User Tag List

Page 437 of 493 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was okay, we went to my brothers place this year instead of my Aunt's which made me do a happy dance because my one Aunt is a capital B lol. If we were going there again I was thinking of faking the flu just so I wouldn't have to deal with her.

Day 25 for me was magnetic nail polish!! Have never tried it before so I'm looking forward to putting it on. Thanks for all the gifts RSAS! And thanks Jezebal for hosting this great train.
    Jezebel, Bear25 and dlee like this.

Join Swagbucks!! Get FREE Amazon codes and much more! Just click here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Habs13

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Wow I had to work early this morning and just watching everyone run in the doors at 6 this morning was crazy, I decided that I didn't need to shop today, will venture out tomorrow after work, hope everyone is resting after all the family drama lol, have a good day all.
    Jezebel and dlee like this.

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Great score at gymboree! We're in the soo and I had no desire to deal with the crazed Italian hockey moms fighting it out so we stayed in. MIL is nuts enough for me! We skipped out early from. DHs aunt's house and came back here because the MIL was in to the red wine and being plenty passive aggressive for all of us. I had a few words for her and that was enough. I think DHs uncle and cousin shut her down the rest of the way based on the convo we overheard when they all came home. We were all tucked away in bed having a bit of quiet time though by then. Boxing Day is a big full day open house here and there have been rounds of shots going since 10am. She's blasted and obnoxious already. We finally decided to appease her (read, "shut her the f up" ) by putting Alexa in the hideous f'ing dress she got her so that she can show her off to her "friends." Baby's been screaming ever since Don tried to change her. Our only saving grace is that she leaves tomorrow for a hockey tournament.. yaaaaaayyyy family!

I feel a need to do some online shopping. Anyone find some good deals? Children's Place or Gap have any good stuff for a steal?
    Sorry to hear the family has been a pain!

We celebrated with the in-laws and some were MIA which we thought was deliberate, but whatever... Great news is that we found out my SIL is three months preggo with her 2nd! So happy cuz she's been trying for 4 yrs now... She signed the Xmas card she gave all of us with "Love, L/R/R & Baby on the Way"...

I'm planning on checking out Children's Place & Baby Gap tomorrow at Square One mall.. So I'll let you know

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

Has been a crazy few days here. I will try and remember what I haven't written down yet. A box of fruit flavored tea, a photo album, a crayola glow station. I hope that I haven't missed anything but being sleep deprived I probably have. Thanks wendyjane for all the thoughtful gifts that you sent to me and my family. It is greatly appreciated.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

OK ladies - a sh*tload of turkey here - what do we do with it? Not soup, not pot pie - cool fun leftover recipes....
    Last edited by bluzsuz; Wed, Dec 26th, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Jezebel and dlee like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my Mom takes the leftover gravy 'bits' (no bones just meat) and 'fries' it in its gravy then pours it over mashed potatoes or bread with veggies. YUM.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Oh and here is my Merry Christmas to me:

Regular $358, mine for $115 - taxes, duty and shipping included.

Very Excited.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    OK ladies - a sh*tload of turkey here - what do we do with it? Not soup, not pot pie - cool fun leftover recipes....
    I make Christmas dinner poutine..fries topped with stuffing, turkey, gravy and mozza cheese....YUMMY!!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Well, after a confrontation with the drunk MIL about MY baby, I'm nicely tucked into bed with my little bunny watching the Sound of Music. ♡

This movie is my Christmas movie. Growing up, we used to spend the holidays at the cottage and before we'd convinced my dad to get satellite, we got CTV and CBC. They played this movie every year on Christmas Day. Santa must have seen that I'd been looking at buying it on Amazon because he knew to bring me it for Christmas! My heart is sad about losing my bestfriend/sister and yet full because I feel like a new tradition has been born with my little girl. ♥

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Well Christmas is over. My parent's came and went. They cleaned while they were here. But it was a nice visit. My cats are happy they (and their very large black lab) are gone. But my baby is sad. He loves his grandparent's so much and we won't see them again until Easter.

Now to fill the rest of the week with some fun! Course we both have colds but they are mild, so we should be back to healthy soon. Jackson was very tired these past few days, so hopefully some sleep will sort us both out.

