User Tag List

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree451Likes

Thread: The US Presidential election thread

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

only 1461 days to go.....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Natalka likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

gryphon - that's awesome!! I don't have a FB under my name, or I'd answer YES too!

Just goes to show that the propaganda that women aren't for Romney is a bunch of bunk - it was nice to see so many Women for Romney signs at the rallies over the past week!

*Such coincidence I saw this posted just as I listened to a CNN interview with Mia Love, Republican mayor of Saratoga Springs, who is running for Congress in Utah. She's 36, Mormon, daughter of Haitian immigrants.
    If she gets elected, she'll be the first black female representative to serve in the house.
    gryphon likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    gryphon - that's awesome!! I don't have a FB under my name, or I'd answer YES too!

Just goes to show that the propaganda that women aren't for Romney is a bunch of bunk - it was nice to see so many Women for Romney signs at the rallies over the past week!

*Such coincidence I saw this posted just as I listened to a CNN interview with Mia Love, Republican mayor of Saratoga Springs, who is running for Congress in Utah. She's 36, Mormon, daughter of Haitian immigrants.
    If she gets elected, she'll be the first black female representative to serve in the house.
    1st black REPUBLICAN woman
    Last edited by gryphon; Tue, Nov 6th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I guess I needed to be more specific - Love would be the first black Republican woman elected to Congress should she win Tuesday.
    gryphon likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

So...some women are going to vote for Romney...no big suprise there...

I'm sure some black people will vote for him and some gays too.

I'm not going to change my political views due to a straw poll on FB and I don't think any-one else will either.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I am not surprised that voter suppression tactics are already being revealed in todays voting. *sighs* Touch screen voting machines are being removed in PA after a voter took out his cell phone to record a switch in voting, apparently when he touched Obama, it defaulted to Romney for the vote. You can see the video below or you can read a frew of the articles as well.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/11/06/machi...ne-for-romney/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I am not surprised that voter suppression tactics are already being revealed in todays voting. *sighs* Touch screen voting machines are being removed in PA after a voter took out his cell phone to record a switch in voting, apparently when he touched Obama, it defaulted to Romney for the vote. You can see the video below or you can read a frew of the articles as well.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/11/06/machi...ne-for-romney/
    Apparently its been followed up on and it was a glitch. Its too obvious to actually do it.

There were also machines registering romney votes as being for obama.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Oregon Department of Justice investigates alleged ballot tampering

A temporary elections employee allegedly tampered with ballots to cast additional votes for Republican candidates in Clackamas County, where several hotly contested races could tilt the balance of power in cities, the county and even the state legislature.

The Oregon Department of Justice confirmed that it has launched a criminal investigation but did not identify the female employee or disclose how many ballots might be affected.

The department is investigating the matter promptly since the Nov. 6 election is just days away, said Jeff Manning, spokesman for the Department of Justice. "Just given the timing, obviously, this is a high priority case for us at this point," he said.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Well gryphon, regardless if it was "only" 1 or 2 machines and regardless of whether the votes were being switched to Romney or Obama and regardless if it was intentional or "just a glitch", this should NOT be happening in an election to determine who will be the next President of a country. It's completely unacceptable, especially if swing states (which PA is one) are as close as they are saying. How do we not know people before this gentlemen and others touched their choice and heard the noise and didn't check to make sure it actually said their candidate? How do we know that they didn't approach an election official working the polls to report the error and were simply told, "if you clicked romney he got your vote don't worry". Too many questions, too many errors and "glitches" happening at a time when people don't trust their Governments and those running for office.
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Nov 6th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Darth...I want to scream! It really seems that Democracy is but an illusion anymore.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well gryphon, regardless if it was "only" 1 or 2 machines and regardless of whether the votes were being switched to Romney or Obama and regardless if it was intentional or "just a glitch", this should NOT be happening in an election to determine who will be the next President of a country. It's completely unacceptable, especially if swing states (which PA is one) are as close as they are saying. How do we not know people before this gentlemen and others touched their choice and heard the noise and didn't check to make sure it actually said their candidate? How do we know that they didn't approach an election official working the polls to report the error and were simply told, "if you clicked romney he got your vote don't worry". Too many questions, too many errors and "glitches" happening at a time when people don't trust their Governments and those running for office.
    Im saying it was a bad machine. If they were truly trying to cheat, why make it obvious?
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Im saying it was a bad machine. If they were truly trying to cheat, why make it obvious?
    We don't know for certain if the glitch was intentional or not. Second, a programmer at the end of the day is only human and can make errors. But as I mentioned,even if it isn't intentional it doesn't excuse it. Considering cases of election fraud and questionable practices are popping up all of the United States and usually involving Republicans, I'm not surprised. *sighs*

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We don't know for certain if the glitch was intentional or not. Second, a programmer at the end of the day is only human and can make errors. But as I mentioned,even if it isn't intentional it doesn't excuse it. Considering cases of election fraud and questionable practices are popping up all of the United States and usually involving Republicans, I'm not surprised. *sighs*
    And what about the instances where the glitch sent the vote to obama?
    Natalka and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    And what about the instances where the glitch sent the vote to obama?
    Yup, there were a number of those in the early voting. It's not convenient to mention those though because it doesn't feed into the conspiracy that the big bad republicans are stealing the election. Puh-lease.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information