User Tag List

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You just click on i think it is submit readjustment or adjust tax year... Something along those lines. Then you select the year, put in the line, I just searched for the first year, put in that years amount (also just searched online and found a blog updated with all the years) and then keep going until your date of approval. It will let you do no more than 10 years. Then it gives you a confirmation and says you will hear back withing 2 weeks. We did it I between a long weekend so added a few days and we had it in our account no problem.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezymamaof3 View Post
    You just click on i think it is submit readjustment or adjust tax year... Something along those lines. Then you select the year, put in the line, I just searched for the first year, put in that years amount (also just searched online and found a blog updated with all the years) and then keep going until your date of approval. It will let you do no more than 10 years. Then it gives you a confirmation and says you will hear back withing 2 weeks. We did it I between a long weekend so added a few days and we had it in our account no problem.
    Ok thanks for that I'll have to look into it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Breezymamaof3 , Thanks for clarifying this, as I had heard that you could adjust back 10 years online as long as you had applied and everything else was online. Do you know what line #'s you adjust and if it's under the Federal or Provincial section of the taxes?
    Also, you said something about writing a letter to have the CDB adjusted back more than 2 years, but I am assuming you can only go back as far as the date of the official diagnosis, correct?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezymamaof3 View Post
    this is is not true. We didn't even wait for the letter. The day my online account showed approved I went in and adjusted all 9 years of our taxes to include it at once. It says "make changes to another year" or something along those line and you can keep going for up to 10 years. Also if you do this online it only takes 2 weeks for them to have it deposited into your account. By far the fastest way to do it!

Thats awesome that you could do that, put money in you hands much faster. When I tried to to the second year this was the message I got:
    "Your previous request is still outstanding. We cannot accept another request until the previous request has been finalized and your Notice of Reassessment has been issued.
    If you need further assistance, please call our toll-free number at 1-800-959-8281 to reach one of our agents. Select View returns to see the progress of your request."

So I called and thats when the agent said just one year at a time. Perhaps it changed ? I did the reassessment for that one year the day I found out i was approved online as well.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaLori View Post
    Thats awesome that you could do that, put money in you hands much faster. When I tried to to the second year this was the message I got:
    "Your previous request is still outstanding. We cannot accept another request until the previous request has been finalized and your Notice of Reassessment has been issued.
    If you need further assistance, please call our toll-free number at 1-800-959-8281 to reach one of our agents. Select View Returns to see the progress of your request."

So I called and thats when the agent said just one year at a time. Perhaps it changed ? I did the reassessment for that one year the day I found out i was approved online as well.
    We just went through this last night too! The agent I spoke with yesterday said that I could make the adjustments for multiple years however she didn't say that you can only hit submit once. If I would have hit "Add another year" or whatever the button is beside "Submit" I could have done them all at the same time. Now I've got to wait the 2 weeks and try again. Ah well, at least it's faster than the 9 week time frame for mailed requests!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just another question, how long after you did the tax adjustment online were you able to see it done online when logging in to your CRA account?
    Also, does this really make a big difference as far as the amount you get back? Just wondering cause tax credits don't usually make that big of a difference.
    Last edited by jgdmama; Wed, Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:10 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jgdmama View Post
    Just another question, how long after you did the tax adjustment online were you able to see it done online when logging in to your CRA account?
    Also, does this really make a big difference as far as the amount you get back? Just wondering cause tax credits don't usually make that big of a difference.
    It really depend on your income. Last year i was approved for my older child, was able to go back the full ten years and got back a huge amount in taxes, more then the CDB.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@breezymamaof3 ,
    Do you know what line #'s you have to adjust and what amount you would put in each line? I am having a terrible time trying to find that information and I don't want to do it incorrectly.
    Any information you could pass along would be greatly appreciated

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know if the ctb shows the original amount (before the approval and increase) and in the statement of account shows the adjusted amount credits as of September 19th if I'll be receiving the adjusted credit amount on Sept 19th or it will come for next month? The cra site can be so confusing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dainty3, My account specifically stated that it would be going in the bank on Sept. 19th, but the credits were all calculated on Aug. 27th. I would have to guess that you won't see the Deposit until October.
    Last edited by jgdmama; Thu, Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:18 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dainty3, My account specifically stated that it would be going in the bank on Sept. 19th, but the credits were all calculated on Aug. 27th. I would have to guess that you won't see the Deposit until October.
    Ok thank you @jgdmama as mine were calculated on the 9th but the statment of account says account balance as of September 19th cr ... they need to be clearer

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been following this board with great interest, you have all been such a wonderful support without even knowing it The application (along with a request letter to adjust our taxes) for my son was mailed june 26, I received the letter from the CRA about the delay on Aug. 18. The same day as our psychologist received the questionnaire. She mailed it out on the 20th. Sept 5 my account online stated eligible 2004-2014,... processing... On the 8th the cctb was for the next year was showing the increased benefit with two years retro credit as of Sept 19 (i think to be deposited in october) Today my account is showing the past ten years taxes as being reassessed. I just wanted to share my timeline. I also have a question about the retro cctb before the past two years, will that automatically be done when the taxes are reassessed? That is the one thing i can not seem to find in my account. Thank you to everyone, and good luck in your journeys

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@breezymamaof3 ,
    Do you know what line #'s you have to adjust and what amount you would put in each line? I am having a terrible time trying to find that information and I don't want to do it incorrectly.
    Any information you could pass along would be greatly appreciated

not sure if you have already found this information
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4tsomething beat me too. Sorry for the delay, been away for a few days

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes you can only go back as far as the date of diagnosis. Ours was 9 years back so we have to write them and request the rest of the years be readjusted
    Last edited by Breezymamaof3; Sat, Sep 13th, 2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: For jgdmama

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information