User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 38 RAOKs for my birthday inspired by Lola's train.....Updates up & until my 38th

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I've decided that instead of me getting presents and kind guestures for my birthday which is this month, I would do 38 RAOKs up & to including my birthday. I was inspired by a train that I currently am a passenger on which is Bargain_Hunter_Lola's RAOK train.

So here is what I have done up to now......

1) Gave a lady who has a son about my sons ages a large garbage bag full of gently used clothing (no picture) Tuesday, Sept 4th.

2) Today I did a ROAK to Interval House a Shelter for battered Women and their children in Carleton Place, ON 30 minutes from my home. Here a few of the items I did not have time to take pictures of: 3 skipping ropes, 4 Presto Dot Mini Kits, 2 Pkgs of 3 in each Monster trucks, 1 Iron Man Crayola coloring pkg, 1 Toy Story 3D Crayola set, 4x 4 packs of yogurt, 3 boxes of Nutrigrain bars + the toys

Name:  38 RAOK for birthday!!! 056.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  254.3 KB

Name:  38 RAOK for birthday!!! 057.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  314.0 KB

Name:  38 RAOK for birthday!!! 058.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  288.6 KB

Name:  38 RAOK for birthday!!! 059.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  292.9 KB

Name:  38 RAOK for birthday!!! 060.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  269.6 KB

Name:  38 RAOK for birthday!!! 061.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  270.0 KB

Name:  38 RAOK for birthday!!! 062.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  277.9 KB

Name:  38 RAOK for birthday!!! 063.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  311.4 KB
    Friday, Sept. 7th

3) I let a young man go in front of me at Giant Tiger who only had 2 items and I had many Friday, Sept. 7th

4) Brought some carts from the cart tingy back to Walmart store on my way in Friday, Sept. 7th

5) Little RAOK for my son son who wanted to change the water in his aquarium today, we started off taking the water out, then I suggested taking all the gravel & decorations out, washing everything & then moving his mollies into the larger tank & moving his single angel fish into the smaller tank, at the end when we were all done he said " I really appreciate all your help with this, I know it was alot of work but my mollies seem happier now", he's only 9 and he breeds mollies for a hobby. Saturday, Sept 8th

6) My oldest son lost a beta fish during the move from Grandma's house to home, I emptied the tank, removed all the ornaments + rocks and did a super duper clean up for the next fish if he chooses to get another Sunday, Sept. 9th

7) I surprise DH with a special request Dinner, DH over the years has been wanting to have chicken hearts & gizzards (I know gross) but anyways I finally made it for him yesterday after 17 years of marriage (lol) and he said it reminded him of how his grandmother use to cook it, he loved it Sunday, Sept 9th

8) Stopped to tell someone their horse was having problems walking as the rope around it's neck slipped around it's front foot, Tuesday, Sept. 11th

9) Pick up a box of tim bits for the girls at the dog groomers for their break, as my golden retriever was getting his quarterly trim & pamper, Thursday, Sept. 13

10) Unloaded most of my groceries at G&T and then the cashier called for another cashier to come to a 2nd cash, I volunteered to pack up my stuff and move to the next lane as the cash I was at sold cigarettes and I didn't need any, so I move over to the next cash,
    Thursday, Sept. 13

11) Did DH's groceries for his hunting weekend, Thursday, Sept. 13

12) So yesterday I was drooling & waiting for the kids to get home from school to eat these homemade hamburger patties that looked awesome, I put 3 aside for my brother in law who is staying with us until my in-laws new house is built, there were 4 left and I couldn't wait to taste them, then the boys asked if they could invite Grandma who is alone because my husband & father-in-law are gone for the weekend and I wanted to say no but couldn't refuse they two boys request so off to get Grandma they went (next door) and so younger son took 1 burger with fries, older son had 2 burgers with fries, grandma took 1 burger and I had no burgers or fries....they apparently tasted really really good so the boys said (drool). Thursday, Sept. 13

13) Sending RAOK coupon envy to new SC member with below 10 itrader, mailing today, Friday, September 14th

14) I had a doctor's appointment today and she was running late because she had to deliver a baby (GP delivers babies out here in the boom docks - lol), so I'm talking to the receptionist when this lady comes up to the desk and has to cancel for dietcian appointment, the receptionist asks why and the poor lady starts crying that she just came from the hospital which is connected to the hospital, that she just had a miscarriage, the poor lady couldn't stop crying, I rubbed her arms & shoulders and told her that I felt really badly for her and that althought I don't know what she's going through I can't imagine the pain for miscarrying.
    Friday, September 14th

15) I also picked up two lovely white chocolate cupcakes for my doctor and her nurse, they were super happy, Friday, September 14th

16) I noticed yesterday that a fellow SC'er had a certain coupon that she was looking for on the trading thread, so today when doing groceries I picked up some for her, also sending her a few surprises in her envy as well, I hope sdddmd enjoys her envy,
    Friday, September 14th

17) Noticed anothe SC member was looking for coupons, etc for her trip to ONT. so I offered her some coupons and mail the 1 she was going to use. Tuesday, Sept. 18th

18) Put two water bottles in our mailbox with a note saying how much I appreciate the mailwoman's work and kindness, Wed, Sept. 19th

