User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By thriftygranny
  • 1 Post By MalcomJordan

Thread: Need suggestions for new deck

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just had a new pressure treated wood deck & fence put in. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I should care & maintain it. Not sure if I should use a sealer or stain or both. What are the suggested brands?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

You should always let pressure treated wood sit for a year before staining or treating. this allows time for any moisture in the wood to dry out. If you don't wait your stain or sealer will not last. i built my deck last year and stained it last weekend. Whether you stain or treat is a personal preference depends if you like the look of the natural wood or want some colour. Never stain when it is really hot out because the stain dries too fast and it doesn't look as nice or if rain is in the forecast. I used Arbourcoat from a Benjamin Moore store and was really happy with it. it covered in one coat. Good Luck
    Patty Smyth likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should keep it in sunlight at least for few time to make it dry out. It is necessary for it to dry otherwise so many problems like moth and fungus can be arrived.

Thread Information