• 1 Post By Slaney

Thread: Can someone please explain what is a HV/Rare coupon

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

I understand that HV = High Value
    But what makes a coupon high~value?!?

Looking thru FT/RRLF
    what makes a coupon RARE ?!?

Keep in mind i'm still learning the Lingo...
    and online etiquette
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

HV is high value, which seems to be anything over $2. HV & FPC (free product coupons) are always in high demand which makes trading hard.
    Rare coupons are everything in Saskatchewan lol. I don't know what someone in Ontario would call a rare coupon. Maybe mail out coupons from companies or the Nexxus & Zantac ones that people take whole tear pads of
    <3 My $aving$ <3 likes this.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Thanks !

I was just curious as I browsed thru trades seeing HV this RARE that... ;p
    FPC's are near impossible to come by it seems unless you are are getting it directly from a promo as in Kellogg's SYB or something
    My last few coupon crawls (as I call it) I've barely found much of anything I use
    All i come across is mostly empty tears pads

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

FPC's are actually more common than you might think. Alot of companies do facebook giveaways, I check the coupon section here at least once a day just so I don't miss any because they're always limited & hard to get.
    Oasis juice often has FPC's in fruit snacks & cereal, Old El Paso & Hamburger helper also have ssome good FPC's.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I too have wondered what makes a coupon high value or rare. I think a certain amount of that depends on who you are, what is valuable to you, where the coupon came from and how easy it is to get your hands on it. Would somebody call the $5 contact lens solution coupon that came in one of the inserts last month high value? Not me, but I would probably feel differently if I wore contacts.

Last week I saw some $3 Zantac coupons still on the tear pad and left them there. But I know that some people would have been overjoyed to find it (so I left it for those that would need the product). But I did a happy dance when I found one lonely $0.75 WUB2 Christie crackers coupon on a tear pad last weekend. We go through soooooo many crackers in our house, and Triscuits and Ritz in particular.
    Last edited by super807; Mon, Jul 9th, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
    elayjosh and Slaney like this.

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

I'm new to online couponing.
    So far soo good tho!
    FB has some wicked offers IF you can get in on them!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I consider the "rare" coupons to be the ones I get from companies when I've emailed them or written to them directly about something...and I'm not talking about Johnson and Johnson ones which you can get from calling in every month....or from the ones that are hanging on every store shelf across the country. I'm talking the "$5 off any Playtex product" coupon that I got once when I wrote to them praising the virtues of their product. (LOL)...or the FPC's I got from Old El Paso when I complained about a box of taco shells I bought that were smashed to smithereens and utterly inedible.

FPC's...can be hard to come by, yes...but DO send out for your Chapman's $5 off FPC (you can get one every year!) and keep your eyes peeled (like others said) for FPC's from facebook giveaways. I've gotten quite a few that way too. Every once in a blue moon (we're talking rarely), I find an FPC in a store...but honestly, the last time I found one was 2 years ago for Cavendish french fries. FPC's don't tend to "lay around" for long.

Keep in mind too that summer is a notoriously "dry" period for coupons. Don't know why that is, but it is. Things will heat up again in the fall and there'll be more around again.

OH...and I almost forgot...whenever you log into SC, be certain to scroll down the "blog" section as your first order of business before you do anything else. You will discover that whenever a super good coupon or deal is to be had, it gets posted in the blog section.
    Last edited by ninna; Mon, Jul 9th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post

Keep in mind too that summer is a notoriously "dry" period for coupons. Don't know why that is, but it is. Things will heat up again in the fall and there'll be more around again.
    I didn't realize that summers were "dry" times. Learned something new today!! thanks!

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

I've got a lil coupon network if you will btwn friends I fork over the baby/beauty coupns they fork over the grocery/household coupons
    If somethings on at Costco (since i never renewed last year) i get a text telling me whats on sale and what might i want
    They have babies (MY babies are turning 19/11 soon) LoL or are childless (she takes the Beauty coupons) We are all in our late '30's..

Inserts to me are RARE as in RARELY delievered around here...
    Never recieved Sats/someone took my paper/replacement paper had none/neighbours never got them either
    Thru FB i was able to get 2 of each

MY FB friends/family/neighbours all know I coupon and they collect all kinds of coupons for me
    I have friends who are cashiers too, who tell me about deals/new coupons etc etc
    When things are marked down depending on who's working i usually get a text saying what and where before shift or at break

I've gotten a few FPCs ov er the years from Kraft (bought a brick of crackerBarrel that was RANK)
    DelMonte (boxes of 10 Juices that went sour w/good expiry dates)
    stuff like that otherwise Occasional FPC's from Kelloggs / Old El Paso / Danone Crush etc etc

I'm just finding its harder and harder to get regular coupons
    NOTHING at Safeway today... (they are keeping them on Display at Customer Service) b/c people are walking off w/entire TearPads
    my last cpl coupon crawls have been dismal

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

To me coupons are just coupons no HV or Rare
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    Really!? I've been finding tons of coupons the last couple months. We never get coupons in Saskatchewan! ....Maybe this is where all the coupons are hiding. Take that Ontario lol

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Thanks all !

Thread Information