User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Dalton McGuinty Resigns

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    He has been doing a good job of putting that all on Clement though?

Trying to that is lol

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

With the legislature now prorogued, the scheduled finance committee hearings into the gas plant cancellations and all other legislative business will be cancelled. There won't be any committee's either because the three parties have been unable to agree on their makeup under a minority government.

The two opposition parties can call them back when they get back though, the Liberals don't have enough seats to stop them and the Speaker has to vote for the status quo which is the existing committees. But to do that they need to agree on actually having committees and how many people will sit on them, which the Liberals do get a say in. The opposition parties refuse to let them have a majority on those committees as they can use them to hold the govt to account
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Trying to that is lol
    Clement was said to be the next leader too lol
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Global are covering the story with John Tory (former leader of PCs) giving his opinion on why etc
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I vote for the Rhino Party of Canada. It can't be any worse.
    Patty Smyth and glowworm2k like this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    LOL! I think his brand is getting more tarnished by the day, particularly now as the opposition and media sift through the 20,000 pages of documents that McGuinty and his ministers suppressed and left out of the FOI document request. Although as I'm not a liberal supporter, I would be very happy to see him as the federal leader... NDP would wipe the floor with them in that case!

Overall, I think the resignation is long overdue. I voted for change, and so did a lot of people, but we ended up with McGuinty anyways. He should've lost his shirt over e-health and ornge and has been on borrowed time ever since in my books.

His legacy will be (maybe) more fondly remembered than Rae and Harris in all likelihood, but I don't think that the "education premier" label he always branded himself with will stick in the long run. ...at least not for the post-secondary students with 5- and 6- figure debts at graduation and no hopes of a decent (read: full year, full-time) job; not for the folks from the devastated manufacturing industry who are looking to retrain and re-skill; nor for all those who still can't get access to a licenced daycare even though there is all day kindergarten that was implemented in the most cost-ineffective way ever in order to make his teacher union buddies happy (seriously, it would be a great program staffed with ECEs instead of teachers and at a lower cost!)...

/end rant
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My friend Chris said, he thinks Dalton is stupid enough to try to run for leadership.
    TaraF likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SO yesterday I heard on the news that Dwight Duncan was going to be quitting politics in the near future and then this morning I hear the same thing of Chris Bentley.

I smell something stinky, and it is getting stronger.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It isn't really a surprise, they have obviously told the party they need a woman as leader by the people slated to run
    Duncan will always have the shadow of this teachers agreement over his head and Bentley the power plants - if I were either of them I would get out too
    However, the Liberals know they are not likely to get a majority in the next election, you will see a lot of the people leave while they are "ahead" - easier to get a cushy job now than when they are unemployed
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My guess for leadership hopeful is Glen Murray. The ex-mayor of Winnipeg was parachuted into my riding when Smitherman bailed to run for mayor of Toronto, despite other local candidates wanting the job. He's not exactly the happy friendly type (I've met him more than once on the street - he lives down the block from me).
    Last edited by Andit; Fri, Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information