User Tag List

Page 194 of 493 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 244 294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by missbee217 View Post
    So I sent someone a small package today (19cm x 20cm) and my options were $18 for 7 day delivery and $36 for 3 day...Plus $1.80 for the insurance!
    I have three different packages to mail out for this and I am getting concerned about how much it is going to cost...The packages are MUCH larger than the one I sent today.
    Based on today, I am guessing it is going to cost around $80 to ship each box...
    In the past, have you found it more cost effective to ship via Fed Ex or send by bus???
    Does anyone else have concerns about the cost of shipping?
    I think last year I mailed a fairly large box (The kid and adult recipients were at the same address) and it was around $30 to mail. I do have a Venture one card (gets a bit of a discount, free tracking and free "expedited" shipping).

I wouldnt stress too much over the cost. Why do you have 3 packages to mail? Isn't it one to an adult buddy and one to a kid buddy? Am I missing something? Off to review the train rules to make sure I am on track still

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Pop Tarts - sure
    Hair Stuff - not really but DD's do - pony tail holders, bobby pins, bandanas, hair bands - they are 15 and 17.
    Passport: yes, but expired
    Earrings: nope.
    Old Dutch Chips - KETCHUP

I got my buddy the BIG one today when I was in Halifax. I hope she loves it - I think it is perfect. If not I am sure she can find another use for it. I could have spent so much, but restrained myself, I have to stop buying and start wrapping and numbering now.

Our plumbing/flood damage is spending the next few days drying out, and we are trying to figure out what new flooring we want etc.

Here is my floor and kitchen in the back of a truck

and here is all our stuff and bare floor:

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

ewwwwwwwwwwww, why so big? used the BB code?

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I like any chip flavour except for Salt and Vinegar! I am on a mission to find Old Dutch chips here that are not the tortilla ones! I have coupons that are burning a hole in my pocket *shakes fist*

I was told Sobey's and FreshCo carry them.....on my lunch break today, I managed to go to the two that do not! ugh!

Did manage to get a few more gifts for my buddy while I was out, so it was a productive trip!

I am trying my hardest to only send one box....buddy, if you get a Tena (or other adult diaper) box, I apologize, but the stuff inside will be awesome!

Trading Score
    327 (100%)

k, I missed a lot of questions and I'm super sorry. I'll answer some now even though I'm sure it's too late.

1. I LOVE homemade items. Scarves, Mitts, Hats, blankets, pot holders, dish cloths, tea towels, etc. So jealous of creative people.

2. I wear makeup. I like Physician's Formula Blush. Could use some concealer as well. (Beige) Not picky about brands too much though. I like subtle colours. I could really use some new makeup brushes.

3. We LOVE Canadian Tire. Especially my 13 year old son.

4. Favourite Hot Beverage would be anything in the Keurig. I love most coffees and some teas, hot chocolate and apple cider.

5. I reaaly prefer McDonald's coffee over Tim's coffee but I LOVE Tim's maple french toast bagel. SOOOOOO good!!!

6. Any cookbooks would be great as I suck at it! I would LOVE more crock pot recipes though.

7. I don't really play sports but I love to watch baseball.

8. Hobbies: stargazing, anything to do with space, couponing, watcing tv, hangin' out with my new boyfriend! Listening to music, watching movies, participating in Quibid auctions!

9.Daily planner: I would love a purse size one.

10. Nail Polish: yes -all colour

11. Art and Crafts: Yes, my 13 yr old son likes to create neat things and my daughter love to draw!

12. Favourite Magazine; Astronomy (It' too expensive )

13. kitchen and bathroom colour: dark brown/ beige /white

14. wall decals: maybe..never had any

15. homemade candy: definitely

16. Yes, I wear earrings

17. I wear scrunchies (I know it's not the 80's but I do anyway) and stay put headbands that doesn't dig into my head.

18. Favourite Body Shop scent is Satsuma.

19. I shave so Razors are cool.

20. I don't really like the taste of alcohol so anything fruity and sweet would be delicious.

21. Personalized things are awesome for me and my kids

22. I love all christmas feel good movies. Especially One Magic Christmas.

23. I would LOVE some cookie cutters. I don't have any at all.

24. Snacks we love are: M&M pretzels, potato chips -ALL KINDS, Mixed Nuts, kinder surprise, beef jerkey, tostitos and salsa, after eight THIN mints and I LOVE Jelly Beans.

25. Love most Dollar Store items

26. I totally could use some tools. I can NEVER find them when I need them.

27. I would LOVE homemade banana bread with chocolate chips. Soooo yummy!

28. I just applied for my passport. My boyfriend and I want to take a trip sometime soon. Yay!!!

29. Favourite Old Dutch Chip Flavour is Dill Pickle.
    Jezebel likes this.
    shop my webstore:
    www.sheenakoe.shopregal.ca

Use this code to save at Well.ca:
    spend40save10now

Trading Score
    327 (100%)

I mostly wear stud earrings and I definitely could use another pair.

We all love Strawberry Pop Tarts here.
    Jezebel likes this.
    shop my webstore:

spend40save10now

Trading Score
    327 (100%)

okay, more answers:

I would LOVE to go to Ireland and Australia.

