User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: What is with all these SPAMMERS posting "deals" in the Shopping and Deals Section?

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    what happened to the guest MOD thing there used to be a sticky about? let people who actually want to do, do it!!
    I was appointed as a ''guest'' mod when sally first introduced the idea.
    Im assuming that not enough people were applying for it so they trashed the idea and kept me on as a permanent MOD.
    Now that sally's gone, the only person who can appoint someone as a MOD is BOO.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Let me just say that I am usually on in the mornings and after 5 pm and I have yet to see a spam post, so Good Job Mods!

I do agree that if there is a trend of spam appearing at night, get some mods from the west coast or some night owls to help out the day time mods. I'd think that SC is a big enough forum to need night mods. JMO

Edit:
    I jinxed myself! Went over to Deals and see three spammer threads, expired them all and reported one of them.
    Last edited by Safyre; Wed, Aug 22nd, 2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Jinxing myself

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

the spammers not just start new threads but also post reply in your post with wired links and irrelevent topics
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Or what about the spammers who start a bunch threads at a time advertising sites with links to watch movies online. Those one annoy me so much.

Or the one that was advertising mace at cheap prices. Mace is not legal in Canada, which I informed them. I think that thread reappeared 3 times, always with the same topic.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Movie spammers are the most active of spammers on SC, the links likely have a virus too

Often they are just paid for posting the link elsewhere, they don't care if the product is available in Canada
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Hmmmm.... You would think these spammers would try their luck at a different website instead of posting "deals" to a site where all the members are deal-experts.

But, I agree, tres annoying!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Its more about views for them than us actually buying, SC is a big site with a lot of traffic so google's searchbots track it regularly. Every time your link is posted, it can help your URL move further up the page because its more popular and therefore more likely what people are looking for. If they manage to get the link tracked before a mod spams it it helps them

Plus there are people who click, I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone reply with how do I get the movie to work?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I was appointed as a ''guest'' mod when sally first introduced the idea.
    Im assuming that not enough people were applying for it so they trashed the idea and kept me on as a permanent MOD.
    Now that sally's gone, the only person who can appoint someone as a MOD is BOO.

<shrugs>..I volenteered at the time and several times since. since I'm a SATM, I can be available for most of the day.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information