• 1 Post By TaraF
  • 1 Post By Andit
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By TaraF

Thread: My first press release!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Okay so a few of us don't see eye to eye on politics *smiles* but that's ok, but I did want to share this with you guys since it's a big deal for me and I'm kind of excited over it. This is my first press release of what is sure to be many more to come, it was drafted by a friend in media relations and submitted to the media yesterday. We, (myself, my husband, Jon Allen and another friend we've worked closely with) will be present in the House of Commons in the Member's Gallery when the petitions are presented, which should be shortly.

For Immediate Release
    TheFightForDemocracy.com

September 28, 2012

THOUSANDS OF PHYSICAL PAPER PETITIONS CALLING FOR INQUIRY INTO ROBOCALLS SUBMITTED TO PARLIAMENT BY PRIVATE CITIZENS
    Petitions mailed in to and collected from across Canada by TheFightForDemocracy.com, a website created in the wake of the apparent 2011 election fraud.

ST. CATHARINES – Meet Tara Ferrell. Ms. Ferrell is the brain-cancer fighting founder of TheFightForDemocracy.com, a website cumorganization that is now petitioning to have a public inquiry or Royal Commission called to investigate the thousands of allegations of voter suppressive election fraud apparently conducted during the 2011 Canadian General Election campaign. In between meetings with her oncologist, Ms. Ferrell began the website as a means of allowing people to print up, sign and mail a petition that she had crafted calling for “an independent, fully empowered Royal Commission into Election Fraud”.

Petitions were mailed by the thousands from across Canada to a post office box in her home town of St. Catharines, Ontario. Today, more than fifteen-hundred physical petitions, created to the specifications of parliament, have been collected and submitted to a representative of the Green Party, who will in turn provide them to the petitions clerk for certification. Certification by the petitions clerk is required before a petition can be presented in parliament. The Green Party is wholly unaffiliated with the petition; they simply offered their assistance in submitting them to the clerk once they learned of the petition’s existence.

Originally inspired after attending a large March 11th rally against the so-called Robocall election fraud, Ms. Ferrell created the petition according to guidelines advised to her by the parliamentary petitions clerk. She did this knowing that, by law, the many electronic petitions floating around online are not technically certifiable by parliament, and therefore did not want to risk her petitions being rejected. The website and petition were advertised at demonstrations against the election fraud, as well as through paid ads on Facebook. The petitions she gathered were attained through mail, as well as in person with the help of her supporting husband Phil Ferrell, volunteers, and friends including Jon Allan, organizer of the three Robocall Rallies in Toronto.

Ms. Ferrell writes, "Canadians need to know that their vote counts, and when the right to vote is being taken away, those responsible need to be held accountable. The response to the presentation of these petitions will be a very telling moment on where Stephen Harper and his Government stand on the issue of election fraud and Canada’s concerns regarding our last Federal Election."

Ms. Ferrell plans on holding a press conference in the near future with Mr. Allan, with whom she worked closely, in order to both bring attention to the demands of Canadian citizens seeking democratic justice, and to discuss the Conservative regime’s response to the submission of the 1523 petitions.

Ideally, both Ms. Ferrell and Mr. Allan have three objectives in mind through their combined campaign.

First, since there is ample evidence that election fraud occurred, and considering that Section Three of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees a free and fair election, a Royal Commission or Public Inquiry must begin immediately.

Second, since a crime has been committed, a criminal investigation must therefore be completed in tandem with a Royal Commission, up to and including the Prime Minister’s office.

Last, since the very most fundamental tenet of Western civilization – democracy – was violated during the 2011 election, it must be acknowledged that the current government is governing illegitimately. And considering the undemocratic manner in which the government is abusing its power by forcing through legislation, manipulating national institutions and purging opposition, all while doing so under the guise of the tainted 2011 election, the current parliament must be dissolved. In fact, all laws following the 2011 election should be nullified. And in order to maintain the legitimacy of the electoral process, a new election should be held immediately – free from voter suppression and election fraud.

The Governor-General and the Prime Minister must take into account the demands and concerns that are not only being expressed via the thousands of petitions submitted by Ms. Ferrell and the thousands who attended demonstrations organized by Mr. Allan, but also by the historic opposition that has been articulating itself across the country through various means.

“Do the right thing, call for a Royal Commission – if only just to maintain the legitimacy of Canada’s democracy,” pleaded Mr. Allan.
    This thread is currently associated with: Independent, Via Rail

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Congratulations Tara thats super and you should be proud "good work"
    anisa and TaraF like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Cool

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Tara, good stuff, congrats
    TaraF likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thanks alot guys! Like I said I know many of us disagree but I'm quite proud of what I've been able to push myself to do. I put my request in to sit in Justins gallery *lol* That hair! *swoon*
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Congrats, Tara!!!

& yes, we'll just agree to disagree.
    TaraF likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Way to go Tara!!

TaraF likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thanks Andit & WalkonBy! We had SUCH a fiasco with the petitions getting to their destination because UPS *CURSE THEM*, well I think Harper moonlights as a UPS driver I couriered the petitions overnight to be delivered by 12 noon the next day, it took the petitions 9 days to get there, after they changed the address 11 times on their OWN without asking the sender or receiver if they could do that.

Apparently they don't know where Parliament Hill is in Ottawa. Seriously, they tried delivering it to a ServiceMaster location and insisted they needed an Apt #. lol and said they needed security clearance to get in (which they do) and that they couldn't get it, when I called my contact in Ottawa I was told that UPS never came a knocking looking to get in. *sighs* The driver even said the recipient requested he take the package back and deliver another day, he infact did not. And would you believe I was told I won't get a refund for their incompetence?!
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Oct 2nd, 2012 at 07:14 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh Lord that is not acceptable, 9 days? Plus no refund? Something smells there Tara.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh Lord that is not acceptable, 9 days? Plus no refund? Something smells there Tara.
    I agree, and here's the thing. I called the 800 UPS number and I was told that I have to seek a refund from where I shipped from because apparently most UPS Stores are actually Mail Boxes Etc and since it wasn't UPS I purchased from (even though it says UPS STORE and so does my receipt), they say they can't refund me. So I go to the store and they say no, UPS has to refund it because they just ship on their behalf. I called the District manager and got a voice mail and just can't be bothered to keep chasing people for a refund. I just refuse to use UPS again and will NEVER reccommend them to ANYONE.
    anisa and walkonby like this.

Thread Information