User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Danier Leather Deal - Would you pay this price?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

So I was just at Goodwill, and they had a Danier Leather coat for $50.00 - no tax.

Now $50 is a lot to spend at Goodwill, but $50 is not a lot to spend at Danier.

So I bought it because if I didn't someone else would and I can return it.

Wondering what my fellow SC's would do.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Danier
    linnyeg, ssbean and cath007 like this.
    Couponing Since 2011

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

YES! Great deal, I'd say! I've found leather jackets not nearly as good looking at VV for $50+....which I had to return (and got hassled by VV) because it had ripped leather on the pockets. I'd say that's a score! I'm on the hunt for a leather jacket from the thrift store so I think you got a great deal, congrats!
    ssbean and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

It's a very nice jacket. I have a black winter one in what seems to be an identical style. I've always been afraid to buy a second-hand leather jacket because I think I'd want to have it cleaned, and I've never investigated the cost of having a leather jacket professionally cleaned.

Sigh... now I really want knee-length leather and suede skirts to come back into style enough to be able to wear one and look conservative wearing it!
    Natalka, ssbean and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Bought it too I bought 3 years ago a lovely coat on leather red...italian and it was 40$ no tax...compared to the 80$ + taxes...still and love and no regrets
    Natalka, ssbean and r0c0upons like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I love your coat

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

If it fits you well, and is comfy, keep it, it's a great deal!

Last year picked up a great leather jacket for husband at VV, I think it was 25.
    ssbean and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

For me it was my dream to have one...and a fashion one but not with a ruining wallet lol
    And I did the good choice...san francisco store had one black and it was no veritably leather and black....at 80$ + taxes....glad I checked at others places...I love to compare and check all the places before making an important purchase...shoes-boots-clothes and etc

see my philosophy of shopping: right place right moment right deal right price imao
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not a bad deal if it looks great on you, and it's like new! I've seen a lot of Danier coats at Value Village for $20-$40 around here though.

If you can wait until half price day, you can get some really good deals. I bought a Danier suede coat for $12.50 once! If you don't care about brand names, I've gotten leather coats for as low as $6.50.

If you have any church run thrift stores around you, you might be able to find even better deals. I've gotten leather jackets for $1 each!
    cath007 likes this.
    >>BRAND NAMES up to 90% off* - join BEYOND THE RACK and get $10 FREE!<<
    *amended the percentage due to recent sales

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Very nice jacket and it looks to be in great condition. If you love the fit, I would keep it.
    cath007 likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

leather for $50 is a great deal. I paid over $350 for a scarf last weekend and I thought I did good
    cath007 likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post

see my philosophy of shopping: right place right moment right deal right price imao
    I love your quote!
    cath007 likes this.
    Couponing Since 2011

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

love the cut of the coat, the length, the pockets and collar. Looks to be in mint condition too. No rips and all buttons intact. It is a colour that is pretty timeless too and goes with alot.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Love it and as a nice color. I am sure you look beautifull wearing it.......good fin

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sometimes when you see something you love, and would really put to good use, getting it at a good price still is giving you good value.

not everything can be gotten at the absolute cheapest, but that's life
    r0c0upons likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

For that coat, yes, if it fits well. It should last a long time.

I've had Danier leather coats for years. My first one when I was 15, wore it until I was 22 and sadly grew out of it because of my belly. If i could fit into it I could still wear it, a little bit of wear here and there, but it was worn a lot.

My second leather coat I just got three years ago and it looks like new. I got it at Danier, sits at my hip with a zipper instead of buttons. I got it on sale for around $150. I am still wearing it today, got it in a nice dark brown color.

Convinced my husband to buy a leather coat from Danier at a sale two years ago, he loves it and wears it all seasons, paid around $100 for it. It looks pretty good still.

We have been rough with our coats, they are not sprayed in protectant, and we have gotten them wet from rain and snow many times. The only thing I find is that after about 5 years the lining may need to be repaired. I would never pay full price for their coats, but their sales are fantastic. Your find at the second hand store is even better.

Congrats on your new coat, wear it and enjoy it.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information