User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By glowworm2k
  • 1 Post By ninna

Thread: did you use a Belly Bandit or something similar?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm just curious if any of you used one of them (belly bandits) or something similar after giving birth? I am due with my second the first week in decemeber and am considering using something like this. I still looked pregnant after my first when she turned one and I really don't want to be that way this time. I'm considering an ace waist trimmer or something similar since they are like 15 bucks as apposed to 70 bucks for the belly bandit. I'm also not sure exactly when you can start to wear something like this and how long you keep it on. All day or as long as you can stand it?

I am so ready for this baby to be born! LOL but at the same time I know baby isn't ready because its still to early!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    free stuff with swagbucks! Give it a try : > http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/karottz

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I am right there with 'ya.... 27 weeks in, and if it was safe for baby, I'd want to be induced right now. I am very jealous that you'll get to have yours a few weeks before me. Heck, I'm jealous of everyone who has had their kids right now! I'm just kinda ready for a baby and not to be preggers anymore.

I bought a belly bandit off of kijiji for less than half price... if you want the name brand, I would shop second-hand. Personally, I looked at the cheaper ones as there are some good deals on ebay, but I decided I wanted the bamboo belly bandit (which I got) because I was worried about too many synthetic things close to my skin (I have allergies). According to the box, you put it on as soon as you want after birth (you can do it right after you get cleaned up, I guess). It is designed for you to wear it all the time - except for showering, etc. - for maximum effectiveness, and as the material is comfy feeling I can see that working out okay. The woman I bought it from apparently wore it 20+ hours a day for five weeks and said that it was just awesome for her. I can't vouch how well it worked for her as I never saw a "before" pic, but she did look slim, especially as she had a 10-week old!
    ninna and steen like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^ Oh glowowrm2k....if you are tired of being pregnant now, I hate to ask how you'll feel in 10 more weeks. LOL. God, I remember that feeling though. I was never a person who embraced being pregnant. lol. I just wanted to my body back under MY control, thank you very much!!!

There weren't belly bandits when I was preggers so I can't vouch for them or whether or not they work. That being said, remember ladies that it takes 9 months to put this weight on so it's reasonable to conclude it'll take 9 months to take it back off (maybe even more). With my first, I put on 50 lbs and it took forever to get the weight off. Like, easily 1 year or longer. With my second, I put on 50 lbs and walked out of the hospital looking like I'd never been pregnant. Every pregnancy is different.

That being said, I am STILL unable to shed the last 5 pounds (and the youngest is almost 7 years old). Try as I might, I can never seem to get it off; in fact, I've stopped trying. But hell, I would buy a belly bandit if it meant I could get rid of that little kangaroo pouch that I have. Pre-kids, my belly was nice and flat. Post-kids, there's this little round bulge that never goes away no matter how many stupid sit ups I do. Ugh. BUT--would I trade my children in in order to have the flat belly back? No way in hell! The kangaroo pouch is my badge of motherhood, I guess...and I'll proudly keep it.

Good luck in your pregnancies girls! I wish you both speedy deliveries and speedy recoveries!
    steen likes this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am counting down the days Glowworm Both for being off work (which I really cannot wait for) and my due date. I never lost all the weight with my first and currently I am at a higher weight then when I ended with my first so I am pretty depressed about it. I just want the baby out so I can start to lose it. haha I'm sure after the second little one is here I will have a totally different tune when I am so sleep deprived I will be a complete grouch all the time.

I checked kijiji (I never think to look on there for things like this LOL so thanks for the suggestion) unfortunately nothing in my area or surrounding is coming up. I checked ebay but most people are selling them for near cost plus like 20 shipping which is like More then a brand new one and all the cheap reasonable priced ones are from hong kong or china so no thanks. I think I am just going to go check out wally world to see what they have in either their workout section or their support body part section (LOL I don't know what you call that section). I've read that basically anything the holds it in will work. I was considering just buying one new but a lot of reviews I have read is that people find they need a smaller size after a few weeks so 140 for two nope lol.

Ninna I know how much it sucks to try and lose the baby weight. I only managed to get about half way down to what I was normally before my first before I got preggers with this one and that was over a year, although I was so tired and stressed I really didn't try to hard. I'm just hoping that using something like this will help my stomach muscled go back to somewhat what they were like before my first. They stuck out so much even after a year. Like if I was laying down and went to sit up my whole middle section hardened and was like a HUGE paunch coming out from my belly which I totally hate! I know it will never be flat like it was but it has to get better then that I just am totally ready to start losing this weight! ( i gained 50 with my first and so far with this one only 30 but then I started 25 pounds heavier then I was.) I totally cant wait to just be able to hide out for the most part in my house feeling like a beached whale and huge. I hate going to work right now because of that. But having my daughter and i know after this one comes along it will be totally worth it. My little one is such a cutie and makes me laugh everyday
    free stuff with swagbucks! Give it a try : > http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/karottz

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had one of these after my second daughter and it was worth every penny.
    http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....uctId=11946410

My daughter was in the special care nursery so I was back and forth to the hospital a lot and I really credit the belt with helping me feel better much faster after this delivery than with my first. I wore it every day 24/7 except when washing for about 2 weeks.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have seen something similar at Zellers in the baby area. Its worth a look if there is still on open one in your area.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I used the belly bandit the day after my son was born. I was lucky enough to find 2 sizes on Craig's list. I was glad I did, since I was only in the medium for about a month. I had a small in the bamboo which is softer fabric, and worth the extra cost! I kept it on for 20+ hours. It helpped with my posture, and alleviated lower back pain as my body was getting back to normal. Worth the money imo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm so glad to hear to many positive reviews. I am definately going to get something similar to the belly bandit. Or at least check out cheaper options before deciding which to get. The weekend can't come fast enough lol.

Thread Information