User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: shooting in colorado - 'the black night rises'

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Given he was calling for support for the IRA in Belfast back in the late 1980's....he's been an @$$ for over 20 yrs...

eta..he's also a Birther...enough said!
    The IRA were ****heads who injured innocents, but their anger came from a real place. The British Empire was not so nice to their ancestors - my ancestors. Conquering the whole place (Ireland) then taking all the food grown in Ireland during a famine to feed the folk in England in the 1800's is this reason I was born in Canada. My ancestors fled on the the death ships to North America. Many did not make it.

I had a bit of that anger when I was younger at what your ancestors did to mine, but I know now none of you alive now did that. But I can see how that anger would rise again amongst the Irish when the Orange order marches down Irish streets, celebratig the deaths of their ancestors.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have family from both sides of the religious divide. The IRA and it's equally odious Protestant counter-parts played the religion card for every trick worth taking...i have no stick to beat on either side...Most of my family tree is Irish, Welsh and Scottish...Pure English is low down in the mix..
    DaveP likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well then you are celts which means your ancestry can be traced to the vikings, gauls and germanic peoples of the time of the greek empire.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Colorado theatre shooter James Holmes guilty of murder, eligible for death penalty

CENTENNIAL, Colo. – Colorado theater shooter James Holmes was convicted Thursday in the chilling 2012 attack on defenseless moviegoers at a midnight Batman premiere after jurors swiftly rejected defense arguments that the former graduate student was insane and driven to murder by delusions.

The initial phase of Holmes’ trial took 11 weeks, but jurors needed only about 12 hours over a day and a half to find him guilty on all 165 counts.

The same panel must now decide whether Holmes should pay with his life. Starting Wednesday, they will hear what is expected to be a month’s worth of testimony over whether Holmes deserves the death penalty.

-much more info here

http://globalnews.ca/news/2115164/ve...eatre-shooter/
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

James Holmes will get life in prison without the possibility of parole.

The jurors who convicted him of murdering a dozen people and trying to kill 70 more at a midnight movie three years ago could not agree on a death sentence.
    The jury of nine women and three men deliberated for less than seven hours over two days.

As the Denver Post reported there were only two options for the jury.
    "In order for Holmes to be sentenced to execution, the jurors must unanimously agree that death is the appropriate punishment for the man who killed 12 people inside the Century Aurora 16 theater on July 20, 2012. If they do not, Holmes will be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...r-james-holmes

Darth Penguin likes this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread Information