User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Stinky FPC - What would YOU do ?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I think putting it in a ziploc with borax and a drop of essential oil would work better than baking soda as it is an odour eliminator and a disinfectant. But really how much is this FPC worth? You need to out weigh the effort put into desmelling it and then actually using something that smelled like cat spray. I enjoy saving money but would never pass off something that smelled like that it is an awful stench.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

I would try my best to de-stink it and then use it with a ziploc bag if it still bad. You could even put a note at the corner of the bag warning those at the office who may want to open it.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Poor cashier that's going to receive that. I bet there will be stories.
    Shwa Girl and wolfwoman like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'd use it.. just put it in a ziploc .. the smell can't be the worst problem, I'm thinking there must be cooties..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I think putting it in a ziploc with borax and a drop of essential oil would work better than baking soda as it is an odour eliminator and a disinfectant. But really how much is this FPC worth? You need to out weigh the effort put into desmelling it and then actually using something that smelled like cat spray. I enjoy saving money but would never pass off something that smelled like that it is an awful stench.
    I hear your point on "what's this fpc worth to you".... but like I said in my OP.... this FPC is not for me.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    bury it in some freshly ground coffee for a couple days. people do that to send marijuana around...if coffee can cover up pot it should cover up cat pee...

Bahaha, I always thought the drugs and coffee thing had to do with the drug dogs not being able to smell the drugs because the smell of coffee was overpowering... but not that it was an odor eliminator ?.... I watch too many movies
    wolfwoman likes this.

MY WISHLIST

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    Just bring it to a store that has a cashier who has given you coupon grief in the past. Payback
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post

I would use it myself and as suggested, pass it to a cashier that has given you grief before. As I have cats, I may stick one in the litterbox today and pass it tomorrow !
    LMAO you guys are vindictive !
    ssbean and wolfwoman like this.

MY WISHLIST

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    Just bring it to a store that has a cashier who has given you coupon grief in the past. Payback
    Only problem is, not just one cashier will handle it. The cash office too. Then the coupon handling place the store sends it too.
    thriftygranny likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't believe people are suggesting you use this coupon. Throw it out!!! It's completely unsanitary. Would YOU pee on a coupon and then hand it in to someone else to handle?? Would you like a cashier to handle a coupon that had been soaked in cat pee and then handle your apples or bananas next?? Get a grip people.... that's just nasty! I can't believe this is even being debated!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I had a similar but not so pungent dilemma, I traded for some truly awesome coupons and they came reeking of cigarette smoke... like they filled the room when left on table.Well some of them I wanted to trade out but was embarrassed to send so I was spraying them with glade and hoping not to be judged. Oh well had to share. I like Patty Smyth's idea.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Tbites, only you would have this problem. LMAO.....can hardly wait to see what you do.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Dip it in febreeze. It should cover the smell & not ruin the coupon.
    Although I personally would just say thier cat pee'd on it because I've made it a rule not to let myself be embarassed by other people's behaviour.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont know what she would do with the coupon but I made a fantastic trade with her last week...I had this coupon x5 and my friend dont want it anymore so win-win for 2 of us ( Tbites) Hope you are not offended by my post.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

P'en toute You're a very easy trader... I've had that stinky coupon sitting in a ziploc bag full of Borax for almost a week now ... the majority of the posts here made me feel like I'm not THAT crazy for not wanting to waste an FPC.
    Natalka and cath007 like this.

MY WISHLIST

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
    I can't believe people are suggesting you use this coupon. Throw it out!!! It's completely unsanitary. Would YOU pee on a coupon and then hand it in to someone else to handle?? Would you like a cashier to handle a coupon that had been soaked in cat pee and then handle your apples or bananas next?? Get a grip people.... that's just nasty! I can't believe this is even being debated!
    But its okay for the cashier to handle dirty money that may or may not of been pee'd on as well, rolled up and used to snort drugs, etc etc and then touch your apples and bananas. I really don't see any difference at all in my opinion. You can still use and redeem a FPC if its in a plastic baggie so why should you throw it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hatherb View Post
    I had a similar but not so pungent dilemma, I traded for some truly awesome coupons and they came reeking of cigarette smoke... like they filled the room when left on table.Well some of them I wanted to trade out but was embarrassed to send so I was spraying them with glade and hoping not to be judged. Oh well had to share. I like Patty Smyth's idea.
    Oh my gosh I know! I host trains a bit and once or twice I have gotten an envelope that stunk up my mail box, everything in it, then my whole office while going threw it and everyons envelopes on the way home. It was horrid I had to take a break halfway threw because I was so sick and had a bad headache. Ick.

EDIT: I personally would still use it. Free is free, especially if it is for a product I use. I like the idea of putting it in a ziploc and explaining to the cashier why it is in there and maybe writting a little warning on the baggie too for anyone else.
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Wed, Aug 15th, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information