User Tag List

Page 399 of 493 FirstFirst ... 299 349 389 397 398 399 400 401 409 449 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

I"m mailing tomorrow asap... I just got my buddy's address from Jez but I was at work already so I'm hoping that the baked goods I made last night will withstand another couple of days and that my buddy gets her package before Xmas! I'm gonna send expedited as usual and am glad my buddy lives not that far away, in the same province =)

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    After! I'll be working on my stuff this week, but might not get it all done in time so it'll be by the 28th, but probably not much before that
    ok WHEW I was worried I may be the only one mailing after Christmas but I think Wednesday will just be too late to get it in the mail, it will just sit in the Mississauga hole over Christmas while the baking spoils. It will give me more time to make an awesome gift for my mini buddy too Thanks Gwenad for making me feel better

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

OH boooooo just got a call from DH that DD went through the baked goods I made this morning and only crumbled, half eaten pieces remain =((((

I guess I'll have to make new homemade things for my buddy and send after Christmas too.... this sucks! Good thing is, I wasn't that happy about how the baked goods turned out as I was rushed... so buddy, your package will be bigger and better than originally planned. SORRY

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I didn't post yesterday due to a death in the family yesterday morning - had to drive to Beausejour and pack my hubbys' grandmas possessions so that her room can be given to another patient immediately.
    Yesterday the kids each got posters and markers (princess and cars) and I had to tape them to the table (the posters not the kids) so that they could "work" while I made breakfast. Today was a huge pad of tracing paper for my daughter to do fashion designs with(she has a light table with a doll body outlines, various fashion pieces/accessories etc so she can trace outfits, add texture, colour etc) - so perfect thank you PammieD everything is spot on!
    Delivered a Christmas hamper of food/gifts to a single mom and son near Furby this morning and now have to clean house before my parents arrive in a day and a half.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    OK anyone who hasn't mailed yet are you waiting till after Christmas or trying to mail this week? I had hoped to have my homemade projects done this weekend to mail today but it will be more like Wednesday at this point for mailing and I'm wondering about baked goods sitting in the post office over Christmas...opinions? Would it be better to wait till after Christmas at this point?
    I mailed already... but no baked goods. I didn't think poisoning my buddy before(or after) Christmas was a good idea. LOL!!

I needed to have it "off my plate" because I have to start getting ready for our trip. I made our packing lists and I will pack over 2 weeks to make sure we have everything. I also have to include all the items we bring down to the resort staff and to give out when hubby goes into the small towns. So far we have:

10 x pads/liners
    3 x packages of diapers
    20x packs of razors
    20x toothbrushes
    20x toothpaste/mouthwash
    20x advil/mortin/tylenol/childrens tylenol
    20x bandaids/polyspoirin
    Deodorants, soaps, shampoo's
    a nice assortment of hair clips/ponytails, earrings, necklaces, makeup
    Coloring books, crayons, stickers, small puzzles, small stuffed animals, pens, pencils, paper
    Outfits for kids boys & girls in sizes newborn-4T... and then S/M/L/XL
    Outfits for women and men in all different sizes
    Nylons(you have no idea how much the dancers and front desk staff love to receive nylons)
    Clothespins
    Gum
    Teatowels/Dishclothes
    Pillowcases and sheets

And a bunch of other random stuff. I know it sounds like way to much... but hubby and I always upgrade to the highest luggage allowed and we bring what we can.... I'm not sure what you ladies know about Cuba but the work the entire month for around $25 US. Without tips from us(that they have to change over on the black market) it would be very hard to make it. It's important to stress that (from my experience) these people do not beg for items... the offer us peso all the time. We of course, kindly refuse. Last time we went, we had to show the kids how to use a sticker book... they didn't know. It broke my heart. I think its one of the main reasons we love Cuba... you feel good for many reasons.

And another big shout out to Peachy who sent us a wonderful selection of items to bring with us **muah**
    Last edited by pumpkin9211; Mon, Dec 17th, 2012 at 01:19 PM.

