User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Stinky FPC - What would YOU do ?

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The difference in this scenario is the "knowing" part.
    I am not trying to start an argument, but to me, that's what makes the difference.
    There's no way for a person to know what's happened to a bill before it's in our hands. So we "assume" it hasn't been peed on, as does the Cashier.
    In this case, the op knows that there's cat pee on it (thats what male cats spray, urine & an oily/fatty substance from their anal glands), and while knowing that fact, we're still handing over a bacteria, cat pee laden coupon to an unsuspecting cashier. I understand it's an FPC...
    But still......
    If you were going to put that FPC in a trade, would you inform the receiver first and see if they would accept it?
    or just put it in the envelope.
    Cat spray is very hard to get rid of because it is an oily substance, so if you are going to wipe it off or try to clean it I would try to use dish soap straight up. Put some on a sponge and wipe wipe wipe. The coupon will of course get a bit wet, but if you don't use too much it shouldn't ruin the printing.
    I've washed & dried coupons left in my pants pocket before, and they were fine. They were a bit wrinkled, but the print on them was not destroyed in any way.
    You could always try the dish soap on one corner and see what happens. Im not sure about the baboo coupons, but most of the coupons have a finish on them, more like a magazine page, and it should be able to withstand some moisture.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Tbites:What is Borax?

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Tbites:What is Borax?
    It's a laundry detergent made of Sodium Tetraborate.... I always thought it was the element Boron but according to wiki, it's a compound of Boron. People also use this to kill ants (possibly toxic to cats !) and I just happened to have a box at home because I wanted to try and see if it could kill the Creeping Charlie (lierre terrestre) in my backyard.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    The difference in this scenario is the "knowing" part.
    I am not trying to start an argument, but to me, that's what makes the difference.
    There's no way for a person to know what's happened to a bill before it's in our hands. So we "assume" it hasn't been peed on, as does the Cashier.
    In this case, the op knows that there's cat pee on it (thats what male cats spray, urine & an oily/fatty substance from their anal glands), and while knowing that fact, we're still handing over a bacteria, cat pee laden coupon to an unsuspecting cashier. I understand it's an FPC...
    But still......
    If you were going to put that FPC in a trade, would you inform the receiver first and see if they would accept it?
    or just put it in the envelope.
    Cat spray is very hard to get rid of because it is an oily substance, so if you are going to wipe it off or try to clean it I would try to use dish soap straight up. Put some on a sponge and wipe wipe wipe. The coupon will of course get a bit wet, but if you don't use too much it shouldn't ruin the printing.
    I've washed & dried coupons left in my pants pocket before, and they were fine. They were a bit wrinkled, but the print on them was not destroyed in any way.
    You could always try the dish soap on one corner and see what happens. Im not sure about the baboo coupons, but most of the coupons have a finish on them, more like a magazine page, and it should be able to withstand some moisture.
    Sunshyne, I come in peace . No, I wouldn't trade a coupon like that and if someone had a coupon like that I would expect them to tell me before mailing (then the choice is up to me).... Do unto others... ya know ?

But I know you read the first post and know that this isn't about a trade at all. You mentioned that I know the coupon had cat pee on it. But... we also know that the paper money we all use has traces of urine, feces, drugs and a bunch of bacteria that can survive anywhere from 48 hours to 17 days, yet we ALL use it. (Well..... if you didn't know... you do now ). This is why my concern was the stench.... a lot of what we touch regularly is ridden with "dirt"... we just like to think that because websaver mailed it to us it must be clean.
    Last edited by Tbites; Thu, Aug 16th, 2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Sunshyne, I come in peace .
    lmao...well I had to put it out front that i wasn't trying to start a rumble!!!

Did you try the dish soap? It should work because dish soap is a grease cutter, and the spray is pretty oily which is why normal methods don't always get rid of the smell because they don't work on oily substances.
    Tbites likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information