19) Sent a note to my brother Danny saying that I'm thinking of him,
    Wed. Sept. 19th (borrowed from Lola)

20) Sent a note to my brother Danny saying that I'm thinking of him,
    Wed. Sept. 19th (borrowed from Lola)

21) I was sitting outside this am drinking my coffee when I noticed a RONA delivery truck pull in the driveway across the street, the house is vacant and no one lives there as it's for sale, I walked over to the delivery man and asked him if I could help it ended up that it was a delivery for drywall mud for my-in-laws new house, Wed. Sept. 19th

22) Smiled at everyone I saw today even though I was having a crappy day,
    Thursday, Sept. 20th

23) Sent a bunch of stickers to school with my youngest son with a card for the teacher to give out the stickers as she wished, Thursday, Sept. 20th

24) Let a lady go before me when leaving the doctors office. Thursday, Sept. 20th

25) Today made cookies with my 9 year old son who likes baking and knows his way around the kitchen (yeah). Saturday, Sept. 22nd

26) My oldest son went over to his friends house for a couple of hours, gave the husband/father and envy of coupons I thought they could use and a play by play of how to use coupons, price matching etc. Saturday, Sept. 22nd

27) Then when the father dropped off my son I sent my oldest son back out with two baggies full of cookies for the family. Saturday, Sept. 22nd

28) Sent my mother in law with a bag of cookies,
    Sunday, Sept. 23rd

29) Made a lovely dinner for my two boys, my mom & mother in law,
    Sunday, Sept. 23rd

30) Purchased pumpkin pie for my youngest son, his fav, Tuesday, Sept. 25

31) Purchased my son's fav. bread, Tuesday, Sept. 25th

32) Called an old friend who I haven't spoken too in a while, Tuesday, Sept. 25th

33) I returned the car that the garage lent me for a couple of days while it was being repaired with 1/2 tank of gas which was more than was in it when I left, Tuesday, Sept. 25th

34) Seen a lady at FreshCo using coupons, so I told her about our Monthly Coupon Exchange/swap, Tues, Sept. 25th

35)

36) I was driving and no one was behind me so I let the busy (mouth full of goodies) cross the road, Tuesd. Sept. 25

37) Went out for dinner with family (kids & hubby) and offered brother-in-law leftovers, Tuesday, Sept. 25th

38) Let hubby and brother in law finish off my birthday "chinese food take out", Wed., Sept. 26th
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger, Walmart, Rona
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Natalka, Ceren, mickpalace and 9 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

How incredibly awesome of you! WTG!

Name:  39572image001_43953_39572_1.gif
Views: 740
Size:  37.6 KB
    Mystic, ssbean, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks Natalka it made me feel really good, and all the toys will be given out for birthdays or just put in the playroom, I was told by the lady that I dropped the stuff off to that it was a childs birthday this week....so I felt even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    How incredibly awesome of you! WTG!

Name:  39572image001_43953_39572_1.gif
Views: 740
Size:  37.6 KB
    Natalka, Mystic, ssbean and 1 others like this.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

awesome!! i'm sure the toys will be very much appreciated at the shelter. brighten some kids day who are having a not so easy life!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, You are so Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

very amazing, wonderful and generous idea. What a wonderful way to celebrate your bday

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Nice idea. Really generous of you!

BTW - love your chev malibu, we used to have on thats how I could spot what it was
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    237 (100%)

what a great thought.
    looking at joining fresh points use fitzgirl as a referal and get 150pts and i get 50pts.

easy points to redeemed for gift cards.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Birthday to you and I am amazed my yourr generosity to give.I am sure all the ROAK will be appreciate by the people or organization.I am super excited to see the others ones for the remaining days
    Mystic, ssbean and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    437 (100%)

such a great idea. you inspired me to do the same on my birthday
    JOIN SWAGBUCKS AND START EARNING
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Ceren
    JOIN SUPERPOINTS AND START EARNING-25 BONUS POINTS-!!NEW!!
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/8pos4f

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

What a generous, well thought out birthday plan! Not only do you get to feel special on more than just your actual birthday.....you are sharing that special feeling with your whole community! Hmmm...you've given me the urge......must perform random RAOK on way home from work! Thank you for paying it forward and I will ROAK today in honour of your special day

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks to Bargain_Hunter_Lola who posted a link in her RAOK train, I can't take the credit for the idea. That would be fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceren View Post
    such a great idea. you inspired me to do the same on my birthday
    Mystic and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks that's so very kind of you! Have a fantastic weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by sctich View Post
    What a generous, well thought out birthday plan! Not only do you get to feel special on more than just your actual birthday.....you are sharing that special feeling with your whole community! Hmmm...you've given me the urge......must perform random RAOK on way home from work! Thank you for paying it forward and I will ROAK today in honour of your special day
    Mystic and ssbean like this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Wow. What a great and amazing thing to do.
    I am one of those people who always think it's better to give than to receive.
    And clearly you think so too.
    I'm sure you get an amazing feeling everytime you do a RAOK.
    Happy Birthday, and have fun sharing your 38.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

You are amazing! Very generous donation!
    Mystic and jasperandchar like this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information