User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

My daughter is graduating this year and wants to go dress shopping in Calgary. Where is a good place to go that will be budget friendly for us to get her a dress. She is not a girly girl that will be looking for a Bo Peep dress... just something nice in about a size 12/14.
    She wants to go on Feb 19 so if you now of sales on those days even better.

Please message me.. thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just pmd you

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have a look at Kijiji - many people try to sell bridesmaid & grad dresses that they have no more use for.
    Also, Bellisima (I go to the Northland location) often puts clearance dresses on for 70% off. I bought a formal dress there for $35 once. Lastly, not long ago I was in Ethos Bridesmaid shop (17 Ave @ 8St SW) and they had a whole bunch of discontinued bridesmaid dresses on for 50% off...Many of them would work great for Grad dresses.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I agree that kijiji is a great answer, you DD is only going to wear the dress once, and something she would get second hand would have most likely only have been worn once also. For a fraction of the cost, I bet she could find something super cute!
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I totally agree on the second hand.. but it is a difficult situation where she lives in Sask and making the trip to Calgary (8hours) just to buy this dress. She does not live with me and it has become a "situation".
    She needs a dress she can buy and take home with her that day. Alterations etc can be done at home... but getting off the internet or second hand will just be fuel to the fire. If I do not plan in advance it will end up being a $500 dress she thinks she can "guilt" me into buying... and well that is not happening.
    I looked up a few stores and had a few suggestions in pm to me.. thanks for all the help girls

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

$500 is average for a grad dress ...
    grad is so expensive... everything from the shoes, the dress, the bra that fits with the dress, the grad ticket, the dry grad ticket.... plus everything else that comes up....
    does she have an idea of what she is wanting??

i got mine at bootlegger years before i graduated.... i bought it for $15 bucks... took the straps off and wore a top hat and a couple boas...

good luck.... hope you find something budget friendly.... always ask for a discount... you never know....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Afternoon - I also have a daughter graduating this year and the dress hunt can be challenging to say the least! I started an online discount store that carries custom made Prom and Bridal Wear as a result of our quest. We carry many gowns in the $200 and slightly under price range. Feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. Our website is http://www.promchic.ca

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I would suggest checking bridal consignment stores or even some bridal boutiques may rent bridemaid dresses.

Or you may know someone who has a daughter who graduated at a different school in the past few years that is the same size and willing to lend their dress for the cost of dry cleaning.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Did you end up finding a dress?

Thread Information