User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Never rented a place...Need Landlord help please!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:27 AM.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    When you order cheques now they have all sorts of newer security features, and it seems since they started with the new regulations, no bank offers the instant print cheques anymore.

Years ago my bank printed a bunch of cheques with my account number for someone else. Cheques I didn't write started coming out of my account and I flipped. So I can vouch for the fact that those instant print cheques are a security risk!!!

Awesome to hear this is just a first time landlord and first time tenant trying to figure things out for the first time. You'll feel much better after you are all moved in. I hope you have an easy move, and enjoy your new home!

ouch that would suck to have some other random person writing cheques against your account! My cheques came with a little note saying to check the account numbers to verify they were for the correct account before using or something to that effect.

Hoping the move goes well...I just hate living so far away trying to move to a different area because it's hard to do things over the phone especially since I hate talking on the phone to begin with. I like doing things in person so hopefully when our lease is up if we either all decide to choose another place together or find separate places it goes better being able to do it all in person.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Were you able to move in?
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Were you able to move in?
    My roommate moved in last week and I am officially moving tomorrow because I had to book the moving elevators for my bed and such and they were booked solid all weekend and today because of the holiday. That's a whole other complaint though LOL! I forgot that it was the moving weekend for a lot of people and they only allow two people a day to book and move, so completely insane. Yay for apartment living...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Hi, if you have your name on the lease then you can call a locksmith to let you in. You must provide a key to the landlord. Make a photocopy of the locksmith's receipt, and deduct the amount form next month's rent.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I hope you have the landlord readjust the lease so that your rent will be due on the first of each month, since thats the date that you actually were abke to get in. Otherwise, they have been paid for a weeks rent when you were not allowed in.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information