User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Angela273

Thread: Alternatives to Mascara?

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I'm sorry, I know this is probably an incredibly stupid problem to some people but I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who might have a suggestion for me.

Recently I have been told that I am no longer allowed to wear contact lenses. I've always had extremely long eyelashes naturally, but they're blonde. So I have always worn mascara because without it, I have white blonde hair and blonde eyebrows so unless you're pretty close to me I can sometimes appear as though I might have an illness because it looks like I don't have eyebrows or eyelashes.

I can't exactly put mascara on my eyelashes anymore because they're already too long and smudge my glasses. So I'm wondering if there is something else potentially that might be able to help me add some sort of colouring around my eyes so that I don't appear to be ill. I curl my eyelashes and they're still too long so I'm not sure what I should do.

Thanks to anyone who has a suggestion and I do apologize, I know this is a rather stupid problem. But yeah.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Some people get their eyebrows and eyelashes professionally dyed (although I do realize the implied expense, I thought I would still share the suggestion).
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jul 30th, 2012 at 12:55 AM. Reason: spelling error
    krysta lynne likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Not a stupid question at all. I too have almost invisible eyelashes and brows. People think I am ill or completely exhausted if I don't use mascara. I used to sometimes treat myself and go in a for an 'eyelash dye". It lasts 6-8 weeks and makes life so easy!
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I knew that you could colour your eyebrows but I had no idea that you could do your eyelashes. Thank you for the suggestions Angela and Dianne. I am going to have to look into that and see how much it costs because I've been getting a lot of "Oh honey are you alright, you don't look so good" lately since I started wearing my glasses again.

Thank you!
    Last edited by westcoastblondie; Mon, Jul 30th, 2012 at 02:05 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastblondie View Post
    I am going to have to look into that and see how much it costs because I've been getting a lot of "Oh honey are you alright, you don't look so good" lately since I started wearing my glasses again.
    People can be very mean.
    Are these strangers or people you see all the time?
    If they are not strangers, just repeat to them, "This is my natural colour that I was born with" (*with a smile*). Eventually, they will shut up.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    People can be very mean.
    Are these strangers or people you see all the time?
    If they are not strangers, just repeat to them, "This is my natural colour that I was born with" (*with a smile*). Eventually, they will shut up.
    Some of them are people that I know and some are strangers. Like my coworkers have all been commenting that I look really sick and pale and I actually, when I told one of them my eyelashes were naturally blonde, had him ask me if I was albino. And a few days ago a waitress in a restaurant my boyfriend and I were eating at started talking to me all about her friend that had cancer and I didn't want to be rude so I listened to her story but then she went on to say "Don't worry honey, chemotherapy is difficult on everyone and I think you look fantastic"... Umm, thanks?

I'm hoping eventually they lay off, but for now I'd just like to find something to fix it. We'll see I guess.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I know what you are talking about! My lashes are blond and almost invisible, but to make it worse, they are short too...
    There is a service called "lash tinting" - you can google it and you'll find a lot of reviews and photos. I pay 20$ for it at my salon and it lasts approx. 4 weeks.
    There is also "lash perming" which basically curls up your natural lashes so they are more visible and look very pretty (this one 35$ at my place).

Thread Information