User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aoffman

Thread: Gateway Meat Market

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been hearing good things about Gateway Meat Market for awhile now, but today was my first time there, and I found it great. Although I went there to buy meat, I ended up with all kinds of stuff, great prices and seems very fresh. Couldn't get over that fresh salmon is $1.97/lb. Definitely worth the trip, (I'm in Halifax).
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I go there once a month and stock up, its worth the drive from Clayton park (and bedford if I bring my carless friend). While you're in that area, don't forget to stop by Dave's Produce, the prices there are unreal as well. And of course, the Ben's outlet right next to it.

Weenie Mom
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

It will be a good place to go when the temps shoot up. It's frickin freezing in there. Really though who can beat the $.19/lb bananas I got there a couple of weeks ago. They always have some wicked price on produce, I haven't tried the meats yet. But I have noticed that you do have to keep a sharp eye on expiry dates.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by delliel View Post
    It will be a good place to go when the temps shoot up. It's frickin freezing in there. Really though who can beat the $.19/lb bananas I got there a couple of weeks ago. They always have some wicked price on produce, I haven't tried the meats yet. But I have noticed that you do have to keep a sharp eye on expiry dates.
    I work at Gateway!
    As far as the temp in the store, it will always be that cold, even in summer when the air conditioning is on, the store is mostly fridges and freezers and is small which is why it is so cold lol. You just have to remember to bring a sweater
    We dont put expiry dates on the meat, the date on them is the "packaged on " date There is a guide on the meat cooler as to how long different types of meat can be kept in the fridge and freezer. After a few days, items that dont sell go in the "reduced meat" Freezer, beside the ice

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Jen! I love the Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce you guys sell. I tried it out in the crockpot with some chicken I bought at the same time. OMG, melt in your mouth goodness. <3 Gateway. It has totally changed the way I shop.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Gateway will email you their latest flyer, go to their website and sign up, BUT the specials dont last long especially in the produce Dept

Thread Information