User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Slaney
  • 1 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 1 Post By Lynn49

Thread: You probably don't remember this.....

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

But I'd posted back around July about this great job I was going to get (housekeeping manager) & I was so exited. I even quit 2 other jobs for it. What a joke it turned out to be!
    First of all after my interview word starts going around town that the hotel was about to get shut down before construction was done because there was 3 inspections they kept failing (appeared to be plumbing, electrical & fire but there's also foundation problems so I'm not 100% sure). When I asked the manager she denied it but I started at the start of August & I could tell the rumours were true.
    So for 3.5 months I worked my ass off trying to get the rooms cleaned & set up which was impossible because the construction & touch ups & workers using the bathrooms just never ended. I had 1 helper who was pretty good but no one else. Anyone else they hired was useless but it didn't help these people never applied to be cleaners either! At least 3 people got fired by the GM by her ignoring them. I don't know why she wouldn't just tell them or let me tell them, you can't fire people by ignoring them!
    So after 3 months of saying they were going to open they finally said they were opening Nov. 30th wether they were ready or not. On Nov 20th I still needed equipment, supplies, stock, shelves & most importantly- STAFF! I'd been telling the GM for weeks to post an ad so we could get resumes but she kept saying her boss wouldn't let her we had 2 resumes on hand that I said no to & the front desk supervisor threw a fit & told me I had to hire them. I later found out that 1 of them didn't even apply for housekeeping she was just in a panic if I didn't get staff I'd have to use her staff that I'd already returned to her department because they were useless to me. Plus by that point we were done as much as we could. We had 10 days to wash all the laundry we could with only 1 working washer & 1 working dryer (not fixed cuz the GM spent 3 days hiding on a pile of laundry in the corner instead of dealing with anything) & then go over the rooms for a final clean the day before open so I could train staff & hope no one went back into the rooms...
    I was about to just walk out, I had never been so stressed out. I litterally didn't sleep for 3 days so I called in 1 day, the boss never replied to that or the other 4 texts I sent that day (one of nthem was about my wage since I'd never been given my raise I was told about in August & everyone else had just been given a pay cut). No one else I texted that day would reply or say much if they did which was weird. I told the GM the next day I wouldn't be in cuz I still hadn't slept & I was going to go & buy my own supplies I needed. She replied that was fine but then tried to say I was a no show the day before 4 hours later she started texting me freaking out that I wasn't allowed to buy anything I needed to run housekeeping! How did she expect me to run a department with NOTHING! I even asked how I was supposed to do my job if no one would let me. And then she went back to ignoring me again! So I finally asked if I was fired since I know that's how she fires people & she said yes! I asked why & she said I was a no show. Well no I wasn't a no show. So she said I didn't follow instruction. The only instruction I couldn't follow was to pressure wash the pool cuz we agree'd the guys would do it & because they were still caulking windows, painting & insulating!
    I tried calling her all night but she wouldn't answer, tricked her once but she hung up when she realized it was me. Next morning she still wouldn't answer but texted me that I wasn't allowed to go to the hotel. Which was just awesome since I still have stuff there!
    So she fired me Nov 21 after 3.5 months. There was a payday Nov 23 but the chqeques didn't come in til Nov 27 (we'd only ever been paid on time once) And I have never got that cheque. 2 people I talked to said they thought the GM told me it was in! Now one of the front desk guys has it & my stuff but he won't give it to me.
    I know I'll have to go to the labour board to get my pay for the last day I worked since I couldn't sign in or out because the GM had the sign in book at her house, plus lost wages since I'm sure that other cheque they gave me a pay cut on & severance pay but why can't they just grow up for 5 minutes & give me that other cheque!

But enough about me, how has the last 4 months been for everyone else? lol
    This thread is currently associated with: Microsoft
    Shwa Girl and vesper like this.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I do remember this - so sorry it was such a fiasco!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remember too. Wow! That's nuts! If that's how they run things, I can't see them being in operation for long. How does someone like that end up getting a job as GM? I wonder how she got things cleaned after you left.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is horrible! Don't take #### from stupid people. There are lots of high paying jobs in Saskatchewan right now.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I remember you and about the story, you went there with a friend of yours. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you. I don't imagine the hotel will be there long with that kind of stuff going on, and if it is, the gm won't be part of it. The way you were treated is unethical. I would definetly be talking to the labour board about this one!
    vesper likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

It sounds to me like there's something else going on at this hotel. They are probably having horrendous financial issues and can't afford to buy anything or pay their employees.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Sounds like h*ll. You're better off getting out of it now than later. Sorry it turned out the way it did though.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I, too, remember your story...geez what a disaster that turned out to be! So sorry. But maybe getting out now is the best thing.......if they're having money problems, you could have been working for a longer period before you were told there's no money to pay you! The labour board, I hope, will have something to say about your treatment...good luck, Hon..
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

What a disaster! You are better WITHOUT that place!!!! Sorry you went through all that! Good luck with going after them for your pay!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow some workplaces! Hope you can find something better soon. Take care and get out as soon as you can. Good Luck. If you need to vent just come on here we'll listen.

Thread Information