This train has been a lot of fun and I am very thankful that I was able to be part of it. I look forward to the next one (and to sending out my mini package in a day or two, likely two as there is another snowstorm due tomorrow!!). Thank you slambert for the great gifts and everything you found for my little boy. We have both loved everything. Oh, and mini buddy I won't be torturing you with my attempt at baking gingerbread cookies, even Santa wouldn't eat them lol.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    Hi all,

sorry for being MIA the past few days...busy with Christmas craziness and welcoming a new foster child into our home.

I will post pictures of all my wonderful gifts later today or tomorrow.

The past few days from the amazing Jody22002 has included: a cute coffee mug, 2 balls of yarn, Fifty Shades or Grey, Turtles, 2 x kids night out movie passes, one adult movie pass (taking the kids out to see Monsters Inc this weekend!!), coffee, hot chocolate. Thank you so much Jody! You have made every day of my December wonderful. Your kindness and generosity are so much appreciated!

To the simply wonderful Julesie-pie -my kids LOVED the book and game! The book was perfect for them, and our house/family....It was so thoughtful, thank you so much!! The game entertained everyone on Christmas afternoon, and we've decided it was so much fun we are going to make it a tradition! Thank you so much!!!! I am so glad you liked the package I sent you -I had a lot of fun shopping/crafting for you and your family!

I will try to get back on SC more in the next few days and get caught up on the thread.

Big congrats to Shawlightning!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss PammieD -my thoughts are with you.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
    Really glad you and your girls like the book. It was one of my favourite books as a kid. The author has a lot of really great books! I am soo glad that you all enjoyed the game! It was a hit a my family gathering too!

We loved everything in our package! All the gifts were perfect for us, thanks again! DD loves the monkey pj pants that you made!

It is really wonderful that you and your family have welcomed a foster child into your home! Is this your first or have you had others before?
    Jezebel, pumpkin9211 and dlee like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I too thoroughly and 100% enjoyed this train.. thank you so much Jeze for hosting this awesome train.. to 'my' little girls' buddy.. well words can't express what they felt xmas morning.
    to my buddy and family. hope everything is ok. would love to hear how your christmas was.
    I must say my hubby has been awesome, he has cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner and done the dishes yesterday and today.. kinda sucks he's going back to work tomorrow.
    Oh and this 50 shades thing.. yikes.. 1/4 into book two already.
    Jezebel, julesie-pie and dlee like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Hi Ladies,

Day 25 brought me, a BIG container of Icy Squares(they might be half gone already) a beautiful photo album (for pics of my niece) and a paint by number kit. I asked for this!!! I'm 31 and have never finished one... well today... I painted two paint by numbers and gave them to my mom. She framed them and have them displayed in her house... hahahahahahahahaha.. never to old to make a picture for your mom.

Bluz, thank you for spoiling me with every present! Your kindness is something I hope to repay in the near future. I will now have to text you everyday... my "texting Bluz advent calendar"

MeShell, you were a fantastic buddy to shop for! Thank you for being so awesome with posting pictures and such! And again, congrats on your very special Christmas present

This train has been so amazing. At times it has been a comedy show, therapy session, venting outlet, recipe finder and "find a friend". I can't believe all we have shared over 25 days......

To my "old SC friends"... each day I am thankful for having you in my life. I consider you family. And can't wait for another year of memories.

To my "new SC friends"... I look forward to sharing more laughs and tears. I hope you all think about joining the next train.

To all of you: I'm only a pm away if you need anything

And last but certainly not least... Jez, thank you for conducting such a BIG train. The SC community is lucky to have you! Your hard work certainly paid off!!! This train will be a forever memory of mine! xo

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

ok sorry for my absence ...I came home today as I had some holiday drinks ....so I WAS NOT driving last night

I haven't caught up on the thread yet will do that tomorrow as I am already in bed

To answer multiple p'ms about trade ratings here is how it works
    ~1 for the advent train
    ~1 for the kids train
    ~1 for the mini train
    ~1 for each of your buddies so if you were on all 3 then you would leave 3 ratings for the conductor and 3 ratings for your buddies...I will be leaving the same amount of ratings

