User Tag List

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I've had three companies calling, for three different people, all of whom I've never heard of and we've had the same number and address for years. I have no idea how they got my number, and I'm fairly sure that they've called before in the past (about a year ago).

When I call the numbers, they all seem to be answering machines, and they eventually call again. They just wait until next season or next year, but they keep calling back. I guess they don't believe me that I've never heard of these people.

Is there anything that can be done to make them stop?
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had that happen once. I thought it was a telemarketing scam at first. There were several answering machine messages left, but one time I actually got a live human on the line. I was able to clear it up with them and they never called back. It's annoying to get those calls, that's for sure.

Another time, years ago, my husband received calls asking if he was this person from this little town not too far away. Turns out, this other person with my husband's first and last name, owed people some money. DH requested a copy of his credit report soon after, to make sure there weren't any mistakes.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I believe that they are debt collectors and they are on the hunt for someone and they will use whatever means possible to track someone down. I guess you could ask them to stop calling you or block their number.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Thread Information