User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Not liking Walmarts new coupon policy

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by breylormom View Post
    Guess my point was....I am feeling bad for the people behind me in line having to wait so long. It leaves them with a bad feeling towards couponers in general.
    I'm like you and always worry about the people behind me. I try and let them know - I think it's the courteous thing to do. Some people don't care what others think but I do. Some people will be grumpy no matter what. If you're kind enough to let them know you may take extra time, you've done your part - if they're still miserable there's nothing you can do. Know you're saving money and get on with your day.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    213 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    In the 12 weeks or so, since I have been avidly price-matching and couponing, I have a system for checking out that every cashier loves.

I always put the items that need price-matching and coupons first, along with the flyer and coupons for those items.
    ( Easy to cross compare to see if everything is correct )
    Next is price-matching only, items along with the correct flyer.
    After that comes coupon only items along with the correct coupons
    At the end comes the straight purchase items ( almost always on sale, with the store flyer)

I also have a detailed shopping list with the regular price and sale/price matched price - coupon value
    This makes identifying SCOP or errors easier.
    This is how I have done it since day one and yes it does take longer but the cashier knows exactly what coupon is for what and this usually makes it easier for them. I have had a couple of cashiers who thank me for the coupons and then throw them to the side and enter them as one big bunch after though. I try to shop early in the morning and make my coupons visible to thers lining up. There is not much else I can do. I am not about to stop using coupons just to appease people though.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    In the 12 weeks or so, since I have been avidly price-matching and couponing, I have a system for checking out that every cashier loves.

I always put the items that need price-matching and coupons first, along with the flyer and coupons for those items.
    ( Easy to cross compare to see if everything is correct )
    Next is price-matching only, items along with the correct flyer.
    After that comes coupon only items along with the correct coupons
    At the end comes the straight purchase items ( almost always on sale, with the store flyer)

I also have a detailed shopping list with the regular price and sale/price matched price - coupon value
    This makes identifying SCOP or errors easier.

Prepared ahead of time. That is the way I am too.
    jasperandchar likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

great job....too bad about the processing time...I always put my coupons on the products that I have coupons for I find it easier to ensure that everything is the way it should be same with price matching, I always have my flyer on top the the products that I price match.....you'll develop a system you can work with in time....goodluck & congrats!
    GoddessDigi, macw1960 and sharkie like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

PS I always tell the people before they start unloading that this is going to take a while....
    macw1960 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Honestly, forgive me if I sound rude here, but I really don't care what the people behind me think. I need to save as much money as possible and to heck with them. I am a customer just as anyone and, if it takes me a bit more time to check out, so? What about the lady who questioned her bill at WM because she thought, and I quote: "I only bought things that cost $2 or $3, how could it be $150 total?" Duh! Lady when you buy 50 of those things, they tend to add up!

Anyway, I disgress. I have learned to ignore those people behind me and focus on the cash's screen so that I know everything is being processed as planned.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

It doesn't matter what store I'm at, I always tell the person(s) behind me that they may want to pick another line as I will be using a lot of coupons. Most of them thank me and move to another cashier....occasionally someone says they want to watch!!!
    macw1960, Scorp411 and greencanuck like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    It doesn't matter what store I'm at, I always tell the person(s) behind me that they may want to pick another line as I will be using a lot of coupons. Most of them thank me and move to another cashier....occasionally someone says they want to watch!!!
    I say the same thing.

I get about 70% of customers behind me at the register do move to another register.
    Another 15% stay, but huff and make passive-aggressive negative comments.
    Another 15% stay because they are patient or are curious to see how much I can save and if they can learn anything. Those people get several really nice verbal comments and thank you's from me , plus coupons and tips on saving money (if they want them).
    Last edited by greencanuck; Fri, Jun 15th, 2012 at 01:36 AM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by breylormom View Post
    True. I also had my coupons out ahead of time and visable...this way they know I will be using coupons and can make a decision to stay in my line or move. Guess I should just chill. LOL. However, my husband refuses to help me shop now if I am using more than a few coupons. He hates how people look at us when we use coupons.
    My husband did the same when I started to couponin, give him time, my DH now is happy when we can get a good deals and discounts in our shopping trips.