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

OK anyone who hasn't mailed yet are you waiting till after Christmas or trying to mail this week? I had hoped to have my homemade projects done this weekend to mail today but it will be more like Wednesday at this point for mailing and I'm wondering about baked goods sitting in the post office over Christmas...opinions? Would it be better to wait till after Christmas at this point?
    i am waiting until after christmas too!!

Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    I didn't post yesterday due to a death in the family yesterday morning - had to drive to Beausejour and pack my hubbys' grandmas possessions so that her room can be given to another patient immediately.
    Yesterday the kids each got posters and markers (princess and cars) and I had to tape them to the table (the posters not the kids) so that they could "work" while I made breakfast. Today was a huge pad of tracing paper for my daughter to do fashion designs with(she has a light table with a doll body outlines, various fashion pieces/accessories etc so she can trace outfits, add texture, colour etc) - so perfect thank you PammieD everything is spot on!
    Delivered a Christmas hamper of food/gifts to a single mom and son near Furby this morning and now have to clean house before my parents arrive in a day and a half.
    oh no!!! (((HUGS))), was she in the hospital or the care home?
    wendyjane likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im so very sorry on your loss wendyjane.. ((hugs))

having a difficult day myself.. not really accepting parental aging well.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

First and foremost I want to send a hug to all of those who have lost someone close . Losses are never easy and this time of year makes it more difficult. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sorry for the delay in posting yesterday. On the 16th and 17th Jezebel sent to me:

A post it note pad
    A bag of Hershys Caramel filled chocolates
    A Pop-up Post-it note dispenser SUPER Cool, I hav e never seen one before
    A very stunning bottle stopper which I am totally in love with

Awesome gifts Jezebel

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  37.5 KB

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Glad that the kids were able to get some 'work' done yesterday! I'm happy that the gifts are working out well.
    Sorry to hear about your family's loss Wendy. It's never easy, and this time of year seems to compound the impact

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bear25 View Post
    I owe a big apology to my buddy for not posting sooner a very good friend of mine killed herself at the end of November and i was the one to find her and i haven't been dealing with it well, i already suffer from ptsd and depression and finding Trish just put me over the edge and i've been admitted to the hospital twice, but i'm back on my meds now and will be back to posting, buddy i have loved everything you have sent me, thank-you so much, i am going to post a picture in a bit, and again buddy thank-you...................................
    Bear25 - I'm so sorry for your loss. Please don't feel bad about not being here at all. You need to take care of yourself and the loved ones around you. Thank you for putting so much effort into my package. I've enjoyed each day and will post more photos soon of all the things that you got for me. May you find some peace and joy during this time even though I know it is hard. Big hugs and thinking of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    Having a crappy day. My best friend in the entire world is moving 3 provinces away. They left this morning to start the journey. Part of me is incredibly happy for her as it puts her closer to her family and her husbands family, but the selfish part of me is incredibly sad. We have been friends for over 20 years. She is the person that always "just knows" without a huge explanation.

I got incredibly frustrated last night at her going away party because all these people that have known her for around a year were all upset and whiny and didn't seem to realize there was anyone but themselves there. Why this bothered me I don't know. Everyone is entitled to their own grief and has their own way of coping and I know that, but it irritated me beyond belief that they felt their feelings were more important. Meanwhile every time I think about the situation I end up sobbing and crying.

I have absolutely NO Christmas spirit this year. I am usually the person who has the entire house decked out by December 1st- this year I really can't find the energy to care. My husband is currently putting the tree up because I told him I didn't want a tree or anything else to do with Christmas. I want to be a good mom and do all the fun stuff with my girls but for some reason I just can't get there. I honestly just want to close my eyes and wake up on January 2nd.

Christmas has just become a commercialized frenzy over who can buy what and for who. My mother in law is driving me batty counting the minutes we plan to spend with each family and can't understand why I want to drive 5 hours to see my sister and her kids (one of which was born this year and I have seen for less then 1 hr). All in all I am just done with Christmas and everything about it

Rant over. Thanks for letting me vent.

