• 1 Post By lindsbeth112984
  • 1 Post By jessep13
  • 1 Post By mamaofmany

Thread: Cineplex Theatres

Newb
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi,

Have you been to a Cineplex Theatre lately? I was at one today and I ordered a popcorn/drink combo, after the movie I went back to the concession stand to get a refill and the clerk told me that they don't offer refills on popcorn or drinks! I couldn't believe it, so I googled for it and numerous people have been having many of the same experiences, responses from Cineplex have included things like health and safety concerns and cost of business. I also e-mailed Cineplex and received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Cineplex Entertainment.

Cineplex is committed to providing the highest quality of products at our theatre locations. We constantly review our policies to ensure that we are fulfilling our promise, providing an exceptional entertainment experience. We understand that you may have received a refill during your past visits, however, recently, we have revisited our policy regarding refills and it is a business decision to no longer offer a refill on our large popcorn and large drink. We do offer other value-added programs such as earning SCENE Points for purchasing a combo, and receiving a 10% discount on the total concession purchase when your SCENE Card is presented.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and please be assured that we will forward your comments about the refill policy, to the appropriate department for their review and consideration.

It seems that they are more concerned about not satisfying their customers (even if only a handful of customers request the refill). Really, it only costs no more than a quarter to refill a large drink!!! At least AMC still offers the refills, I'll be visiting them more often!

Thanks for reading my rant!

Adam ^_^
    This thread is currently associated with: Cineplex & Scene Rewards
    lucy16076 likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

AMC has been bought out by Cineplex and Empire Theater...so pretty soon you won't be getting free refills anywhere unfortunately.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

They should have signs posted for people who order large pops because they know they can chug them & get another one...like my husband. But I usually just buy myself a large now so he can drink that one too
    As for the popcorn, who can finish a whole bag of popcorn! What usually happens is people go with all thier friends & take bags to dump the popcorn into then go back out for thier refill.
    I have no choice all we have in MJ & Regina are Cineplex (Galaxy) theaters but I don't mind because a movie in Moose Jaw is only $6. When I lived in Saskatoon they were $12
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just eat and drink just before you go the movie then you won't be hungry at the theatre.Then they don't get any of your money except for paying for admission.I think that's the best thing don't give them money if they aren't going to give out free refills.If you get a survey on your ticket receipt survey online fill it out and let them know your not happy and won't be buying any more stuff from the concession until there is free refills again.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Jul 3rd, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
    GoddessDigi and lucy16076 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I always sneak in 5c candies
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

We have Empire Theaters here. We have two theaters in my city. One was just totally just renovated & they don't have refills. Was told neither of the two would offer refills, however I went two weeks ago to the other theater & they gave me refills, so dunno. I usually bring my own treats anyways. Or I splurge & get Pretzelmaker pretzel bites..
    lucy16076 likes this.
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i always bring my own snacks. that way i save money and i can control what i eat, as the movie theatres never have a healthy option.
    lucy16076 likes this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

know what else I do. I ask for my extra butter in a cup on the side. And I always get looked at like I'm an idiot. I'm not the one who can't figure out where the middle of the bag is

Newb
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A movie for $6, wow!!! That's amazing, I wouldn't mind that either

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    They should have signs posted for people who order large pops because they know they can chug them & get another one...like my husband. But I usually just buy myself a large now so he can drink that one too
    As for the popcorn, who can finish a whole bag of popcorn! What usually happens is people go with all thier friends & take bags to dump the popcorn into then go back out for thier refill.
    I have no choice all we have in MJ & Regina are Cineplex (Galaxy) theaters but I don't mind because a movie in Moose Jaw is only $6. When I lived in Saskatoon they were $12

Newb
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Those are great ideas Slaney and jessep13, I'll definitely be bringing a large bag with snacks in it, the price for one pop is $5.38 - outrageous on its own! That is so true about the butter too, they never get anywhere near the middle, lol!

@lindsbeth112984, I went to an Empire last month in St. Catharines and they offered a refill too, the times are changing and we have to make a choice, even if it's something as small as choosing different theatres or bringing our own snacks.

@veevee, I had no idea they'd been bought out...good to know!

@Poirot, I'll tell them what I think for sure...hopefully this new practice will show a decline in their concession stand sales...

Thanks for the discussion everyone!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Yeah it's so cheap yet I still know people who refuse to go unless it's Tuesday! I don't even know what the Tuesday thing is now but for awhile it was $5.99 for the movie & for 1c more you got a large drink & large popcorn.
    We can only go Sunday if I'm off work early or Mondays. 2 admissions, 2 large pops & a regular popcorn cost about $30. we take our own candy & chocolate. We don't go often so I really can't complain

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never buy pop and popcorn at Cineplex except for buying Coke in the bottle once in a while and buying french fries if they are actually cooking them which is rarely.Cineplex Galaxy Cinemas in Red Deer has popcorn heat lamps sure not buying that popcorn.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Jul 4th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've seen (and reported EW gross) kids and grownups taking used cups and bags out of the trash and/or off the floor for "free" refills. Maybe this is why its $563 to see a movie and have a treat now!
    Lord Im crusty lol, going to bed :D
    daynabas likes this.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

Going out to a movie is definetly not a "bargain" night out .... in my town we have one Cineplex theatre older than God & it costs $14/adult to get in & another $17 for 1 large popcorn & 2 large pops! CRAZY!
    I haven't been to a movie at the theatre in months since most movies are on Netflix or the TV shortly thereafter. When I did go to the show, I brought in my bigger purse with pop & some Dollarama goodies to munch on. I don't buy popcorn anymore for 2 reasons....the cost & THE CALORIES! Remind yourself that a large bag of popcorn puts 1200 calories & ABOUT 60 GRAMS of saturated fat (the bad kind)into your system! And this is without the added extra pumps of butter! OUCH! Add pop & candy & voila! Your night out has costed you more than dollars!
    PS...that's just grose that people would drink out of cups thrown into the garbage! ICK!
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Thread Information