User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Mad as a wet....

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

The flyer delivery guy left my flyers out in the rain....they are soaking wet......ggggggrrrrrrrrr
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    saveadollardiva likes this.
    ....just be happy

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have had that happen before! I feel your pain!
    Stifler likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

GAH - I know that's rough, happens here sometimes too...
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Mine were too. The past month they've managed to toss them under my porch roof, but this time....left on the step in the open...GAH!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Call your distribution center and have them bring out a new set for you. The delivery people should know better and if you don't let the center know you are not happy nothing will change.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Awww. That just sucks!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've found that the flyer distributers just don't really care. They make approximately 3 cents per flyer that they distribute. Their route has about 300 houses, so it takes about 1-2 hours to complete. If they're smart they will have at least 4 flyer routes at once, so that they make about 10 cents per house with all the flyers. The weight of the flyers is astronomical! While I'm very glad that someone does this job so that I can save money, I try not to get too picky as the person delivering them does a horrible job for very little money.
    GoJays, tjthemanto and MillieH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

So annoying when that happens but it's nice that that your rant. Life could be worse
    MillieH likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Did you call and ask for a new set of papers. They will deliver you a new one. I've had that happen before too, I think most of us have and it's extremely annoying. Next time you see the delivery person, you should ask them to please wrap you papers when it's raining and explain what happened. Hopefully they'll get the hint and not do it to you again.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

so sad thank goodness for SC!!!!!
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Did you call and ask for a new set of papers. They will deliver you a new one. I've had that happen before too, I think most of us have and it's extremely annoying. Next time you see the delivery person, you should ask them to please wrap you papers when it's raining and explain what happened. Hopefully they'll get the hint and not do it to you again.
    You do know it's kids who deliver the paper, right? It's a paper....leave it in the garage and it will dry....your smart source coupons won't fall apart.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    You do know it's kids who deliver the paper, right? It's a paper....leave it in the garage and it will dry....your smart source coupons won't fall apart.

No, I don't know that. In my area, it's an adult, perhaps it's a child in your area, but that doesn't mean that it's only kids who deliver it.
    Whether it's a child or an adult, they should try and be a bit more respectful. When you are paid to do a job (no matter what the amount), you should always give it 100%.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Sat, Nov 17th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    I've found that the flyer distributers just don't really care. They make approximately 3 cents per flyer that they distribute. Their route has about 300 houses, so it takes about 1-2 hours to complete. If they're smart they will have at least 4 flyer routes at once, so that they make about 10 cents per house with all the flyers. The weight of the flyers is astronomical! While I'm very glad that someone does this job so that I can save money, I try not to get too picky as the person delivering them does a horrible job for very little money.
    It really depends on who you get. I assure you that a lot of them do actually care, but again it all depends on who you have/speak to. It is very little money and it is very hard work I know because as a child my sister and I had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    No, I don't know that. In my area, it's an adult, perhaps it's a child in your area, but that doesn't mean that it's only kids who deliver it.
    Whether it's a child or an adult, they should try and be a bit more respectful. When you are paid to do a job (no matter what the amount), you should always give it 100%.
    Holly is completely right, there are actually a lot of adult carriers. I have 2 friends who do it as well as my mother does it when my brother doesn't so technically she is an adult carrier as well.

Holly is also right about no matter what age or what job you should still be giving 100%. As a child my sister and I delivered and I assure you we most definitely hated it so bad but we still did as we were told. We has specific instructions that each paper had to be in the persons mail box, you could not throw the paper because you could damage peoples property this way and obviously you bag the papers in the spring, fall and winter because even if it isn't snowing or raining when you deliver doesn't mean it isn't going to within the next 24 hours.

I remember I was so young that in December I could only carry two papers at a time from the buggy to peoples boxes because they were so heavy with all the christmas and toy flyers. We atleast made fun of it as we could but we definitely both hated it. And remember children get paid even less then adult carriers do. About half less.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Actually , I see more and more adults doing this than kids in lot of places that I have been too.

Most of them have jobs but are still finding it hard to make ends meet , hence take up jobs like this to get an extra source of income , however small that source of income might be.

But in your area it could be kids .

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

If delivery people (kids or adults) are leaving papers in areas where they can get wet, that isn't acceptable, as long as there is a dry spot for these papers. The fact that carriers make very little money is not an excuse to do a sloppy job. Our boys have been delivering papers for years and yes it is very little money, but money isn't everything. They learn to stick to a task, to do it well, and to save their money.....all lessons that appear to be lost somewhat in today's society. They also learn that every little bit adds up if saved....and the (now) $6 per time they make really makes a difference in the long term. Our youngest will have enough money to pay for his first semester of university (including books) and this is just from paper route money saved up. We have gone over this with our boys at a young age and they have learned the value of saving....and it all started with a paper route....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information