=( I know how that feels like. Big hugs and hopefully through technology you can stay in touch as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Hi ladies...

Sorry for the late posting. Hubby and I spent some much needed time together. I can't wait for Cuba... as much as I will miss my SC gals and coupons.. I look forward to 7 days of no phones, no tv, no interuptions, no work/ot for hubby, no cooking, no cleaning.....just us talking, laughing, loving and being "us". 30 more sleeps.

Talking about sleeps... my mini train buddy should only have 5 sleeps until they receive the package from me. I really hope you love my homemade items. If not... please, lie to me. HA!

And now to the gifts

On Day 15 Bluz gave me super yummy girl guide cookies. I have not had these in years. I am refusing to share. I have them hidden. *sneaky me*

Day 16 made me laugh outloud. I open a cute container that says "keep calm and craft on". I was dying of laughter. And then, I opened it... and well.... you can see the note.

Bluz, thank you for putting so much thought into each gift. I am loving this!!!

Love Love that Keep Calm and Carry On Tin! I want to find it! I love love crafting so it would be perfect for me too. =) Perhaps I"ll make my own on vistaprint. (thanks for the tip pumpkin). Gosh, I want to go to Cuba!!!

I'm definitely waiting. Although I went to a Zellers that is liquidating yesterday and bought tons of stuff! It's so cheap and a lot of it will be going to donations and toy boxes. I was amazed at how cheap they were selling Crayola for so I'm probably going to be including that for my mini train buddy. But likely it will be on the last possible day so it can be as good as it can be.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss too wendyjane. Seems like there's been so much going on with everyone's life these days.

BIG HUGS TO ALL OF YOU! Wish it could be in person but for now, grab yourself some delicious hot chocolate, stay in your pajamas, and wrap yourself in a blanket. that's a dlee hug for you. =)
    Jezebel, wendyjane, Bear25 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Oh! And Day 16 I got snowflake ornaments. Thanks Bear25!

I opened Day 16 today...which means...I'm behind a day!! haha. will open it when I get home from work. =)

only a few more days to go! oh goodness, still have quite a few gifts to get together for my own family but they are coming along.

my latest project is making a handmade clock for my sister in law.

see this for inspiration: (this isn't mine...but I hope mine will look just as nice!)

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

I'm waiting too... I figured it would just sit around over the Christmas stats and would rather see it move!

I love this clock, too cute!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlee View Post
    see this for inspiration: (this isn't mine...but I hope mine will look just as nice!)

Jezebel and slambert like this.

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Oops... almost forgot to post Day 17! A pretty pink glue gun (yay for crafts!) and extra glue sticks..

As anticipated, I practically annihilated one whole bag of black licorice yesterday... although I did manage to get the photo taken first. Will post when I get home from work! Thanks again JJ!

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Day 17 was a nice collection of little goodies for DD which I had to snap a picture of before she ran off with it lol thank you so much I stole the gum before she saw it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    Oops... almost forgot to post Day 17! A pretty pink glue gun (yay for crafts!) and extra glue sticks..

As anticipated, I practically annihilated one whole bag of black licorice yesterday... although I did manage to get the photo taken first. Will post when I get home from work! Thanks again JJ!
    You're the only one I know that loves black licorice... haha but glad you could enjoy it! That's also why I got you not 1, but 2 packs of black licorice! I'm racking my brain trying to remember what gifts are left for you to open I come on everyday wondering, "What did Nicki get?" Haha... I should have written it all down before wrapping and mailing off =) I'm so curious even though I was the one that shopped for you... I must be suffering from mommy brain (so forgetful!)
    Last edited by juliejolie; Mon, Dec 17th, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Jezebel, wendyjane and Armygirl76 like this.

Page 399 of 493 FirstFirst ... 299 349 389 397 398 399 400 401 409 449 ... LastLast

Thread Information