He dislikes and hate when the cashier says "one per purchase", but now he says "you have ready the coupons?" and requests for those coupons that the cashier could refuse and he pay one part and I a second part . All is a process In a life.
    walkonby and Scorp411 like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I do not see how it takes longer...no matter if we show them first or last

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

I had a horrible experience last week at Wal Mart - in the past I have always put my FPC's on the belt with those products so they don't have to go back and find them on the list and then apply the FPC, and then handed the coupons at the end of the transaction and never had any problems, so I did the same this trip. My reason for waiting til the end is because other times I did put them on the belt with the items they get sucked into the abyss where the belt meets the scanner.
    When handing her my coupons she made made a huge sigh and grunt, then made me take EVERYTHING out of the bags so she could re-examine it, read EVERY coupon no less than 3 times, scolded me several times that this is the way they have always done it and I should have known better. On the third time reading and checking coupon to product name, size, description she then took a red pen and circled the expiry date, upc and item sizes.
    During this time a long line had formed, and people were getting cranky and making comments - I wanted to know her name so I could call HO and let them know about the embassment and treatment I was receiving for using coupons and being made to feel like a thief with her comments, actions etc. but her name tag on her lanyard was turned around backwards - so I asked her to turn it around so I could write it down and boy did HER face then turn red.... things seemed to move quickly after that.
    I do understand they are just doing their job, but why make it miserable for everyone?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I do not see how it takes longer...no matter if we show them first or last
    Before they would just scan all the items, then input the coupons afterwards. They wouldn't match coupons with products or sizes, they would only check the expiry date. Now they stop and check EVERYTHING to make sure it is correct; size, amount, product, etc. It takes triple the time. I totally understand why they are doing it....some people are dishonest....but it does take much longer to do it this way.
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    I had a horrible experience last week at Wal Mart - in the past I have always put my FPC's on the belt with those products so they don't have to go back and find them on the list and then apply the FPC, and then handed the coupons at the end of the transaction and never had any problems, so I did the same this trip. My reason for waiting til the end is because other times I did put them on the belt with the items they get sucked into the abyss where the belt meets the scanner.
    When handing her my coupons she made made a huge sigh and grunt, then made me take EVERYTHING out of the bags so she could re-examine it, read EVERY coupon no less than 3 times, scolded me several times that this is the way they have always done it and I should have known better. On the third time reading and checking coupon to product name, size, description she then took a red pen and circled the expiry date, upc and item sizes.
    During this time a long line had formed, and people were getting cranky and making comments - I wanted to know her name so I could call HO and let them know about the embassment and treatment I was receiving for using coupons and being made to feel like a thief with her comments, actions etc. but her name tag on her lanyard was turned around backwards - so I asked her to turn it around so I could write it down and boy did HER face then turn red.... things seemed to move quickly after that.
    I do understand they are just doing their job, but why make it miserable for everyone?

Oh My! I know how you feel. Sounds almost exactly what had happened to me at Walmart about a week and a half ago. And the one who did it was the customer service manager. I have not been back there since. I was so close to tears it was not funny. I am scared to death she might be there and do it again. She is the same one that took me aside and explained about being able to use the cz and man. They changed it back to just one coupon again and that is all I was doing that day. I bought 10 boxes Zantac and 4 Herbal Essance. She was going to make me put the zantac back because it showed 24 and 30's on the box. I pointed out the "any" and she said we will let it go this time but we wont take them any more. I need those things daily.

That had to have been my worst experience yet. I decided I will go back and if she is anything even close to that again, I will report her. I almost get sick just remembering it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I put my coupons with each item on the belt. Organized. I always put the purchases without coupons at the end so they have something to look forward to. I try to keep the numbers low....I have found 3's to be the magic number of product to buy at one time and I try to stick to that. The cashiers are usually good with 3's and everyone's happy....they start to think bad thoughts about how you are ripping off their company somehow with large multiple's of product...we all know it not true...they get their money, but they all think bad thoughts. I work for a large retailer and have asked the cashier's their opinions....they think customer's are greedy with large amounts of items...and we have done nothing to earn these coupons so why should we get these kind of deals. They also think we are ripping off the manufacturer and multiples are not the intent of the manufacturer. Believe me .....I don't want alot of feedback on what i'm saying.....I'm saying that this is the geniune responses I have gotten in the lunch room talking to the cashiers honestly. And everyone thinks i'm nuts to coupon at work. I have had negative responses from people about my couponing, just random remarks because I am in the room. even after giving baskets to raffle off, giving personal gifts because they were young parents, bringing bags of product in for their christmas drives, etc. I feel just because I coupon that it is none of their concern. it's not like I mention it to them. they just know I do it, and they figure that's enough for them to say sarcastic and mean things. So I grow tough skin, suck it up .....and know in the future who I would help in a zombie attack, just sayin'.
    Judyhill likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information