• 2 Post By saddlebag
  • 3 Post By glowworm2k
  • 2 Post By RebeccaRYoung
  • 5 Post By Poirot
  • 2 Post By GeorgiaK

Thread: I just don't understand some people

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I was just on a local Facebook yard sale group and noticed a member selling her stockpile. Items she got for free she is asking full price or more for it.....it just pisses me off when people are greedy.....I'm forever giving stuff away and it always makes me feel good to do so.....am I wrong thinking her SALE is wrong......???
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    cath007 and glowworm2k like this.
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I think it's just wrong when people sell their stockpiles for profit, that's my personal opinion.

If she's selling things for retail cost or more, I think that she will see that there are very few people who are interested in buying products that can't be returned, may be expiring, may have been tampered with (I never buy re-sold personal care stuff for this reason!), etc. People often end up getting what they give, so if she's trying to fleece others, I'd hate to be in her shoes when karma comes calling.....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    I think it's just wrong when people sell their stockpiles for profit, that's my personal opinion.

If she's selling things for retail cost or more, I think that she will see that there are very few people who are interested in buying products that can't be returned, may be expiring, may have been tampered with (I never buy re-sold personal care stuff for this reason!), etc. People often end up getting what they give, so if she's trying to fleece others, I'd hate to be in her shoes when karma comes calling.....
    I agree. I wouldn't purchase something at a garage sale for the same amount that I can purchase it at the store.
    pippinelkhound and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it doesn't seem right.Even if it is free there's the time and energy and maybe money spend on gas or transit to get this supposed free stuff.If she doesn't really want the stuff she should save time and money by leaving it in the store for other customers.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

There is a woman at the local flea market that is always selling stuff that she got for free or nearly free at nearly the price of store bought. Even worse is the baskets of sample sizes that align with all the freebies that SC'ers are aware of that she is selling for the same cost as regular priced travel sized items (shampoo, conditioner, dish soap, deodorants, body wash/sprays, razors etc)

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

to each their own is my opinion.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

What we do not know here is her financial situation. Maybe she needs the money that has been invested in her stockpile for a family emergency. Although I personally do not think it is too kosher to sell the stuff that I got free or nearly free, I can understand that the need to put food on the table may be a swaying factor. We need to stop jumping to moral judgements. We need to give people the benefit of doubt sometimes.
    Last edited by GeorgiaK; Sat, Sep 29th, 2012 at 03:55 PM.

Thread Information