User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Unexplained event

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thank's for all your comments/suggestions and just overall sharing something about this. I did hear stories over the years about things like this, but it was always about somebody i knew or someone that knew someone...which i was perfectly fine with as long as it didnt involve me! Maybe deep deep down it was in fact a dream and i just convinced myself it wasnt ...who knows but it sure felt real to me.
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    If I leave my bedroom closet open I get visited by the dead. When I was little my parents said I would have full conversations. I remember one lady use to come to me a lot. She would sit on my bed and she would talk to me. It never really scared me until I got older and told people. One time a different lady came to me and told me her sister is dead and near water in the dark. The next day I saw on the news that a women was found in a garbage bag under a bridge by the river!! Totally freaked out my family!! The last time I left my closet open was for my friend's mom that died. It took a few nights but she came. She was sitting on a plastic lawn chair in rose print pjs. She told me tons of things! But when I told my friend what she was wearing ...she had to sit down. They buried her in those pjs!!! Who buries people in pjs?
    really!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmel View Post
    really!!
    It is really cool to dh

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i have had situations like that.i have had weird dreams about certain dates and then things happened.i dont think im a medium but if i have a weird feeling about a day i dont feel like leaving bed to even go about my day..deja vu's i hate.it wacks my whole day...

i think it could have been paranormal,if you dont have any bad feelings maybe something will come to you when youre asleep.sleep journals are awesome.next to the bed,write your dreams down,even silly or insignificant,you get clues...good luck
    Abby5 likes this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    i have had situations like that.i have had weird dreams about certain dates and then things happened.i dont think im a medium but if i have a weird feeling about a day i dont feel like leaving bed to even go about my day..deja vu's i hate.it wacks my whole day...

i think it could have been paranormal,if you dont have any bad feelings maybe something will come to you when youre asleep.sleep journals are awesome.next to the bed,write your dreams down,even silly or insignificant,you get clues...good luck
    Oh, i did get some deja vus before but just brushed them off as many places or situations can look similar.
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Awesome, I am not alone! The women is my Mom's side of the family all have had these sorts of encounters. My mother used to see her grandmother sitting in the living room every time myself or my brother were sick as children, watching over us and her. My great-grandmother had a very distinctive walk and the night she passed away my aunt heard her coming down the hall because she had asked my great-gran to come back to say goodbye - well she did.

As for me, I am rather sensitive to that sort of stuff I feel and get weird intuitions semi-frequently. The thing I suggest for anyone who gets freaked out by this stuff is, if you feel unsafe or want whatever it is to be gone, imagine yourself being surrounded in white light... poof, you're good. Sounds silly, but it works.
    Kalmel likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Alicia, I think it can roam around in families- extra sensitivities and connections or different talents. I have had too many odd occurances to call it a coincidence and they're super detailed and exact but I don't have control over it as in it comes when it does. My grandmother was like that, so is one of my nieces and she started with it as soon as she could talk- before 2, way before the filter. It sounds as though it has been in the family for many generations but not all have it. For myself I think of it more like a spirit to spirit connection. There are just certain people i have inexplicable connections to where I just know stuff about them I shouldn't.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hearing, seeing things/people before things happen are called forerunners.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

You're lucky! When I hear voices late at night it's usually a telemarketer or someone on behalf of a political party.
    glenglen and Kalmel like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

But i wasnt even fully asleep.. i even remember hearing my hubby snoring..lol It's hard to explain, but you know when your feeling like your falling asleep but your not at that point yet? you can still hear sounds around you but just too tired to open your eyes? Just the other night, i was at that point and i could still hear my cats running up and down my hallway.. it just felt way too real...
    I have this all the time when I'm sleeping at my boyfriend's house. I've slept at his house hundreds of times, the house/room/sounds aren't unfamiliar to me, so it's not that. I'll be lying in bed 75% asleep but still conscious, and start talking to him. I'll be half dreaming, I can hear his mom upstairs watching TV or talking on the phone and he might be sitting at the computer doing something and not even respond to me, but when I eventually 'wake up' I often have to ask him if we were just talking or if I was dreaming.

You mentioned you were too tired to open your eyes, and that's often when this happens to me, when I've had a very long day and am very tired.

I wouldn't think too much about it, I've thankfully never had that experience (I would have salted all my windows, if I had), but it's probably nothing paranormal. The human brain is a crazy amazing thing and can do way more than you realize.
    Kalmel likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    Hearing, seeing things/people before things happen are called forerunners.
    Can you tell me more about this?? i never heard of this before.
    operabob and glenglen like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I had a experience years ago I seen someone coming down the stairs when I was sleeping like they were hovering over me I read that this is some sort of figment of the mind so i wouldn't worry about the dream too much!
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Can you tell me more about this?? i never heard of this before.
    I wasn't the one who mentioned forerunners, but I will answer your question anyway

Forerunners (aka harbinger) usually signify the passing of someone prior to their death. They are very prominent in folklore - I know I've heard about them a lot as a kid in my family along the South Shore of NS. The most well known one I can think of is the "knock three times" on the wall from an unexplained source foretelling death. Other ones include birds getting into the house, seeing a single crow (remember the rhyme "one for sorrow, two for joy, three for girl, four for boy, five for silver, six for gold, seven for the secret, never to be told"), plants blooming out of season, etc.

I'm no expert whatsoever but I find these sorts of things very interesting - the day my grandfather passed away, about six hours prior to that there was a single crow sitting on the roof right outside my window. Now it's not unusual seeing crows outside my window, but it was unusual to not see it in the tree and right on close up to the window on the shingles. I dunno - might be one of those cases of finding what you're looking for in retrospect, but I do recall thinking it was mighty odd.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My first husband's grandfather with whom he was very close, died 2 weeks before our wedding. When we went to his funeral, we all got out of the car, my husband had the keys in his hand. The car was locked, but it was still running. A little freaky!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.Hamlet, scene v
    operabob likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information