User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By wolfwoman

Thread: Maxi Rant

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I wanted to use the FPC for Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner and FPC Febreze Expressions spray since it was tax free day. It was packed and I was waiting at the self checkout. The PA system was announcing every minute or so that debit/credit were not working and it's cash only. Waited for a while and I would be next at cash. The man further away from me was trying every friggin CC he had and waiting waiting, take it out, put in another CC, waiting waiting, etc. He's been doing this for a while because I told the cashier that he doesn't know credit does not work. Cashier told me he does know.

Then this guy at cash closest to me were buying lots of fruits and vegetables and there were no sticker code on it. If you know how the till works, you select the fruit or vegetable you want, and then you select quantity and it should put in correct price. He had to ask cashier for every single fruit/vegetable code, and then he punches it wrong and of course got the wrong price. Then he complains that that is not the right price. Cashier has to cancel that item and then she had to tell him the code again. Also, he thought he could use CC too. After a while, he had to void all his groceries because he only had $6 something on him.

All I can say is, AARRRGGGHHH!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Maxi

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

When I was there, some credit cards were actually working. We didn't know which ones until we got to the till.

That being said, I wonder why he didn't just go to the cash machine?

The guy behind me in the store had to wait around 10 minutes while my dad stood in line behind 6 people waiting to use the PC atm. Thankfully he was very patient and didn't mind. There was nothing anyone could do about it anyways (except leave and shop somewhere else).

I've stopped going through self checkout. It's so much simpler to just have the cashier ring me through.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

There is an ATM machine? Can you take out money from TD or Royal?

The code guy had a bag of limes with a code and then asked me read it to him because he didn't have his glasses.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Sat, Jun 30th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Just want to say, since you can only pay cash when debit/credit is down, there were lots of carts with no owners with abandoned meat and frozen stuff. Don't know when these items will be put back in their proper place since it's so busy and in hot weather, I wouldn't buy perishable items there for a few weeks. Since it's Maxi, going to avoid Provigo and Loblaws too because they are under the same umbrella. Wasn't No Frills in Ontario affected last week? Did this happen across Canada?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    There is an ATM machine? Can you take out money from TD or Royal?

The code guy had a bag of limes with a code and then asked me read it to him because he didn't have his glasses.
    I guess maybe not all RCSS have the PC ATM? At the one we were at, it was located in the PC Financial section located behind the registers, near their wine section. It must work like a regular ATM, because my dad is with Royal. Of course you have to pay the ATM fee. Bet they made a truck load of money in fees that day

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    Wasn't No Frills in Ontario affected last week? Did this happen across Canada?
    Yep. We went to No Frills that day (we were in Southern Ontario) and their debit was down too. My dad was sad because he had to use his birthday money to pay for the groceries.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

At my Maxi, they had a lady stand outside telling customers as they entered that the debit system was down and that they would have to pay with cash or cc. A lot of people got very upset with her and the cashiers inside due to the long checkout lines. I personally don't go through the self-checkout any longer. When I started using coupons, it is faster to go through the cashier.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

We dont have the shelf-checkout at Drummondville...must be for big cities?

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

How this system work?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Sorry, LMAO! I though this rant was about Maxi pads!!
    Cocottee00 and tearlessnights like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Sorry, LMAO! I though this rant was about Maxi pads!!

Thread Information