I think this will be the most ratings as a conductor I have ever left for 3 trains at once ! lol

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas...I will be back to update and share stories tomorrow !!! night everyone

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    Day 25 my super duper amazing buddy gave me ........ A freaken bad a$$ Nerf gun. Omg I was up first and opened it when i saw what it was I ran around the house firing at everyone to wake them up. DS was yelling mom get out of here, I was laughing like a mad women quoting Die Hard " yippee ki yah" it was great. I even got up the nerve to shot my mom in the butt when she was making coffee lol. Our Nerf battle tomorrow will be awsome with my little addition. I love this train it is amazing the uniqueness of all the gifts and how the match our personality so perfectly. Awesome jobs to all the buddy MWAH. The kids have made me promise to sign them up for the kids train next year!!!!

and the biggest thank you to you Tiffany you made my Christmas so special. I have never had someone treat me so special love yah girl.

love nerf!! we used to play with them all the time! mostly my brother shooting me with the nerf dart gun. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    You're Welcome buddy! I didn't know if you can't have repeat codes (like two from the same movie etc) but I reckon it's OK by your reaction! Lol

Thank you buddy for akl of the great gifts for Alexa and I. We received lots of great treats the last few days, including a micro fiber hair towel wrap, my fave hair elastics, chocolate and some much needed chocolate peanut m&ms...with the pouch tops for free movies (conveniently I needed to to redeem! ). I know I'm missing some other stuff, but the most thoughtful gidrs were day 25 where we received super soft knit blanket for my bunny and a great circle scarf for myself! thanks so much Denise. merry Christmas to you and your family. ..hopefully you are feeling better and you get a little Christmas treat in the mail tomorrow!

Merry Christmas everyone. Sorry that I've been MIA. My best friend since grade 1 unexpextedly passed away on Thursday and things have been pretty sad. The funeral was on Sunday and it has definitely been a hard reminder of what's important in life. I have such a jumble of feelings that I don't even think I'm ready to talk about and deal with, but I just wanted to drop in and say how I really appreciate all of the companionship I've found here on' The Forum'. As ive recently learned, it's so important to say what needs to be said when you can. Tomorrow doesn't always come.

So thank you everyone. I wish you and your families and friends all a happy and healthy holiday season. Good luck to everyone who works retail and/or service industries. Boxing Day will be over soon enough!

Off to go dress up my little bunny in her Christmas outfit before my MIL gets to her...I'm shocked that she hasn't called CAS on me....I have failed her by not dressing her in dresses at all times...apparently this makes her a boy?
    so sorry PammieD, big hug to you from me. lots of losses and difficult times during christmas. =( take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    hi everyone popping back in after a very disappointing xmas dinner. yet again. it seems nothing has changed in 3 years. we were told this is the last year for gifts and such. thats fine. whatever. i informed them thats fine.. we won't be here next year anyway.they were like.. really? where are you going i said anywhere but here. and this time.. i mean it.(i didn't say that but def. thought it) even if we have to 'fake' it and go somewhere like Toronto. i've never been so disgusted with family ever. oh well what can you do.
    i was thoroughly spoiled by my husband. that makes it all worthwhile. he got me earrings from peoples, 'Bethany' by Royal doulton. she's so pretty. and the rest of 50 shades yay. and a whole other whack of goodies.

so sorry to hear about the awful family dinner. that does not sound pleasant. well, next year, new traditions and new christmas plan! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    Yesterday my mom realized she had forgotten a key ingredient in her punch I said I just walk the block to shoppers (the only place that was open that I knew of) when I got there all there stuff was already marked down so I ran home grabbed my DD and my mom and went back and when gift set crazy. At a certain point we realized we had a turkey in the oven and had to go home lol I also stayed up to what turned out to be I kinda crappy David's Tea Boxing Day sale online but managed to get some teas half off.
    yeah, I went to davids tea today and everything was gone but it wasn't that great either. I did get the $3 tea cozy so I can keep my teapot warm. =)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    Oh and here is my Merry Christmas to me:

Regular $358, mine for $115 - taxes, duty and shipping included.

Very Excited.
    gorgeous! I want it! haha.

Page 437 of 493 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 ... LastLast

Thread Information