User Tag List

Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Like Tree1963Likes

Thread: In Memorium

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Gene Cernan, last man to walk on the moon dies aged 82

Former astronaut Gene Cernan, a Navy pilot and veteran of NASA’s pioneering Gemini program who was the second American to walk in space and then flew to the moon twice as an Apollo astronaut, died Monday after a long illness. Cernan, 82, was the last human to leave his bootprints on the moon’s dusty surface.
    NASA announced Cernan’s death on its web page, saying the former astronaut died “surrounded by his family.”

An eloquent and passionate advocate of space exploration long after he retired from NASA, Cernan was a familiar face on television news programs. He was an oft-quoted authority in print and a respected witness in countless Capitol Hill hearings where he frequently testified before committees considering NASA’s budget and other space issues.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO and dededi like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

RIP Miguel Ferrer
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee, I didn't know him by name, but know him from his work; RIP

(Miguel Ferrer, 61) appeared in shows including “NCIS: Los Angeles” and “Crossing Jordan,” and films such as “RoboCop” and “Iron Man 3,” died on Thursday of throat cancer. He was 61.

Ferrer was the son of top 1950s singer Rosemary Clooney and actor Jose Ferrer, and first cousin to George Clooney. He appeared on “NCIS: Los Angeles” for seven seasons.

- other roles

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/migu...es-1201964233/
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mary Tyler Moore has died age 80
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Such sad news.....MTM was one of my faves.....RIP dear Mary

(CNN)Actress Mary Tyler Moore, whose eponymous 1970s series helped usher in a new era for women on television, died Wednesday at the age of 80, her longtime representative Mara Buxbaum said.

"Today beloved icon Mary Tyler Moore passed away at the age of 80 in the company of friends and her loving husband of over 33 years, Dr. S. Robert Levine," she said. "A groundbreaking actress, producer, and passionate advocate for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Mary will be remembered as a fearless visionary who turned the world on with her smile."
    "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" debuted in 1970 and starred the actress as Mary Richards, a single 30-something career woman at a Minneapolis TV station. The series was hailed by feminists and fans alike as the first modern woman's sitcom.
    But that wasn't the role which catapulted her into stardom.

Moore first found fame playing Laura Petrie, the wife on the "The Dick Van Dyke Show," which ran for five seasons beginning in 1961.
    Last edited by redhdlois; Wed, Jan 25th, 2017 at 03:00 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Ophrah said she never missed the show when she was younger. Oprah played the theme song on her tv show
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Jan 25th, 2017 at 05:49 PM.
    Newfiescreech and redhdlois like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

RIP, Mare. Loved her in both the Dick Van Dyke Show, and MTM.

Newfiescreech and redhdlois like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I may have to do some 'binge watching' I have the complete MTM show series as well as S.1 & 2 of Dick Van Dyke....
    not to mention Rhoda's complete series. I love my old sitcoms Nothing compares IMO

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Mike Connors, who took a punch as well as anyone while playing the good-guy private detective on the long-running Saturday night action series Mannix for CBS, has died. He was 91.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Used to love watching Mannix! RIP.

Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Perry Mason actress Barbara Hale dies at 94

Barbara Hale, the Emmy-winning actress who played the loyal legal secretary Della Street on the long-running TV series Perry Mason, died Thursday at her home in Sherman Oaks, California. She was 94.

Starring opposite Raymond Burr’s dogged defense attorney, Hale appeared all nine seasons of Perry Mason, which aired from 1957 to 1966 on CBS. She won her Emmy in 1959.
    Two decades after the show concluded, Hale and Burr both reprised their roles for more than two dozen Perry Mason TV movies on NBC.

Hale worked as a contract player for RKO and Columbia early in her show business career. Before landing Perry Mason, she appeared in films including Higher and Higher (with Frank Sinatra), West of the Pecos (with Robert Mitchum), The Clay Pigeon (with her husband, Bill Williams), and A Lion Is In the Streets (with James Cagney).

Her later screen credits included Airport, The Giant Spider Invasion, and Big Wednesday

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/27/barbara-...tress-dies-94/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

John Hurt, Oscar-Nominated Star of 'The Elephant Man,' Dies at 77

The British actor of stage and screen also received an Academy Award nom for 'Midnight Express' and was memorable in 'Alien,' three Harry Potter films and 'Doctor Who.'

The two-time Oscar nominee's six-decade career also included turns on the BBC’s Doctor Who and in A Man for All Seasons (1966), Midnight Express (1978) and three Harry Potter films.
    The Elephant Man received eight Academy Award nominations, including one for Hurt as best actor, but went home empty on Oscar night. (Hurt lost out to Robert De Niro as boxer Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull.)

Hurt also garnered an Oscar best supporting actor nomination and a Golden Globe win in 1979 for Midnight Express, in which he portrayed a heroin addict in a Turkish prison. The Alan Parker drama was based on the true story of Billy Hayes (played by Brad Davis), an American college student caught smuggling drugs.

Hurt brought his peculiarly powerful persona to the role of Mr. Ollivander in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001) and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) and Part 2 (2011).

many, many more credits:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ant-man-809521

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Elephant Man John Hurt dies aged 77

Sir John Hurt, the two-time Oscar nominated star of the Elephant Man, has died, aged 77 after a battling with cancer.
    The Derbyshire-born star has been an enigmatic and much-beloved presence on the screen for more than six decades.
    The Harry Potter actor had recently battled pancreatic cancer but, in October 2015 was given the all clear.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Personally I am not a Jazz person, but I have a friend who will miss this performer.

Al Jarreau, Singer Who Spanned Jazz, Pop and R&B Worlds, Dies at 76

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/12/a...t-76.html?_r=0

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

with his Grammy in 2007

babies teach us acceptance

Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Thread Information