User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Have you ever tried online dating?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have never dated online, but a girlfriend of mine met her common law hubby through (I think) Lava Life.
    vesper likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I meet N. online under deviantart of all places. And we love each other so much... amazing what a little anger did to set us right
    Why should I stay? Why should I go? I'm no longer on here. I might ghost in once in a while. But don't bother talking to me, I'm not to stay. Sorry.

Wise Shopper
    Wow! I am surprised at the good reviews about the online dating. That is great!
    The advice given by Sally888 is really good too.
    I have a friend that just finished dating a guy from Plenty O Fish for a few months, and she thought it would work out and said he was great etc.
    Unfortunately she said he started getting too serious too fast, she said he started 'doing weird things' (not sure what she meant by that) so she stopped dating him.
    She is dating a really nice down to earth guy that I met last weekend when we went line dancing. She met him at a club.

Has anyone tried E-Harmony Canada and is it ok? Curious.

thank you.
    Last edited by Wise Shopper; Fri, Mar 28th, 2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: missed a word in a sentence

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you spammer! I hope there is a lot of funny women on there for me to caht with!
    Mamaelmo and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i would never do online dating again

full of liars, cheaters, weirdos and losers

what starts on the internet

ends on the internet
    vesper and cherrycheers like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    i would never do online dating again

full of liars, cheaters, weirdos and losers

what starts on the internet

ends on the internet

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never do it, nor believe it. Maybe i just affected by my surroundings where has so many cheat criminals from online dating.
    frugal50 and vesper like this.
    if the music's too loud, you are too old.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrycheers View Post
    I never do it, nor believe it. Maybe i just affected by my surroundings where has so many cheat criminals from online dating.
    If you can get past the criminals and riff raff, I think meeting online is a wonderful thing. Relationships built through communication, pampered with imagination seems to be better than buying a girl a drink then trying to play with her. I wonder if there are any official studies on this?
    i_forget and cherrycheers like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

GIven how open some people are on the internet with regards to their requirements vis-a-vis the feminine gender, then on-line dating can make sure (general) you can weed out the jerks and jerkesses you want to avoid...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrycheers View Post
    you are smart to have never tried it, i wish i never did .... now i carry all this emotional scar from online dating fraud.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    If you can get past the criminals and riff raff, I think meeting online is a wonderful thing. Relationships built through communication, pampered with imagination seems to be better than buying a girl a drink then trying to play with her. I wonder if there are any official studies on this?
    Yep, you are right and maybe there is true love from the online dating after the two people meet each other, but the meeting can break all the wonderful imaginations. after all, we live in the real world not the virtual cyber world. no matter how sweet words are passed on the internet, the behaviors and details and personalities in the real daily life can finally decide whether this online dating is successful or not.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    you are smart to have never tried it, i wish i never did .... now i carry all this emotional scar from online dating fraud.
    Nothing can beat you, and you need time to heal your heart. Hopefully, you can recover as soon as possible.
    frugal50 and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have dated a lot of people. Not met someone on an online dating site, never needed to go on one.
    some guys I met at bars, some I met at school, some were friends of friends, I met one guy playing cards and we became friends and dated, another sent me a random message through a messenger back in the day. I have also met a lot of women in the same way and have developed healthy friendships.

i honestly believe that it does not matter how you meet people. You can meet mr. Fantastic drunk at hell in a bar, or you can meet him playing cribbage in yahoo or in line at the grocery store. You can also meet mr. Wrong (or mrs. Wrong) in the same places.

either you click, or you don't. Why close yourself off to a method of meeting someone because it is unconventional? Just be aware and protect yourself like you should be doing if you met them at the store or something. Get to know them....make them earn your trust and you do the same.

i don't think that anyone can truly know anyone until after they have lived together anyways.
    i have known couples that dated for years, loved each other more than anything, got married, and then divorced in a year because it just did not work.

You never know.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information