User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Best and Worst of Pregnancy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

carrie, no you aren't the only one, lol - I just conveniently 'forgot' to mention them! There are SO many things which change!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

These are great!!

Best- the glow I had, the feeling of DS moving for the first time (I was in the bathtub reading), the amazing knockers I got, drug-free birth (not what I wanted, but damn proud I did it with out)!!

Worst-being sent home from the hospital 3 times b/c I wasn't fully dialated (silly me for living a couple of blocks away from the hospital), my DH confessing he wasn't feeling well and had to be admitted to the ER for a testicle infection (he took sympathy pain waaaayyy to far), DH missing birth by 5 mins, my lady bits were shredded from my dear baby and then i got a lovely infection from it.

Would I do it again...eventually...it is such a wonderful experience!
    Good Luck with your pregnancy!!
    mdutka, Natalka and glowworm2k like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carriez14 View Post
    Best - feeling the baby move during the night

Worst - HEMMROIDS! uugh...didn't see this written, am I the only one that got them lol

Nope definitely NOT alone, got them and 5 yrs later they have never really gone away. Also forgot to mention restless legs for the last 2 months, every minute of every day!
    mdutka and Natalka like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SDiddy View Post
    Best

• Finding out we were pregnant again after trying for so long
    • Movements – DH feeling baby move for the first time
    • Stork parking
    • Off the hook for kittly litter changing duties for 9 months.

Worst

• Dealing with the stress of a high-risk pregnancy – constant worrying is exhausting
    • Back pain
    • Frequent bathroom trips
    • Insomnia
    • Leg cramps
    • Swelling – yup, I’ve got some cankles going on
    • Trying to find maternity clothes in a city that does not cater to pregnant women
    • Outrageous hormones – I can’t wait until the “real” me comes back and I know DH is impatiently waiting for her as well
    • Being physically limited and giving up my independence, I’m having a hard time being dependant on others to do things for me (except for kitty litter )
    • Where is this “magical pregnancy glow” people often speak of? There. Is. No. Glow. Sorry, but that’s just my body overheating.
    • Everyone becoming an expert OB
    • Everyone thinks its completely ok to constantly comment ony our appearance, weight gain, clothing, what your eating, etc. Sorry there co-irker, but when you tell me every single morning that I look like I’m “ready to pop”, that doesn’t really set me up for a real “feel-good”day now why don’t you go off and play with the paper shredder
    • Random people sharing horrible birth experiences
    • People constantly wanting to debate on subjects such as Boob vs. bottle, cloth diapers vs. disposables, working moms vs. SAHM’s . Mind your business people and do what works for you and rest assured, I will do what’s best for me. For now, I want to focus on growing a healthy baby.
    • Please don't touch me
    • Being overly sensitive…apparently

Urggg...only 65 days left to go!

Disclaimer:
    I realize my list of worst clearly outweighs my list of best ;however, this does not mean that I am not greatful and don’t want this baby more than ANYTHING in this world. I know there are many women who would give up everything to be in my position, I’m just saying pregnancy has been pretty rough on me and if there was a magic pill to shorten the gestation period by half, I’d be all over that!
    everything she just said, lol.

the constant fondling of my belly by strangers and unsolicited advice drove me nuts. not to mention every single person i interacted with had to say "are ya sure theres only 1 in there??" like seriously shut up, i know im the size of a house. i am 5'2 and both babies were over 10 pounds at birth so ya, big bellies.

but seeing that little flutter of the heartbeat on the ultrasounds for the first time, even now i get choked up thinking about it. i never wanted kids, and when i found out i was preggers with baby #1 i was devastated. but when i saw that heart beating and i realized i had a whole nother human being growing inside me, completely reliant on me for everything, wow! pregnancy really is a miracle.

i had an anaphalaxis (spelling so bad) from the spinal with the first and had to be knocked out and tubed, i actually thought i was dying. but holding that little peanut made it sooo worth it. i had my tubes tied with baby 2 but if i found out i was pregnant again by some fluke i think i would actually be happy.
    Natalka and glowworm2k like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amil798 View Post
    Best: When baby moves and makes those waves in your tummy

Worst: Being pregnant in summer. It's really tough with so this hot and humid temperature. Heartburn and sleepless nights are not fun either.

I've had an October baby and a January baby. Both were hard, Spending the whole summer very pregnant vs worrying about slipping on ice/snow not a good choice.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

This week, I'm enjoying watching DH getting excited. I felt the baby move for the first time (It's a bit early, but I'm rather thin, so the doc wasn't surprised) this past week and that got DH really, really excited (although I had to repeatedly explain to him that just 'cause I can feel it now doesn't mean he can! )

The worst lately was a week-long head cold that I made it through without anything more than 2 benadryl tablets (for nights when I couldn't sleep at all otherwise) and lemon juice mixed in water. I am thankful to be feeling a bit better, but I am learning that the exhaustion hasn't - and might not - go away. I also have the over-nosy relatives to contend with (imagine, if you will, having your father's third wife - who you're not overly fond of - repeatedly ask you about constipation on the phone!!)

I am sure looking forward to a lot of the other things here that you've all mentioned here, primarily those in the "best" column As for the stuff in the worst column, I'm hoping for post-pregnancy amnesia! (Okay, I am actually kinda dreading the hemorrhoids.....)
    Natalka and KK7 like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Best thing.... Is during an ultra sound my daughter stuck out her tongue just made us all laugh

Worst.....Having PreClampsia(sp)

I do have to say I was a lucky one and didn't get hemorrhoids ; )
    Natalka and SavenRaven like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

glowworm, glad things are going okay for you - it's really so exciting when movement happens, and later when you can really feel the kicking, etc. My husband was relentless then, playing with the baby - poking and prodding, seeing how he responded. Worst was when he would do it as I was trying to fall asleep, and he'd keep the baby moving when I wanted to sleep!

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

my son is due on Friday and I want him out! This to me is the worst part the waiting and sleepless nights while you still have a chance at a full night sleep for a while
    Natalka, SavenRaven and Venuila like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

mellyskater - wow, so close! Hoping you can keep comfy til baby decides to make an appearance!

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Yeah, I have to agree that the waiting game sucks the big one. I still have 3 more weeks and so far the last month SUCKS! I've been feeling pretty miserable lately and this weather sure isn't helping. So, another worst on my list: the last month! lol.
    SavenRaven likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Of course the best is feeling the baby move and the hearing the heartbeat.
    I also got ESP:
    Very early in my pregnancy I had a dream I was in labour and it wasn't going well. They told me I had to be sliced open. I totally freaked and they had to completely knock me out.
    I come out of it, look down at my belly and there were huge zig-zag stitches with thick blue yarn!
    Crazy!

The worst: nearly 5 years later, when we're playing around, wrestling, whatever... it still hurts when my son leans or pushes into my scar.
    SavenRaven likes this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

BEST is Finally getting to meet the little bundle after 9 long months and forgetting all about every single WORST because suddenly it wasn't that bad.
    Natalka, KK7, Zia_Stephie and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

best so far: having a nice pump, hearing heartbeats, excitement..etc
    worst so far: morning and evening sickness, heartburn, and not sleeping very well cos i'm a back sleeper and now i have to adjust to being a side sleeper

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

The Best: Not having to worry if my tops hid my belly....I wanted it to show!! The bigger the better!
    Feeling the kicks, my husbands look the first time he felt a real kick through my shirt!

The Worst: The first four months, the nauseau, the throwing up....the last month when it was so hot and I was so big, the sore hips.
    glowworm2k likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information