Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

clean coal seriously do they think we are that gullible
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sat, Nov 10th, 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: sp

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    One of them is going to grow up the more favoured son.
    DaveP likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

never seen that UL reporting to be about Mitt..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  311104_10151094502575493_1860118083_n.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  43.3 KB

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Obama's win forces Walker's hand on health care

President Barack Obama's re-election is forcing the hand of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who had stopped all efforts to implement the federal health care reform law in the hopes that Republicans would take over in Washington.

Obama's victory coupled with Democrats' keeping control of the Senate assures that the Affordable Health Care Act will continue to go into effect. Walker's administration and Republican leaders in the state Legislature are now scrambling to figure out their next move.

Wisconsin faces a Nov. 16 deadline to inform the Obama administration whether the state will implement an online health care marketplace, or exchange, or let the federal government do it. Each state's exchange must be operational in 2014 under the health care law.

Walker told reporters Wednesday in Milwaukee that he will be meeting with state officials this week to discuss the next steps. He downplayed the urgency of the situation, saying no matter what the state does, the federal government won't review it for months. Walker has said he doesn't think it would be a problem for the state to get an extension.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Citizens from 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States

As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government.
    States following this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York. These States have requested that the Obama Administration grant a peaceful withdrawal from the United States.
    These citizen generated petitions were filed just days after the 2012 presidential election.
    Louisiana was the first State to file a petition a day after the election by a Michael E. from Slidell, Louisiana. Texas was the next State to follow by a Micah H. from Arlington, Texas.
    The government allows one month from the day the petition is submitted to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the Obama administration to consider the request.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is an odd nervousness coming from core Obama supporters in the states. Rather than the euphoric hyper gloating of 2008, there seems to be a silent urgency and uncertainty coming his core base this time. Should be interesting.

p.s. I noticed Denver progressive radio show is already charging Marco Rubio of Florida as the republican nominee for 2016. LOL! It started already
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Analysis: It's never too early to talk about 2016

Get ready: The 2016 campaign for the White House is getting under way. Among those attending next week's Republican Governors Association meeting in Las Vegas are the group's chairman, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, as well as popular Republican governors such as New Jersey's Chris Christie, Wisconsin's Scott Walker and Louisiana's Bobby Jindal.
    While the RGA's annual confabs are all about policy and politics, 2016 is sure to come up because all four governors are thought to be contenders for the party's next presidential nomination.
    Even though the 2012 election is barely in the rear view mirror, speculation over the next race for the White House is getting started. With President Barack Obama winning a second term on Tuesday, an incumbent will not run in 2016, meaning both parties may have competitive nomination battles.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Romney is president

Team Romney has every reason to be shellshocked. Its candidate, after all, resoundingly won the election of the country he was wooing.
    Mitt Romney is the president of white male America.
    But the truth is, Romney was an unpalatable candidate. And shocking as it may seem, his strategists weren’t blowing smoke when they said they were going to win; they were just clueless.
    Until now, Republicans and Fox News have excelled at conjuring alternate realities. But this time, they made the mistake of believing their fake world actually existed. As Fox’s Megyn Kelly said to Karl Rove on election night, when he argued against calling Ohio for Obama: “Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?”
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wonder what will become of the XL pipeline now. I am sure Obama will approve it, but because it is so high profile now, Saskatchewan may be a target for undesirable people wanting to sabotage that work, like what happens in northern Alberta.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Have you considered actually commenting on the tons of links you post?
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, Nov 17th, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Inauguration Day: Obama sworn in for second term

Barack Obama has officially been sworn in for his second term as US president in a small ceremony at the White House.
    Mr Obama took the oath in the Blue Room to meet the 20 January date set out in the US Constitution.
    Given this fell on a Sunday, a public inauguration with pomp and circumstance will take place on Monday.
    Vice-President Joe Biden was sworn in for a second term at a small ceremony at his official residence earlier on Sunday morning.
    Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts administered the oath of office to Mr Obama, witnessed by First Lady Michelle Obama and their daughters Sasha and Malia as well as some family members and reporters.
    Resting his hand on a Bible used for many years by his wife's family, Mr Obama vowed "to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States".
    He will repeat those words during Monday's public inauguration, in which he will also set out his plans for the next four years.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Amazing with their economy, how they can blow so much money on the inauguration festitivites!

Loved Michelle's gown; glad she picked Canadian designer Jason Wu again. Didn't like the grey daytime number, but then I'm no fashionista!

Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Jan 23rd, 2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: had wrong designer name....
    DaveP and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The girls looked amazing - loved the colours!

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread Information