User Tag List

Page 271 of 493 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

My parents did that too Although I wasn't the "bad" child in our family - all my sisters doing

Bluz trust me when I saw this, "when your kids have kids, they will get it back twice as bad" and they will know what you went threw and why you did what you did

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post

I was in complete shock when I returned home from school and my bedroom door was removed from the hinges. <-- yup, I had awesome parents!

Lesson (one of many) learned.

"Mean"(that means loving) parenting is one of the best gifts you can give. They will thank you... just give it a few years

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Hey Bluz,

My mom(and dad) raised us three girls. Lots of DRAMA(from us) at times... but we all learned how important our parents are and how much we have to thank them for. Unfourtunately, it doesn't happen until about 21.

My mom tells everyone "they all lost the brains and common sense from 16-21ish". Stay strong!

Um, I might have been a "handful" at times and when I threw my hissy fit and acted like an arse... my parents took the phone(no cells phone then) out of my room and little tv that I had too. When I said "I have a right to my privacy...blah, blah, 16 year old blah" ..... My parents kindly informed me that it was privilege not a "right" of mine in their house where I was living. I was in complete shock when I returned home from school and my bedroom door was removed from the hinges. <-- yup, I had awesome parents!

Lesson (one of many) learned.

"Mean"(that means loving) parenting is one of the best gifts you can give. They will thank you... just give it a few years
    I know it's all teen stuff... thanks for the words. It's nice to come here and vent. Having 4 hours sleep since wednesday morning may have something to do with my emotional state too!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    I am having a really emotional day today and this post made me cry again - with happiness for the generosity and thankfulness/appreciation of all the riders on this train.
    Youngest DD is really giving us a run for our money this week on different issues, we came across her open facebook chat (yeah - like you wouldn't look too!) and this particular chat was related to an 'issue' we had with her the night before when she wanted to spend the night at her friends house on a school night. Needless to say she wasn't raving to her friend about how cool and awesome her parents are and how lucky she is to have all kinds of cool stuff and rarely gets denied anything.... Oh the drama of a teenage girls life when they hear the word 'no'.
    LOL I know what you mean! A few months ago my DD left her FB open as well and as you said, you cant help but look. Needless to say I found out that she had a boyfriend and were talking about going to at least 2nd base next time they were together! At 14 years old thats NOT what i wanted to see! Needless to say this was not a boyfriend much longer whn we cut all times with this person and her other than at school! She now knows I have all her passwords and can access her acct. at anytime! And I have! The word "No" and your grounded from..." make them think their world is ending! The funny part is I have DD's 2 bffs on my fb and talk to the one pretty regularly! She has it kinda bad at home so Im just someone to talk to when she needs it.

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

I couldn't have said it any better. Both DH and I were raised by strong parents who practiced "Mean" parenting -we hated them for it until we stepped out into the world on our own. Now we can't thank them enough for it. Bluzsuz, I'm sure someday (although now I'm sure it seems a long time away) your daughter will thank you for being a strong parent who set boundaries and had rules.
    We are raising our kids the same -they may hate us at times, but at the end of the day it will serve them well in life.
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Fri, Nov 23rd, 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Thanks ladies - I love yas. Perusing pics from when they were younger and cute lol

I want to go back to these days

and here is one of our house at Xmas

Jezebel, scbpooh, Ceren and 8 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

012/11/23 10:35 WOODBRIDGE Item successfully delivered

YAY!!!!!

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2012/11/23 07:07 HOPE Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.
    2012/11/22 04:54 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
    2012/11/17 11:09 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
    10:04 MISSISSAUGA Item in transit
    06:38 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
    2012/11/15 17:38 SAULT STE MARIE Item accepted at the Post Office

Woot!!! Buddy..... you can have your package before the weekend if you pick it up

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

is the answer couponsrule because she's #43 on the list?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2012/11/23 07:07 HOPE Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.
    2012/11/22 04:54 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
    2012/11/17 11:09 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
    10:04 MISSISSAUGA Item in transit
    06:38 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
    2012/11/15 17:38 SAULT STE MARIE Item accepted at the Post Office

Woot!!! Buddy..... you can have your package before the weekend if you pick it up
    YAY!!!!!!! and HA, I was right all along!! Every hint you said made me totally think I was your buddy....unless there was someone else on here who was exactly like me and wanted the same things!! I'm SOOOOOO excited that you're my buddy!! and pffff there was no "attempted delivery", I've been up since like 6am......CP doesn't deliver to my house.....they just put the notice in my mailbox at the post office. Anyways, AHH, i'm so excited, I will go pick it up later when hubby gives me a chance to leave the house. I gotta go to the hospital anyways for a blood test, yuck. Anyways, :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Sighs. Gazing fondly/expectantly every time a vehicle that sounds like a delivery truck goes by...ups and purolator cruised by....cp where are you?
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

a minivan just pulled up...
    Armygirl76 and missbee217 like this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Had a bit of a fight with my 3yr old :S we both wanted to unpack the box! So excited - I'm hooked - sign me up every year please! I have no idea what is in the packages but its so fun thank you Pam D in Toronto thankyouthankyouthankyou you just made my day. I woke up tired, turned off the alarm and fell back asleep. EEEEEp! Finally got up got the kids ready, dropped off daughter at school and came back home (supposed to ride my bike but have no giddy up today). Chatted with SIL for an hour exchanging in law rants Skipped ballet as he really didn't want to go and I didn't want to fight. Instead of painting another coat on the dresser (see background in photos) am on this time sucker here and now have good reason.
    Here is a pic of little man helping me unload the box - looks awesome! I think I'll set up a mini tree with all of the advent gifts only under it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Jezebel, Ceren, Melissa13 and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

LOL i am starting to think I was my own buddy and I failed
    Last edited by Armygirl76; Fri, Nov 23rd, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    Had a bit of a fight with my 3yr old :S we both wanted to unpack the box! So excited - I'm hooked - sign me up every year please! I have no idea what is in the packages but its so fun thank you Pam D in Toronto thankyouthankyouthankyou you just made my day. I woke up tired, turned off the alarm and fell back asleep. EEEEEp! Finally got up got the kids ready, dropped off daughter at school and came back home (supposed to ride my bike but have no giddy up today). Chatted with SIL for an hour exchanging in law rants Skipped ballet as he really didn't want to go and I didn't want to fight. Instead of painting another coat on the dresser (see background in photos) am on this time sucker here and now have good reason.
    Here is a pic of little man helping me unload the box - looks awesome! I think I'll set up a mini tree with all of the advent gifts only under it.
    Haha - glad it made it to you Wendy! I just got the email notification that it was delivered! Better a day late than never!

I have to PM you some info though this weekend because I'm a sleep deprived tool!

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

It actually is for the best though because I am horribly snoopy lol, My dad took back all my Christmas present one year because I found them all and started playing with the stero he bought me lol. Or so he told me because they were all under the tree. But it scared me enough to never go look agian.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Thread Information