they receive your DTC application etc., after couple months of mailing your application you can call CRA to follow up your application. I was told that they are just waiting for my doctor's response for the more inquiry they made after 2-3 week I received my determination/decision. Hope this will help you.
    Looks like were both waiting for the questionnaire to be completed by the doctor.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedasher View Post
    Looks like were both waiting for the questionnaire to be completed by the doctor.
    The questionnaire that they mail out is a generic questionnaire and for ADHD it falls under mental function for everyday life the questionnaire is really not applicable to ADHD and this is how they deny the claims, the doctors only have 3 options which are

1. child is fine
    2. does not function well under stress
    3. cannot do anything for themselves in anyway (not to offend anyone) so most doctor's choose option 2 which eliminates most applications.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information