Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree451Likes

Thread: The US Presidential election thread

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

So now we know the contenders....

In the Blue Corner, the current champion and President ..Barack Obama

In the Red Corner, the new boy, Mitt Romney.

Please remember what the Republicans always say about the POTUS...respect the office of the President even if you don't respect the man...

Please be polite in this thread, too. About both candiates and thier running mates and any-one who offers an opinion. Please back up any accusations with a credible news-source..Sadly The Onion doesn't count...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I was totally impressed with Paul Ryan's speech at the GOP convention - I watched the second half of it on TV, read the rest online. Hope he'll make a run for president next time around!

http://www.wsbradio.com/weblogs/jami...op-convention/
    frugal50 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Because Ronald Reagan was my first President/PM that I can remember, I thought all presidents or PMs would be like him. however they are all second rate at best, Jive Turkeys at worst. In those days (Texas, Montana) we lived in Democrat states at the time but everyone LOVED Reagan.

Who can top this man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPu1UIBkBc
    Last edited by vesper; Thu, Aug 30th, 2012 at 04:01 AM.
    DaveP likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

4 more years!
    kool_105 and Darth Penguin like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I would never vote for a republican and watching the last 2 days of the convention just reinforces that for me. Much of what they are spewing is misleading and not factual and they are still trying to deny the mess that Cheney/Bush left them.

The most worrisome is that there are no more moderates in the republican party and their agenda is so far right that there is little chance of passing any legislation. They are at the point where if it's not their idea 100% it will never pass, no such thing anymore as walking across the floor to meet halfway. This is mainly due to teaparty extremists. People like Bachman(scariest of all), Palin(no words to describe her) and others.
    TaraF, kool_105 and Darth Penguin like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Tea party Platform and rule number 1 is something that the founding fathers would never have let fly. They were for seperation of church and state and these people have skewed it 180 degrees. No government platform should include any references to god.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wasn't too impressed with Paul Ryan, smug much?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I love the way The Tea Party wants to follow the Consitution and still try to enforce a Christain theological state over there.......
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Romney/Ryan for 2012

it's going to be a close race with a 50/50 split

Commander-in-Chief Romey for the win!
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes it will be closer than last time for sure, many Obama supporters have jumped ship.

Whatever happened to Ralph Nadar?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

ok he is still around

http://nader.org/

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Out of the mouths of babes...

Name:  Untitled51.png
Views: 457
Size:  243.6 KB

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Out of the mouths of babes...

Name:  Untitled51.png
Views: 457
Size:  243.6 KB
    I think all the "Bush" under the sign says more than the sigh itself. I'm just saying.
    TaraF likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Paul Ryan's speech "contained errors"

Republican vice-presidential nominee Paul Ryan has come under fire for alleged inaccuracies during his convention debut in Tampa, Florida.

Mr Ryan attacked the president for making cuts to the Medicare healthcare programme, but did not say that his own budget plan includes the same savings.

He complained that proposals by a budget commission were not adopted, but did not mention he opposed its report.

Fact Check Paul Ryan's convention address

The first passage concerns what was once the largest employer in Ryan's hometown of Janesville, Wis.
    "A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: 'I believe that if our government is there to support you, this plant will be here for another hundred years.' That's what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day," Ryan said.
    It is true that President Obama, when he was running for president in February 2008, toured the GM plant in Janesville. But Democrats point out that the plant actually closed in December of that year, under President George W. Bush -- who in that same month authorized an emergency loan of $14 billion to GM and Chrysler.

That was not enough to prevent GM from moving forward with plans it had already announced: to shutter the Janesville facility and lay off its remaining 1,200 workers.
    His aides point out -- and GM confirms -- that the plant was not shut down per se but idled, meaning it could be reactivated at any time.
    However, nothing Ryan said in his speech about the plant was factually untrue.
    Ryan stated in his convention speech that "we were about to lose a major factory" in the town at the time Obama showed up there. And though he compressed then-Sen. Obama's remarks, Ryan did not distort them.
    This is what Obama said at the time: "I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."
    In October 2008, after the plant's fate was announced, then-Sen. Obama issued a statement that inched closer to promising to help the factory, which in its prime employed some 7,000 people. "As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America," Obama said at the time.

Last edited by Darth Penguin; Thu, Aug 30th, 2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: removed accential emoticon
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information