• 7 Post By mrsf1sh
  • 1 Post By Chantel
  • 1 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By Slaney
  • 1 Post By hollyquaiscer

Thread: Not sure what to think about our local coupon group

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I know we have shelf clearers & coupon abusers in Moose Jaw. They have made it obvious. I've also seen alot of coupons posted in stores that they're not accepting because they're fake, I've been told by Co-op they got too many fake ones that they stopped accepting printables & are even getting wary of the save.ca & websaver ones now.
    Yesterday one of them cleared the shelves at Pharmasave of Hershey drops yet has anyone even got thier drops coupons yet? & Oral B, Do they have new coupons I don't know about? And don't all the bounty paper towel coupons say excludes single rolls? And non of them seemed to realize skintamate is a better deal at Walmart right now. What real couponer doesn't realize that?
    Then last night someone posted that they'd been up all night printing coupons or something like that. From where? smart source & livingwell are the 2 main printable sites. Usually the facebook printables are limited & there hasn't been a whole lot lately. & When I asked this person doesn't reply.
    And they had a meeting Saturday not to swap coupons but to "plan thier shopping" yet didn't post it so everyone in thier group could go. They all just text each other about it.
    And non of them are on any coupon sites like this one yet they were asking my husband all about how much I coupon & what sites I'm on. He told them I coupon alot & that was when they told him I need to join thier group so they can "teach me". I've been doing this long enough I am the teacher
    And a couple of them were also posting to collect donations for one of my friends brother's funeral yet no one ever posted about the fundraiser suppers. Thier group just seems fishy to me
    This thread is currently associated with: Co-op, Pharmasave, Save.ca Coupons, Smart Source, Walmart, Websaver
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Drops coupons are printable.

There are a lot of abusers everywhere now it seems. Photocopying the 2-print smartsource.ca coupons with pins and trading them has apparently become the new thing.

It's sad. Shelf clearing and abuse is running rampant.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I thought they were part of the mail only ones? Geeze I should have printed mine...
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OMG There's actually a dicussion going now where they're telling people to missuse coupons! My suspicions were right. I want no part of this....
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    OMG There's actually a dicussion going now where they're telling people to missuse coupons! My suspicions were right. I want no part of this....
    They'll ruin it for everyone yet.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post

take the higher and more moral ground.That's all you can do.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:17 AM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Yeah I'm not going to be part of thier group. I told them thier miss use of coupons was going to ruin it for everyone. The only reason I haven't left thier facebook group is because I want to keep an eye on them. Luckily I've never had a problem couponing here. I've had a few little hiccups in Regina where I do most of my big shops cuz the have Super WM's but cashiers here don't seem to mind my coupons & usually get exited about my coupons only if I only have 3 lol
    hollyquaiscer and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Also I jumped right in & started to make my presence known on thier groups wall. Like when that lady was talking about the printed coupons I was asking how she found a bunch of new printables & same with people asking questions or posting about deals they find. I either question it or post where the best deal can be found. I'm going to make sure they know I know.
    hollyquaiscer and DaveP like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Drops coupons are printable.

There are a lot of abusers everywhere now it seems. Photocopying the 2-print smartsource.ca coupons with pins and trading them has apparently become the new thing.

It's sad. Shelf clearing and abuse is running rampant.

people photocopying these could get themselves into some trouble....Do they not realize that the barcode on those limited printables are ip traceable? When you download the different coupon printers there is a part of the installer that is on your hard drive....even if you uninstall, it will be there. The sole purpose is to cut down on fraud. When the huge amount of the same coupon gets sent in for redemption the company that issues these can start investigation of fraud....leading right back to the person who checked the box that said the understood the terms and conditions of the program without reading the fine print.....karma

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Absolutely true Mrsf1sh. But what if, potentially, I traded a legitimate print to Jane, and Jane photocopied it a hundred times and traded them away? MY ip code on there. That would majorly suck. I did nothing wrong in that case, but because of Jane, I could get slapped with fraud! I would make it a solid rule not to trade limited-print printables, just so your hands are always clean and if anything goes wrong, you're not involved.

On another note, I love how a lot of known coupon abusers will jump on others for doing something wrong. Drives me crazy, especially when I've watched them abuse the system.
    Slaney likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

That's probbaly why alot of people aren't trading printables. I know I wouldn't give or recieve printables.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your local coupon group is apparently full of crooks.You're right to keep an eye on them.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I think I'm gonna call Pharmasave too when they have thier next coupon day & tell them they need to check coupons more closely
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It's very sad that people have stooped to this level. I'm greatful that you are keeping an eye on this situation and will be telling the stores about the frauds these people are doing. I wish more people would step up to the plate like you are. All to often, people are affraid to say something when something seems out of place or a blatten misuse of coupons because they're affraid someone might get offended. I have seem any changes over the years, most for the worse, and until we all step up to the plate, it will only get worse.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Tue, Jul 3rd, 2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    lecale likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Thread Information