User Tag List

Page 17 of 239 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast
Like Tree4017Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Oh one of those amazing days for Libertarians like me! Yahoo!!!

Associated Press retracts bogus North Pole lake photo <<- Santa was not available for comment
    http://rare.us/story/associated-pres...le-lake-photo/

NOAA: Antarctic Sea Ice Hits 'Record High'...

Do you think climate change is a hoax is that why you are posting this?

They don't refer to it anymore as "global warming" because it's not necessarily a warming trend but severe shifts in the global climate. Much of it is severe weather now also not just rising sea levels, melting glaciers, reduction in pack ice etc.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post

They don't refer to it anymore as "global warming" because it's not necessarily a warming trend but severe shifts in the global climate. Much of it is severe weather now also not just rising sea levels, melting glaciers, reduction in pack ice etc.
    I'm trying to ask in a non-partisan way, Patty, but why do you think climate change is bad?:

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I guess this means the transition from 'Global Warming' to 'Climate Change' is now complete? Does that mean all those fear stories, models and doomsday things from 1988 - 2008 are no longer applicable? <<<---- that is what I Am getting at.

Yes, I think global cooling (1974 - 1988) global warming (1988 - 2008) and now climate change are all hoaxes, except as natural occurring events.

DaveP likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I'm trying to ask in a non-partisan way, Patty, but why do you think climate change is bad?:
    Actually I believe it is a natural occurrence which has between accelerated by human presence.

The main reason I think it's a bad thing is of course the inevitable loss of life. Storms, rising sea levels which will change the face of coastal cities etc. I live on an island, lol.

I certainly won't be around to see the next ice age but that is also inevitable. It will happen just sooner due to our interference with the natural balance.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I guess this means the transition from 'Global Warming' to 'Climate Change' is now complete? Does that mean all those fear stories, models and doomsday things from 1988 - 2008 are no longer applicable? <<<---- that is what I Am getting at.

Yes, I think global cooling (1974 - 1988) global warming (1988 - 2008) and now climate change are all hoaxes, except as natural occurring events.
    Yes. Climate has been changing since the world formed. warm, less warm, cool, hot!, icey, warm, cool...

To think we're causing something to change that has always been changing...?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Yes. Climate has been changing since the world formed. warm, less warm, cool, hot!, icey, warm, cool...

To think we're causing something to change that has always been changing...?
    I do take pollution and the environment seriously, but global warming/climate change is a hoax being pushed by the wealthy political privileged people, not out of concern for the planet, rather to enrich themselves and expand there power.

Iit is no surprise, that the 'cure' for global warming, just happens to accomplish both goals, but by there own admission, does not actually solve the problem.
    Natalka and DaveP like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Personally...I'm gonna beam down to the Amazon jungles and kill that butterfly*

* one of my fave short sci-fi stories..I first read it back in 1977/8 in a collection of shorts called " Golden Apples of the Sun".

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Weather patterns change dramatically over time but the argument is that human presence has interfered and accelerated it. This is not a hoax. 6 billion people on the planet doing whatever the heck they want will have a damaging effect. There is no denying that.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

6 billion people on the planet doing whatever the heck they want will have a damaging effect. There is no denying that.
    On the other hand, handing over 6 billion people to an authoritative government will have an even more damaging effect, there is no denying that. Never been an authoritative government that was not a horror show.

The best solutions come from places like MIT, U of T etc, whom WILL replace most pollutants that come from engines, electrical etc within 25 years. Windmills and Solar Panels are not part of the options actually. Things we cannot comprehend right now will. Kind of like 2 years ago, we could not comprehend the gloriousness of a 3D printer.
    DaveP likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

On the other hand, handing over 6 billion people to an authoritative government will have an even more damaging effect, there is no denying that. Never been an authoritative government that was not a horror show.

The best solutions come from places like MIT, U of T etc, whom WILL replace most pollutants that come from engines, electrical etc within 25 years. Windmills and Solar Panels are not part of the options actually. Things we cannot comprehend right now will. Kind of like 2 years ago, we could not comprehend the gloriousness of a 3D printer.

Sorry , I know you are american but that is so typical that you think the states will be the leader in this when you know that you have fallen behind in all aspects of science. North america is not the solution to the future. They are the main problem.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Anyhoo I am over this convo, it's another left versus right argument that I don't wish to pursue.
    Darth Penguin and vesper like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

and I give you this, with that I bid you all a goodnight

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...lobal-warming/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyhoo I am over this convo, it's another left versus right argument that I don't wish to pursue.
    I did not know it was a right vs left, but if it is, that's fine, I understand. I am always happy to respect others opinions, and I hope your opinion is that I am right <<--- I can dream right?

And I will leave this:

Climate Change Myths

Just because humans sometimes damage the environment doesn't mean government is competent to fix the problem.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/08/0...e-change-myths

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It is? How did that happen?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I did not know it was a right vs left, but if it is, that's fine, I understand. I am always happy to respect others opinions, and I hope your opinion is that I am right <<--- I can dream right?

And I will leave this:

Climate Change Myths

Just because humans sometimes damage the environment doesn't mean government is competent to fix the problem.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/08/0...e-change-myths
    You are right!! You can dream!!! We will agree to disagree on this one.

You are right on one point, government will never fix this problem because it is not in the lobbyist interests.

eta - The article you posted only refers to hurricanes.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Wed, Aug 14th, 2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: eta

Page 17 of 239 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread Information