User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: What are you going to buy at Shoppers this coming 20x the points event?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Royale 6 pack are 3.99 on sat use 1$ coupon and use this bp coupon
    Shoppers Drug Mart: 2000 Optimum Bonus Points WUB 3 Royale Packages Coupon (Aug 30-Sept 12)

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/e...?coupons=13905

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We can't use the BP mail out coupons with this promotion, can we? On the back of them, they say "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points promotions or offers."

I've also seen some in store signage (large cards) that say the same thing about bonus points. I assume the little stickers on the price tag are fair game?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    We can't use the BP mail out coupons with this promotion, can we? On the back of them, they say "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points promotions or offers."

I've also seen some in store signage (large cards) that say the same thing about bonus points. I assume the little stickers on the price tag are fair game?
    so you recieved the Shopper's Mailer afterall...I did not recieved anything from them though

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SDM BEAUTY OFFERS
    http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/B...ty-offers.aspx

some of them are
    Thursday August 9-Friday September 7

Receive 2,000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points®* when you purchase any 2 Cover Girl products.

Receive 2,000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points®* when you purchase any 2 Revlon Lip or Nail Product.
    Receive 2,000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points®* when you purchase any 2 participating Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB, Dream Bouncy Blush, Eye Studio or Volum’Express Mega Plush mascara products
    Last edited by SFARAZ; Fri, Aug 31st, 2012 at 02:02 AM.
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
    Its not SDM policy, its the actual law. The CRA states very clearly that FPC's should have no tax, if a company is found to be charging tax on an FPC that would be fraudulent. Not that I think the CRA would ever investigate into such issues, but its really a government law, not just store policy you're fighting there. We shouldn't get the points because we are not buying the product IMO, the manufacturer is supplying their product free of charge, which doesn't mean we should get a further bonus just for taking them up on their offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenllyhash View Post
    Do you have a link for this? A cashier argued with me that they have to charge tax because it's the law. Would love to give her some info on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
    Here is the link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/gm/b-002/b-002-e.html about 3/4ths of the way through the page under "Other Coupons"
    Do you mean this:

Other types of coupons:
    Coupons that are not for a specific single monetary discount will be treated in the same way as coupons that do not include the GST. These coupons will reduce the selling price of an item before the GST is calculated (as illustrated in EXAMPLE B). Therefore, retailers will deduct the value of the coupon from the selling price prior to calculating any GST payable.
    These coupons may:

• offer a certain percentage off the price of an item (for example, a coupon to receive 10% off the next purchase);
    • offer an item for no charge if another item is purchased (for example, two-for-one coupons);
    • contain more than one monetary discount (for example, 50 cents off a 250 ml bottle of pop, or $1 off a 500 ml bottle of pop); and
    • be used for goods and services that are taxable, as well as zero-rated or exempt.

.. because actually it says the opposite -- that GST should be charged. FPCs don't state a specific amount.

Don't get me wrong. I agree taxes are not to be charged on FPCs, but I have yet to see any legal document that makes this clear. I just know it's supposed to be that way here in Quebec because I have had supervisors in a couple of stores I shop at say taxes are included in FPCs unless it's stated that the consumer pays the taxes. Again, that's here in Quebec. I carry around a copy of the provincial equivalent of what the CRA site says, but it has the same ambiguity that make it subject to interpretation. So I only use my FPCs where I know I won't be charged taxes.

If anyone has a definitive legal source, I would love a link to it

Silk
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsweeterthanadeal View Post
    i'd rather pay no tax on my FPC then to get optimum points, i this just me? lol
    I feel the same way

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moon18 View Post
    No. It says in the exceptions that they dont count
    Darn. Thanks!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moon18 View Post
    so you recieved the Shopper's Mailer afterall...I did not recieved anything from them though
    Is there anything you're looking for? I put some in my trade list and you can have any of the ones I won't use.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Fri, Aug 31st, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
    moon18 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Probably just going to stock up on coffee(dh goes through almost a can a week), John Frieda shampoo and Royale.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Why is it that some of the Bonus Optimum offers give you the option to print and some do not? I am trying to get the one for Visine but it doesn't give me an option for a printable like the one for the Royale.

Quote Originally Posted by SFARAZ View Post
    Royale 6 pack are 3.99 on sat use 1$ coupon and use this bp coupon
    Shoppers Drug Mart: 2000 Optimum Bonus Points WUB 3 Royale Packages Coupon (Aug 30-Sept 12)

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/e...?coupons=13905

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    These coupons will reduce the selling price of an item before the GST is calculated. Therefore, retailers will deduct the value of the coupon from the selling price prior to calculating any GST payable.

.. because actually it says the opposite -- that GST should be charged.
    Yes, but charged after the coupon is applied. So if a coupon reduces the selling price to $0 before GST is calculated, GST will also be $0.
    marmaduke and Safyre like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

my list so far..
    1xroyale tissue
    2x choc milk (rain check)
    2x listerine-$3.99 (hope I can use the 3 printable or I won't get it)-1000bp wub2 listerine
    1x eggs
    2x international delight
    and I have about 44 pictures that I am printing... I should be close, but if not I will find something
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Just got the flyer.
    Lysol No Touch $4.99 and the $5 coupons don't expire til Sept. 16.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

The flyer says its the Lysol No Touch refill for $4.99. The only coupons I have are $5 for the system

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information