User Tag List

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Chocolate Bar Promo?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krazytwacy View Post
    Sorrey misspelt you are corret I am not home will be soon I will get rid of the pic and cover the names sorry every one
    Not a big deal . FB info is available to everyone if they ( posters ) decide to make it public.

Its their job to make it and keep it private and confidential. anyone has access to the SDM FB page , so the info is available for the general public to see anyways.

But yes its better if you hide the info even though its a public and not private group out there on the SDM FB page.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Here's the math if anyone wants to do a regular redemption, IF they can find a store not limiting quantities.

Option 1

Buy 32 bars
    Cost $64 + tx
    Total $72.32 (ontario at 13% tx)
    Redeem 38K points for $60
    OOP $12.32
    Points earned 64K for an increase of 26K points (worth over $30 in regular redemption rate)

Option 2
    Buy 44 bars
    Cost $88.00 plus tx
    Total cost $99.44 (ontario tx at 13%)
    Redeem 50K points for $85.00
    OOP $14.44
    Points earned 88k (increase in 33K points)

Might try to do option 1 if the store I was at on Sunday has not placed limits on the bars.

Chocolate lasts for a VERY LONG time if stored in a dry place, Forever in the fridge or freezer if you have the discipline to leave it there.
    queenkathy likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

I went to 8 different SDM's today and every one of them is sold out.

It's such a great deal for us and such a bad deal for SDM I can see them not restocking the shelves or changing their computers so you only get 8000 bonus points per transaction no matter how many you buy.

We shall see I guess.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx123 View Post
    I went to 8 different SDM's today and every one of them is sold out.

It's such a great deal for us and such a bad deal for SDM I can see them not restocking the shelves or changing their computers so you only get 8000 bonus points per transaction no matter how many you buy.

We shall see I guess.
    I only bothered to go to one sdm today and the shelves were cleared out too. I guess the real winners were on saturday. I won't even bother wasting my time and gas checking the other sdms

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I went to to the one by my work..only 1 caramilk and 4 dark chocolate..I dont want dark so I passed...came back to the one I went to yesterday that no one had touched but me....almost all gone except for caramilk and some almond and 1 toffee===20 more for me

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I think its kinda funny that people who participated in the whole chocolate bonus points deal are not worried because they then used the points they gained to even out and get another redemption of other stuff they can use. You realise that if they do decide to claw-back the points that they will still take the points back but from whatever is left on your card?

So for example if you had 38,000 to begin with and after doing the chocolate redemption and then using the chocolate points to do another regular redemption therefore not really using/osing any points you would still have those 38,000 on your card right? Well whats to stop them from taking that as a claw back? Nothing, its the same thing.
    I'm not worried because what's done is done. Sure if they take all my points I'll be sad, but so what? I got what I needed, I got a whole lot of chocolate, and I had a fun experience. But I don't believe they'll be taking points away.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by t's_mama View Post
    is this promo done?

I'm just starting out with Shoppers Optimum because I am impressed with how quickly people seem to accumulate points. any suggestions for a beginner?
    The promo runs until Sept 23rd. Many stores are limiting the number of bars you can buy though. The reason it was so popular this weekend was because of bonus redemption, in which you could spend your point on chocolate bars, earn back more points than you spent, and only have to pay the tax.

There are other products in the promo too. I don't have the link, but if you check out the Shoppers website and then click on the 50th anniversary banner, and then view all promotions, you'll be able to see the products involved, and what you have to buy to earn the bonus points.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Don't forget the staff. Yesterday I saw a stack of them behind the counter, and the stock boy was telling his coworker about the free chocolates. I think it's fair for the store to limit. Store I went to today had limit 4. You still profit from 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexyphil View Post
    It's not just Shoppers that are hiding the cadbury bars it's other hoarders too, I watched one guy load up a basket with over a hundred bars and the turn the cardboard display around so it was facing the wall. (he was probably suprised to come back to an empty rack as I took my 112 bars(enough for a redemption)
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Unfortunately, you cannot redeem for gift cards....we would all be lining up for those if we could.
    So many coupons....so little time!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've read through a couple threads, but have yet to see anything about when this promo ends? Can someone tell me?

& also, what exactly do I have to do?
    "Be who you are & say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter
    & those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

cheryls
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I can't see them restocking .. seems like they planned it almost

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Promo ends on Sept 23rd

Buy 4 participating Kraft products and receive 8000 bonus points.
    Participating products can be found here: http://50.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/in-...ls/all-offers/
    Click on the product and it will open up a page that dictates what you need to buy to receive the points on the side, with details listed on the bottom in fine print (like weights of products).

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The reason you're seeing so many chocolate buys is that they are currently on sale 2/$4. Buying 4 chocolate bars is the cheapest way to earn 8000 points.

There is no limit listed, but stores reserve the right to limit the amount you can buy per person/transaction. You can buy more than 4 and still receive the extra BP (ie, buy 12 receive 24,000 bonus points in one transaction).

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Also if you're interested, the Dove Go Fresh deodorant is on sale 2/$5 ($3.99 for one). Buy 3 for $8.99 and you earn 1500BP. I didn't stack during my transactions, but I imagine if the chocolate allows you to earn more in one transaction, you could probably do the same with the deodorant.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    The reason you're seeing so many chocolate buys is that they are currently on sale 2/$4. Buying 4 chocolate bars is the cheapest way to earn 8000 points.

There is no limit listed, but stores reserve the right to limit the amount you can buy per person/transaction. You can buy more than 4 and still receive the extra BP (ie, buy 12 receive 24,000 bonus points in one transaction).
    They fixed it as there is now a limit of 8000 bonus points per transaction with this promo.( I found out tyhe hard way and purchased 16 bars and only recieved 8000 points.)(but I can't complain as I did get over 200,000 this weekend)
    Cornershopapp.ca Get your first 3 deliveries for Free

https://cornershopapp.com/en-ca/r/wvm84steq

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information