User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Am I getting my hopes up?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

We have a new hotel opening. When they advertisted looking for a GM in Febuary I emailed my resume saying I'm interested in the Executive Housekeeper position when they open & got an email back to acknowledge they got my resume.
    Most places don't take the time to acknowledge you unless they're interested.
    The posted again in April hiring a GM Then finally at the end of May they post hiring housekeepers & front desk, apply by June 30. So I applied for any housekeeping position right away then June 29 I emailed again to assure then I am still looking for work & interested in a position with thier company.
    Monday I get a phone call! I have an interview Friday. They also called my friend & former co-worker who works at another hotel (who can't get ahole of them now though) but they did not call another friend of mine who applied who does have alot of experience. Today they were at my friends hotel so I got some info.
    The lady I have my interview with is the GM. They also have a front desk supervisor who they transfered in from Vancouver. So there appears to be no housekeeping supervisors. They're not opening until September. And like we're thinking here why would they call my friend for just housekeeping when she runs housekeeping now, who in thier right mind demotes themself.
    So now we're starting to speculate that we may have got the calls because they're looking for supervisors. Does it seem that way to the rest of you or are we just getting our hopes up?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Congrats on getting the interview; that's awesome!

About the rest - honestly, my advice is don't speculate. Just take it as it comes!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Congrats on getting the interview...

I agree with Natalka ..don't worry about what ifs, there may be a host of reasons why it's happening like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

congratulations on the interview! Obviously they admire your keeping on top of their process and being forward thinking. Think about ALL of your best skills and be able to give examples of how you've used them before and how they would benefit the new company. Check out the company - what is it's "mission statement" - usually posted on it's website. Be ready to tell them how you fit with their "vision".

Good luck!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Congrats on the job interview. I agree with everyone else, try not to speculate. When a company is doing a huge amount of hiring, they need to do everything quickly, that includes investigating the references for everyone. If this position falls on only a few people, they have their work cut out for them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the job they are interviewing you for is a supervisors position, but since they are hiring for housekeeping in general, it could be any position.

Let us know how you make out and what job they offer you, we're all pulling for you!

Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Thu, Jul 19th, 2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: spelling
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Congratulations on getting the interview! I wouldn't go in with my hopes up too high, just in case. However, from my personal experience, it does sound like you're being interviewed pretty early compared to what a lot of new businesses do (6+ weeks in advance does seem pretty early, but it would depend on your local labour market as well). I would think that that would bode well for you being offered either a senior housekeeping or supervisory position, but that's just my 2 cents.

Either way, good luck with the interview and let us know how it goes

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

congrats with the interveiw!!!!but dont drive yourself crazy befor you get there i say just go with the flow and im sure you'll do great
    keep us posted
    i joined prize rebel and make 10 to 20 dollar amazon gist cards every two daysehttps://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=darwinsmistake

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wishing you good luck today!

hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Go gettem today...
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Good luck vibes on their way

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good Luck in the interview today. Hope it goes well for you. Keep us posted.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Hoping all is going well for you today Slaney. Im sure you'll be fine.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So turns out I was right
    The manager is really nice. Way younger that I expected, looks around my age. And sure enough she needs someone to supervise housekeeping.
    But...
    She says there will only be one supervisor. But 1 can't work 7 says a week, you need 2 maybe even 3. And usually the head housekeeper is called the head housekeeper or executive housekeeper but she was calling it "supervisor" so maybe something is getting lost in translation
    But yeah I guess I got the job cuz she said she'd call me back in a couple weeks when she's ready for me to start.
    But.........
    I told her my friend had been trying to call her back but hasn't been able to get ahold of her & I said I'd be willing to let her take the supervisor position because I know she can't leave her current job to make less money so we're both going to go meet with the GM next week to discuss this.
    I could tell the GM seemed kind of nervous, I don't know if she's ever worked in a hotel before so maybe she's not sure how housekeeping works. Also she said it's a fulltime position but in MJ in the winter that shouldn't happen. I know some hotels let thier housekeepers waste time so they can scam more hours but I do not agree with that.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Slaney, I'm glad to hear that you've been employed! That's great!
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Congrats on getting the job.

However, I'm not sure you should have discussed your friend with her...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information