3. money-saving 100 shopping list

http://www.justpeace.org/shopping.htm#Bare
    Bones Empty Wallet
    I think I would die!! I can't eat even 1/4 of the lists

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I think I would die!! I can't eat even 1/4 of the lists
    This is meant for regular budgeting, but also for disaster preparation...if something happens in your town or city, it is usually widescale, and immediate help or even timely help may not be available, so it is wise to have on hand many of these items, just in case, and a freezer stocked with jugs of drinking water.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    This is meant for regular budgeting, but also for disaster preparation...if something happens in your town or city, it is usually widescale, and immediate help or even timely help may not be available, so it is wise to have on hand many of these items, just in case, and a freezer stocked with jugs of drinking water.
    Really?? Does anyone do this?? I guess I would die...I am allergic to 90% of the list

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Abby, i am with you on this one. I am also allergic to many of those things and many others i just would not eat....
    I have my emergency food...huge bag of rice, canned fish, canned tomatoes and beans, lots of water, oats and huge containers of protein powder and many other things.
    guess it just depends on what you can eat and what you can afford.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itchy54 View Post
    Abby, i am with you on this one. I am also allergic to many of those things and many others i just would not eat....
    I have my emergency food...huge bag of rice, canned fish, canned tomatoes and beans, lots of water, oats and huge containers of protein powder and many other things.
    guess it just depends on what you can eat and what you can afford.
    Thanks itchy....I thought I was alone

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Sorry I haven't been vocal the past few months, but tracking my spending was almost driving me crazy.

I have however paid off my Mastercard Debt!!! YAY!!! Including the 1000$ I dropped on it late last month for a TESOL course. I'm learning to cut the cord. I really just don't want to use it, or leave it in my wallet as a crutch. I've always left it in there, for 'just in case', just in case what? an emergency? or a "superamazingcan'tpassupthissale" emergency.

I've decided the course of action is to keep setting aside money for savings, I need to open up an RRSP (need to decide on which bank, any tips?) to save for that, and to focus on living and experiencing things instead of owning material items!

I redid my blog, it'll be more of an existential crisis outlet for me, and where I can update about my upcoming travels (Moving to South Korea in Sept).

I hope everyone's having a wonderful July :D
    Valiant, ssbean, lucy16076 and 1 others like this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

*YAY* about no more MC debt and *OH WOW* about South Korea! I hear it's incredibly beautiful there. And the food! I would gain 300 lbs!! Sooo good! Keep in touch on your blog!

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    I have however paid off my Mastercard Debt!!! YAY!!!

I've decided the course of action is to keep setting aside money for savings, I need to open up an RRSP (need to decide on which bank, any tips?) to save for that, and to focus on living and experiencing things instead of owning material items!

I redid my blog, it'll be more of an existential crisis outlet for me, and where I can update about my upcoming travels (Moving to South Korea in Sept).

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Sorry I haven't been vocal the past few months, but tracking my spending was almost driving me crazy.

I have however paid off my Mastercard Debt!!! YAY!!! Including the 1000$ I dropped on it late last month for a TESOL course. I'm learning to cut the cord. I really just don't want to use it, or leave it in my wallet as a crutch. I've always left it in there, for 'just in case', just in case what? an emergency? or a "superamazingcan'tpassupthissale" emergency.

I hope everyone's having a wonderful July :D
    Definetly try a bank with NO fees, like ING direct or PC financial for your RRSP's & every day banking. All banking done online, but reps always available on the phone for assistance. I'm with both & have never had any issues
    Good luck!
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    79 (94%)

Wow some of you did great!! This month was great for us!

Over paid my phone bill last month so that was free this month!!
    $14 for internet
    $80ish for hubby's bday party
    maybe around $250 in groceries?? we did just move and needed essentials, so not to bad in my mind!
    no idea what we spend in cash, about $30 a week

we only make aroud $800 a month after rent, so we're trying to keep things tight!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy16076 View Post
    Definetly try a bank with NO fees, like ING direct or PC financial for your RRSP's & every day banking. All banking done online, but reps always available on the phone for assistance. I'm with both & have never had any issues
    Good luck!
    I already bank with ING and PC I was leaning towards ING for my RSP, but I'm not sure! Decisions!
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Haven't been able to update for awhile due to illness, son's illness and housing renos. Lots of trouble and chaos right now.
    Will update my July budget asap, and am now starting the thread for August Budget.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Updated first post with final tally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information