User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Not liking Walmarts new coupon policy

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Our local Walmart is processing coupons differently. The cashiers have been instructed to process coupons as the item is scanned through the register. I am usually on the ball with my coupons...able to present them ASAP. But this new way of doing it takes WAY longer. I find that people behind me get annoyed. I am going to start telling people who line up behind me that I have coupons, in case they want to change lanes. It took me about 25 minutes to cash out today...and I only had about 10 coupons.

And does FPC really need to be processed separately???? It actually works out to my benefit, as I don't have to pay tax on the product this way (before it was hit or miss about the tax on FPC...seemed to be different with each cashier)....but it takes so much more time. I actually think I would rather pay the few cents and save the time. Geesh.

Oh...on the plus side...I got Thinsations for $0.50 per box (sale $2 with $1.50 coupon), and a free protein bar and free Olay cleanser. Yeah! Makes the extra time worth it.

Thanks for listening.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart, Olay
    Last edited by breylormom; Wed, Jun 13th, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

It's easier for the cashier to enter the FPC+tax, if processed separately (otherwise, they have to calculate the tax and add it to the pretax amount and then deduct the total as a "vendor coupon".) It does benefit you otherwise, they won't deduct the tax.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Am I missing something here? With an exception of SDM I always give my coupons to the cashier as she is ringing my purchases because she then knows I actually bought the item and does not have to hunt through my bag or the till tape.

I always put my FPC's through first as that why the cashier knows the correct amount of tax to remove as there is no tax on FPC's.
    Last edited by macw1960; Thu, Jun 14th, 2012 at 07:42 AM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I always ask them what they prefer or is their policy. Whatever way suits me. If it takes more time, I am still saving money in the end, so no big problem.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Guess my point was....I am feeling bad for the people behind me in line having to wait so long. It leaves them with a bad feeling towards couponers in general.
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I usually ask the cashier when she would like the coupons. I'd say 50% want it with the items and 50% at the end, but if I have a lot of coupons, they usually want the coupon at the time the item is being wrung through so they can make sure it is the correct size, type, etc.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by breylormom View Post
    Guess my point was....I am feeling bad for the people behind me in line having to wait so long. It leaves them with a bad feeling towards couponers in general.
    Theres not much you can do. You are couponing the right way and just following WM's policy. Some customers might be annoyed but just ignore it! In 10 minutes you wont ever see them again.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    Theres not much you can do. You are couponing the right way and just following WM's policy. Some customers might be annoyed but just ignore it! In 10 minutes you wont ever see them again.
    True. I also had my coupons out ahead of time and visable...this way they know I will be using coupons and can make a decision to stay in my line or move. Guess I should just chill. LOL. However, my husband refuses to help me shop now if I am using more than a few coupons. He hates how people look at us when we use coupons.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Am I missing something here? With an exception of SDM I always give my coupons to the cashier as she is ringing my purchases because she then knows I actually bought the item and does not have to hunt through my bag or the till tape.

I always put my FPC's through first as that why the cashier knows the correct amount of tax to remove as there is no tax on FPC's.
    Waddayamean ? There is no tax on FPCs ? Unless it's non-taxable food products or Zellers following their coupon policy.... I've always paid tax on FPCs

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Waddayamean ? There is no tax on FPCs ? Unless it's non-taxable food products or Zellers following their coupon policy.... I've always paid tax on FPCs
    I don't know the official tax law...but when we shop at the border in the USA and come home, we only pay tax on the amount we paid...so if I use coupons, I pay tax AFTER coupon, which would include free product. It has been this way every time (we do a fair amount of cross border shopping). When Walmart processes my FPC separately now, I don't pay tax. This has happened on 3 shopping trips recently.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I have always laid my coupons right on top, or beside each item as I put it up on the belt. I find it faster so the cashier can quickly check that I am purchasing the correct item. I always find a quiet spot in the store just before checking out so I can gather only the coupons I will be using into a pile. I try to put up all my regular priced items first then I have a couple minutes to organize my coupon and price match items while the cashier is ringing in the other things
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I wouldn't worry about what what other people think as it is your money that is being saved. Letting them know that you might be longer than anticipated is a good idea but I have found a really good cashier in Walmart who will close her till down until I am done so it makes everything run smoothly.
    Good deal though on your Thinsations, protein bar and Olay.
    robin1234s likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

True. I also had my coupons out ahead of time and visable...this way they know I will be using coupons and can make a decision to stay in my line or move. Guess I should just chill. LOL. However, my husband refuses to help me shop now if I am using more than a few coupons. He hates how people look at us when we use coupons.
    i hate the look too! LOL thats funny your hubby wont come in with you! figures its the woman of the house that is the one to suffer through the bad experience...lol....most men would just walk off and not want to make a scene of any kind!

yay for us ladies who will save money for our families even IF we get bad looks!!!
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

In the 12 weeks or so, since I have been avidly price-matching and couponing, I have a system for checking out that every cashier loves.

I always put the items that need price-matching and coupons first, along with the flyer and coupons for those items.
    ( Easy to cross compare to see if everything is correct )
    Next is price-matching only, items along with the correct flyer.
    After that comes coupon only items along with the correct coupons
    At the end comes the straight purchase items ( almost always on sale, with the store flyer)

I also have a detailed shopping list with the regular price and sale/price matched price - coupon value
    This makes identifying SCOP or errors easier.
    macw1960 and Judyhill like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnlow30 View Post
    I have always laid my coupons right on top, or beside each item as I put it up on the belt. I find it faster so the cashier can quickly check that I am purchasing the correct item. I always find a quiet spot in the store just before checking out so I can gather only the coupons I will be using into a pile. I try to put up all my regular priced items first then I have a couple minutes to organize my coupon and price match items while the cashier is ringing in the other things
    That's what I do too.
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information