User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree515Likes

Thread: Potential Chocolate Promo Problems (renamed)

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i contacted another shoppers i go to frequently - located in sylvan lake alberta ( 403-887-5392 ) and she provided me with additional information. Said that in our district there are 21 shoppers, alll 21 have have had the promotion deal stopped and completely pulled from the system. She said that since this was a "national" promotion, she was not able to tell me what is happening in other districts. So this is why I am not able to get any further bonus points from this deal, sounds like it is still up and running in other areas, lucky for those who are still getting points.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post

I never said they were definatley going to take back points, i said they may, as head office told me they did not know what was going to happen with the points.
    They may decide to become a store that only sells products to people who have blue hair. Why panic over something that MAY happen and just as well might not happen? This is a smart company that makes billions of dollars (with a B) every quarter. They don't do stupid things. Why all these panicky posts all the time in this forum?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
    flyingdutch and luckbealady like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shoppersaholic View Post
    Sounds lime someone thinks posting that here will dissuade people from buying them and leave stock for them.

Even is you believe the op, and you believe the op accurately said what the SDM csr said, where did SDM say ANYTHING about taking pints away the op used as the most provocative title possible??? NO WHERE

just stop
    They have stock in at my shoppers, but i did not buy them as there were no bonus points attached to them. For clarification to you about removing points: I was the one whom asked shoppers head office if they plan on taking back points, she said they did Not Know What was going to happen with those points.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    They wont end it early, they will just do what they did before and not stock the item and actually limit it to one per transaction as they originally advertised it at
    Did they advertise one bonus per transaction, or did this come from a poster who got it from a (possibly misinformed, or guessing) CSR?

I think some stores not putting the chocolate and Ritz crackers out on the shelves, and some stores imposing their own limits, is all that will happen. Bad for hoarders and profiteers, but everybody else should still be able to get a nice little haul of free junk food.
    thriftygranny likes this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    i think about to spend my remaining points before they take them. lol
    Thank-You. I am thinking about doing that today. Wonder what would happen if I were to transfer some my points to family member?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Do those 21 stores have the same owner? This might explain why they are no longer distributing points in your area, but it doesn't mean the points will get taken away after the fact. You admitted yourself that you asked them and they didn't know the answer. So just because someone is uninformed at head office doesn't mean a scenario you are fearing will actually happen. I agree with a previous poster, this headline is very provocative and has no substance to back it up. The sky may fall tomorrow too
    i contacted another shoppers i go to frequently - located in sylvan lake alberta ( 403-887-5392 ) and she provided me with additional information. Said that in our district there are 21 shoppers, alll 21 have have had the promotion deal stopped and completely pulled from the system. She said that since this was a "national" promotion, she was not able to tell me what is happening in other districts. So this is why I am not able to get any further bonus points from this deal, sounds like it is still up and running in other areas, lucky for those who are still getting points.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
    flyingdutch and Valerey like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since it is a national promotion, and the bonus points are advertised on the website, anyone shopping in these 21 stores can call the national customer service line and ask to have the points added.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They have stock in at my shoppers, but i did not buy them as there were no bonus points attached to them. For clarification to you about removing points: I was the one whom asked shoppers head office if they plan on taking back points, she said they did Not Know What was going to happen with those points.
    Yes, they said NOTHING about taking away points, but you made that up for the title here to cause a panic??

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People are panicked because SDM let hundreds of thousands of points be stolen from people in December of 2011. Shoppers totally STIFFED many, many people who had collected points all year, only to get ripped off just before the holidays.

There is a post on SDM FB page by a woman who had the bars taken out of her hands this morning and told the promotion was suspended. I think it's just a matter of time until they contact all the stores and suspend it nationally.

On the same SDM FB page there are links to people selling Cadbury bars on Kijiji. How sad is that. No doubt why they suspended the promotion. I dare say this is yet another example of greed killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

sorry if i have offended anyone with my post. Was just sharing something that had happened with me at my shoppers and what the store told me, and what the head office has told me, and what a second shoppers store has told me this morning.

If it sounds like i was panicing over losing points, well yeah i guess i sorta am. I mean, sounds like there is a "possibility" of losing all the points i thought i had profitted, thats not a big deal. But to lose 75,000 points i redeemed is a big deal for me because i try to use most my points for Christmas gifts. Clearly this promo is still going strong in other areas, thats is awesome.

suppose i should have kept this info to myself. But for those in my area ( of 21 shoppers ) maybe just ask before you buy 40 bars, you might be redeeming alot of points but get very little few back in return.

Cheers ^_^

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They said clearly on their FB page that points would not be taken away, I can see them ending it early by not stocking, but removing points has caused PR headaches for them in the past, i doubt they want that again.
    A good lesson in moderation and not advertising the fact you bought 300 or whatever in general though
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The 21 stores would have to pull the items, they cant set their own BPs, its set up in the system
    flyingdutch and Valerey like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Thank-You. I am thinking about doing that today. Wonder what would happen if I were to transfer some my points to family member?
    If they do remove points, your card can go into negative and they can ban cards from transfers or remove points from cards involved in transfers (as someone mentioned happened in 2011)
    PammieD likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    They said clearly on their FB page that points would not be taken away, I can see them ending it early by not stocking, but removing points has caused PR headaches for them in the past, i doubt they want that again.
    A good lesson in moderation and not advertising the fact you bought 300 or whatever in general though
    Exactly. They just won't stock the shelves until this is over. I went yesterday and my store still had some and I still got the points.

I look at something like this as gambling...I didn't redeem any points/spend any money I couldn't afford to loose. So if they take back my points (and I am out the points I rdeemed for) then oh well. It's not like I am out 95,000+pts. Sure I didn't reap as huge a reward but I won't loose much either. Calculated risk.
    FallenPixels and flyingdutch like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi: ws in to my shoppers they had 12bars, was told that the 8000 points promo has been stopped as of Monday morning due to error. So i did not purchase any. Came home, looked at Shoppers web site BUT the promo 8,000 points still on thier site says until Sept 23.

So I just called in to shoppers head office. 1 - 800 - 746 - 7737. Head office informed me the promo right now has been stopped / on hold as they are all awaiting further information, said it was a HUGE GLITCH. I asked if they will take points away: She said she does not know whats going to happen at this point.

So as I expressed my confusion, head office also does not know any more than I do at this point. But she took my phone number and said when there is a final decision over whats up or what is going to happen with points will call me back.

This is insane, i have already given 20 bars away. so i can not get a refund on those. i bought over 80 these damn bars. Only because of the points. If they made some mistake - they should have to just suck it up. As i was speaking with her - i just felt ill. oh i really hope they don't take back points but they may. Well i told her they really need to atleast take it off their website. I could just throw up right now. I spent 75,000 points on these bars, sure maybe they will give me a refund on the bars ( minus the 20 i have given away - probably out that $ 40.00 ) but i already know they won't give me the 93,000 points I actually profitted from them. If they take my points back , i will never step foot in another shoppers ever again!

can everyone pleasssse phone shoppers and complain. so atleast they know that customers will be quite upset if they lose points over this chocolate bar promo. Maybe call into you local shoppers to let them know your confused and concerned about your points.

sorry for this rant .....
    Just out of curiousity, were you buying the Cadbury Dairy Milk bars, Cadbury Caramilk, Cadbury Burnt Almond bars?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information