User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: "hes even cuter"

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Uggh... a greasy-looking man in his fifties stopped me at Wal-Mart last night in the Hallowe'en candy aisle. "Hey, Mom," he said, looking at my 3 1/2 year-old son, "How are you doing with your little Prince? He's gorgeous."

Weak smile... scurry away...hairs standing up on the back of my neck.

That would creep me out just a bit too

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I admit I am getting used to having 2 kids and I try very hard to make sure ds1 still feels loved and doesn't feel forgotten or pushed aside. ( I know it can be a hard adjustment going from an only child with all the attention to having another kid around all the time who needs more time and attention)
    Also I am not saying she intentionally hurt his feeling. My rant is that the wording was thoughtless and that it did hurt my sons feelings.
    I can see how your son's feelings would be hurt at that age. I was often mistaken for a boy from ages 2-8 (I had short hair and loved doing "boy things" and wearing "boy clothes") and remember feeling upset by comments that weren't intended to be rude:
    "He's so handsome!"
    "You've got a boy, too?"
    "He looks like his dad!"
    "Oh what a big boy! You must be happy your daughter is so skinny, since your son is so fat!" (I am not. making. this. up. )

I would suggest if it happens again to try to use it as a teachable moment to remind your son that sometimes people can hurt your feelings even when they are trying to be nice. Both of your boys will probably get compared to one another a lot in each other's earshots as they grow, and if you can help them to learn that they are equally special to you and that what strangers say doesn't matter, it'll help get them through those things.
    francine1985 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what does dh and ds1 mean?
    (sorry im new!)
    Are you getting your FREE gift cards from swagbucks?! Who else will pay you $20 a month just for using their searchbar?!!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shanelquan

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I think your son's cuteness totally threw her off balance. I hope they always have this effect on the opposite sex and you can tell them the story of the lady who put her big foot in her mouth when she saw one cute child and then another just as cute but smaller and what to say, what to say... cuteness overload..insert foot. Ooops. Not cuter, stammer, I mean smaller. Cuter as in smaller. Awwww, me and my big mouth. I shoulda just smiled.
    francine1985 likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MissShanel View Post
    what does dh and ds1 mean?
    (sorry im new!)
    Dh is dear husband
    D's is dear son (ds1 is my oldest son ds2 is my younger son)
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information