Fave coupons: $4 Ioga, $5 Chapmans and $5 Gas Card but REALLY want a Diaper FPC. I'm thinking of having another baby soon and would love to start stock piling diapers before.

I use my Iphone for a camera.

Names:
    Boyfriend: Rheal
    Myself: Sheena
    Son: Alex
    Daughter: Danielle

I would totally use Joico products

Favourite Xmas song is "Do They Know It's Christmas"

Girl Guide cookies are okay. I'm sure they would get eaten.

I would love another coupon bag
    Jezebel likes this.
    shop my webstore:

spend40save10now

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have an idea for a Wow gift, but it would definitely work better/be more useful towards the beginning of the month, which would then really make the 25th gift seem anti climatic. I don't care about the order.

do you or your child eat pop tarts ? nope

Do you have a passport?? yes

Do you wear earrings?? yes

or do you like accessories etc for hair ? yes. Simple looking ones

Buddy what is your favourite flavour of old dutch chips? smokey bacon, bbq
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    327 (100%)

totally okay with used DVDs

I take showers but would love to indulge in a nice bath if I had a nice one.
    Jezebel likes this.
    shop my webstore:

spend40save10now

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    I think last year I mailed a fairly large box (The kid and adult recipients were at the same address) and it was around $30 to mail. I do have a Venture one card (gets a bit of a discount, free tracking and free "expedited" shipping).

I wouldnt stress too much over the cost. Why do you have 3 packages to mail? Isn't it one to an adult buddy and one to a kid buddy? Am I missing something? Off to review the train rules to make sure I am on track still

You are not missing anything; I am just in my own little world here...
    RRLF: Cineplex Passes, Optimum Points (and my sanity...I think I lost it a while back )

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ok wow. after nearly finishing putting things in order and wrapping nearly everything. im 1000% positive that if i DO participate in this next year. im DEF. only getting ONE person my oh my. i did enjoy shopping but obviously forgot about the wrapping part.

after nearly 5 hours of it. im tired. more tomorrow then im DONE!
    Jezebel, Ceren, Melissa13 and 3 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

I am not the best wrapper out there so buddy, just look at the pretty paper and ignore all the tears and uneven and lumpy packages.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Oprah's Favorite Things are out for 2012!

I love browsing this list!!

http://www.oprah.com/gift-list/Oprahs-Favorite-Things-2012

What do you guys think of the picks?
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Tue, Nov 6th, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
    scbpooh and Momto2Ks like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Oh My I think I am just sending my package in a rubbermaid container as I can't find a big enough box that is strong enough Buddy is going to either get 2 smaller boxes or a rubbermaid to help store all their Christmas decorations in after the holidays, I am taking both scenarios to my local post office to figure out which will be cheaper.
    scbpooh and julesie-pie like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Re: my kiddies

I would like to know what they are receiving in advance, please! Obviously treats and such doesn't matter, but a few things do!

Thank you!
    ok

So I sent someone a small package today (19cm x 20cm) and my options were $18 for 7 day delivery and $36 for 3 day...Plus $1.80 for the insurance!
    I have three different packages to mail out for this and I am getting concerned about how much it is going to cost...The packages are MUCH larger than the one I sent today.
    Based on today, I am guessing it is going to cost around $80 to ship each box...
    In the past, have you found it more cost effective to ship via Fed Ex or send by bus???
    Does anyone else have concerns about the cost of shipping?
    remember if you have an adult and a child in the same address it is okay to send the items in 1 box ...use venture 1 card !! reduces rate/free insurance/free tracking number/faster delivery to check the cost go to canada post site and put in the measurements of the box and the weight...you will then see an estimated cost...sometimes I add another few pounds and the price hardly changes ! and square boxes cost less to ship than any other shape ....

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    For the Halloween train I paid just under $20 and used my Venture card, I had bought CP's biggest shipping box and it was packed pretty full. That was from Ontario to Manitoba, I'm not sure if distance makes a difference or not. I am hoping this one will cost about the same, though it will probably be more since I think the box has to be bigger lol... or I'll need to use two which will cost more for sure.
    tape your boxes together even if 1 is slightly smaller than the other it will be cheaper as there is a base rate that is always charged...I have taped many boxes together...I have also gone to SDM and got 2 paper towel/TP boxes that are the sAme....you fill one and tape the top around then you slip the other box over and continue filling til you are done then you tape the second box shut and push it tight over the first box...then secure the sides I have also gone to wal-mart and got 2 size 12 mens work boot boxes and filled them then taped them to each other

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post

you are on track

You are not missing anything; I am just in my own little world here...

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlmama04 View Post
    Oh My I think I am just sending my package in a rubbermaid container as I can't find a big enough box that is strong enough Buddy is going to either get 2 smaller boxes or a rubbermaid to help store all their Christmas decorations in after the holidays, I am taking both scenarios to my local post office to figure out which will be cheaper.
    ok I did this in September as I couldn't find a strong sided box ! My sissy was moving to BC to go to University and I sent her hygiene(sp?) items/her favorite snacks/some clothes she forgot/health and beauty items ect and it worked out great as like you said she is using the tote to store her stuff in (I took most of this from my stash of course)
    Bear25, slambert and missbee217 like this.

Thread Information